Chapter 52

A Bang In The Heart

 

With the palm of my good hand, I pushed deeply at my eye to push back my tears. I dropped my phone beside me and it hit the floor with a soft thud. My throat felt clogged and every time I exhaled, tears drizzled out in lines down my face, taking away my breath.
        Stop crying Remi. You're so stupid. He's a bastard...why the hell do you still think about him?
        The door behind me unlocked and opened. Sua came inside and gave me a funny face.
         "What are you doing sitting there like that?" Sua closed the door behind her and took off her shoes.
          I sniffed and wiped off my tears to try to not make it look like I was crying. But it was obvious anyways. I looked up at her and pouted.
         "H-Hi." I took a deep breath and dried the remainder of my tears.
         Sua turned the lights on in the house and raised her eyebrows. "What happened Remi? You're a....mess." 
         I looked down at the floor and awkwardly picked at my nails. "I-I don't know...I don't know what's wrong with me." I frowned and focused at a point at the floor. "He called me..." 
        Sua squatted down next to me and tightened her lips. "Who called you."
       "He called me...and and I didn't say a word to him... I didn't even breathe." My face twisted in emotion.
       Sua looked pitifully at me and sighed.
       "H-He just...he just said my name and that was it. And I couldn't say anything to him!! I wanted to! I wanted to tell him...how much of a bastard he is." I ran my fingers into my hair and grabbed at it.
 
    "I-I wanted...to." I whimpered as I swallowed hard. 
     Sua sighed again and grabbed at my arm, pulling me up to my feet.   
     "Remi...you're a mess. J-Just forget about him okay? He's an idiot and a bastard... and he doesn't deserve someone like you." Sua pushed my matted hair back behind my ears and wiped the tears underneath my chin.
     Wow...