Chapter 31

A Bang In The Heart

 

        "What is up with Jiyong these days??" Teddy frowned at the screen of his computer. "Yah, Youngbae-ya, have you seen this? G-dragon and Miko Kazuhara dating pictures at a theme park."
         Youngbae looked up from his papers and shook his head, "Aniyo*"
         "Yahh this jashik* how come we get to know about this from just the computer? Where is he even at?" Teddy scrolled down the article he was reading. 
         I walked up to his computer to read the article. I really didn't want to. No I didn't even want to know what THEY thought...but I had to.
         <>
       I grabbed my forehead as I remembered last night. The photographer attacked me with flashes and questions, I couldn't do anything but run. After out of sight, I pulled my wig off and went back home miserably on the subway.
 
   Was Jiyong going to be in trouble? I squirmed at the thought and bit my lips. Was that why he's late today?
     "Hm, is he really dating her?" Youngbae asked as he leaned back on his chair.
     Youngbae didn't know either...and I was the only one who knew. This strange guilt that kept building inside of me, seemed to burn me down.
     "Remi-ya, let's go eat lunch." Youngbae stood up from his chair and tapped at my head. The only thing that made me somewhat comfortable was Youngbae and his friendliness. As usual he looked casual, dressed in a plain white tee and dark jeans finished off with a different pair of large Nikes. 
       "Ah, have you guys eaten yet?" I asked the other producers in the room.
       "Don't worry bout us, we'll be almost done soon." 
We bowed ourselves out of the room and went to the cafeteria.
       "Are you okay...Remi?" Youngbae asked as we sat down on one of the tables.
I picked up my chopsticks, "Yea, just fine." I said rather coldly.
       Youngbae seemed to understand and just nodded without trying to pry. We continued to eat in silence but what I liked about it was that it wasn't awkward with Youngbae. Even without words to fill the gap between us, I felt like I could trust in him and he was someone that I could lean on.
       As I took a sip of water, I saw Youngbae's face turn into a smile as his eyes wandered over and up.

 

    I frowned and tilted my head, "Why are you laughin-"
     "ARHHGHHHH!!!!" I heard a loud deep voice scare me from behind.
I leaped in terror and screamed out loud as my chair shook violently.
Flipping around quickly, my face broke out into a wide smile when I saw who it was.
     "Jiyong-ah, when d'you come?" Youngbae asked jokingly, still laughing at my reaction. 
      Jiyong's hair was freshly cut short and dyed into a vibrant shade of sea blue. A few strands struck out like blades of grass at the top and the rest of his hair was slicked back neatly. The bright yet calming shade complemented his cold eyes and his delicate looking lips. How can someone even pull off something like that? He looked different, more cool and light. Thinly rimmed glasses rested on his nose and he was dressed in a slim fitting white and blue button up and black capris. He looked sharp and edgy, much like a teacher
     "Ahh oppa!!" I whined as I sunk back down in my chair.
     "Oh, you changed your hair?" Youngbae took a sip of his water as Jiyong took a seat next to us.
     I saw a small sneak of a glance from Jiyong and he instantly smiled. "Yeah, my hair was growing too much." He lightly touched his hair with his fingers.
 
"Oh annyeong Remi, didn't see you there" Jiyong joked as he finally turned his head fully towards me.
     I gave him a short glare and continued eating.
     "Yah, the news about Miko and you-"
     "Ah that?? Don't even worry bout it. It's just some stupid rumors again." Jiyong said casually as he nonchalantly waved at the passing people going through the cafeteria. 
     Some stupid rumor...? How could he just stay so cool about it? He looked too comfortable and at ease. And here I was, filled with worry and guilt accumulating in mass amounts about to explode and all he said was  "Stupid rumors"? Jiyong's eyes continued to keep that same cool flare but I could see a small hint of wariness in his eyes. They seemed to be taking notice of me, seeing my face expressions every few seconds and making sure I wasn't upset. A small line of shininess glistened under his eyes and his pupils dilated often. Why couldn't he just let it all out for once?
       Youngbae nodded as he chewed his food.
      "Ah, but the Japanese promotions are gonna be pushed back, for another month, and then we'll continue." Jiyong looked at Youngbae with sorry eyes. "Sajangnim said that it's too risky to keep going when there's so many rumors going on...and so-"
      "It's okay." Youngbae smiled understandingly. "It's even better for us since we have more time to work on the album then." 
       After eating, we went back upstairs to the recording studio only to find it empty.
 
     "Did they go out to eat?" I asked looking around but it was clearly empty.
 The door swung open and Huijoon walked in quickly.
     "Hyung, annyeong" The two greeted him and I did the same. 
     "Yah, Youngbae-yah, you should go down to the dance studios soon. The dancers are already there practicing your solo." Huijoon said looking over his phone.
     "Already? I thought it was later." Youngbae thought for a second.
     "I don't know but still."
     "Alright then, see ya guys later." Youngbae spoke fluently in English and walked out of the room. 
     "What are you two doing?" Huijoon asked as he was about to leave.
Jiyong sat down into one of the big chairs and swiveled around. 
     "I guess we'll just start doing something..." Jiyong shrugged. I shrugged along with him. Huijoon raised one eyebrow and nodded confirmingly then left the room.
Then silence. Jiyong pulled his chair closer to the desk and looked concentratedly down at the blank computer screen. I sighed and walked over to him.
       "Hey...you okay?" I asked as I lightly flicked his cheek with my finger.
      Jiyong looked down and let out a depressing sounding sigh but then smiled as he looked back up at me. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?" He looked happy, he really did. But I couldn't help erase that terrified look he had last night when things started to get crazy. He looked so frightened and scared, like a little boy lost alone.

 

"I'm sorry about yesterday, It was all my fault to even-" I blurted out.
"No no no no no..." Jiyong frowned sadly at me and stood up. His blue hair reflected over his glasses and I couldn't see his eyes anymore. His hand carefully cupped my face and pulled me close to him.
     "Don't you ever, ever be sorry. Remi, none of this is your fault. If anything, I should be the one that's sorry." Jiyong's forehead crinkled and he shook his head in sorrow.  
     "But you shouldn't be...and I understand." 
     "No, it is my fault. And I promise to you that I won't let anything like this hurt you. I will...I'll protect you. If anything goes wrong, anything, I promise that I'll do everything so you won't get affected by it. Even if one of us has to, I'll be the one."
Jiyong was willing to sacrifice his job...his work...for me? Why would he even do that? That's crazy.
     "...you're crazy" I whispered as I blinked back the stupid tears.
     "You make me crazy. So promise...that you'll never blame yourself." 
Jiyong held up a pinky and I pinky promised him, like children at a playground. But even when Jiyong smiled widely at me, I still didn't feel good.
     "Stop. Stop doing that." I pushed Jiyong away as I looked down.
     "What?"
     "Pretending. Pretending that all of this is okay. Pretending that you're happy. Just for once oppa, tell me how you feel inside." I swallowed the hard lump in my throat.
    "But...I am happy. Honestly Remi, I don't care what those rumors say. Sure it bothers me but as long as I have you...I'm good." Jiyong pulled me back close to him.
 
     "Really?" I raised my eyebrows at the overall seriousness but the cheesiness of his tone.
     "God Remi, just believe me or I'm taking everything I said back!" Jiyong laughed playfully and this time I could tell this was a real laugh. Not one to over up his sadness inside.
      "Fine" I pouted and crossed my arms.
Jiyong flicked my pouting lips with his finger and pouted himself. "They'll all wash away just as rumors. But, we should stop making so many rumors...Miss Miko." 
      I finally let out a clear laugh and smiled myself. His thin and handsome smile was just so irresistible.
      "In that case..." I pushed him back down gently on his chair and sat on his lap, facing him, all with a sly grin. 
      What was wrong with me? I felt so playful and sneaky all of sudden...with him. 
I pulled his thin glasses off of him and put them on me at an angle so that I could clearly see his sparkling eyes.
      Jiyong's eyes opened lazily halfway in a very y way and a half grin invaded his lips.
     "Yah...you." Jiyong said as he examined my face closely.
     "I'm not MIKO. Watashi no namae wa...Kwon Remi desu*" I purposefully articulated the Japanese sharply and lightly.
      "Kwon Remi-shi? That's a pretty name, Agashi*. May I ask whom you're married to?" Jiyong asked with a teasing smile.
------------------
*watashi no namae wa kwon Remi desu- (In Japanese) my name is Kwon Remi.
*Agashi- "miss" or "lady"
--------------
 

 

Oh he was the one teasing me? That was soon about to change.
      I strapped his arms down to his side with my tight hands and I leaned closely to his face but kept a small distance of a centimeter away. His eyes blinked several times and his lips parted slightly wanting for something. But instead, I tantalizingly brushed my lips against the corner of his lips. Jiyong gave out a light moan in a hushed breath and I felt his arousing breath feather over my skin.
     "Oh you know... Some crazy guy named Kwon. Ji. Yong." I endlessly by tilting my face closer and closer to him.
      I felt his legs tighten underneath him and saw a little glistening coat of sweat over his forehead. His fresh and crisply sweet scent wrapped around me as I closed and opened my eyes in a seducing manner. Jiyong bit his lips as he tried to stifle in little soft moans whenever I leaned closer to kiss him. His face looked so frustrated but still maintained a playful charm across his eyes. 
     "Kwon Remi, if you keep doing this... You don't know what's gonna happen next." He threatened with a glare in his eyes.
I bit my lips and whispered through his freshly scented hair as I kissed the end of his jawline, "Try me."
Jiyong pulled my hands off of him and grabbed my arms as he stood up to push me gently against the nearest wall. His hands reached lightly under my shirt but just on my waist. Jiyong's eyes flashed with something I had never seen in him before and his glasses sank down even further on my nose. Just before his lips cravingly touched the tip of mine, the door swung open.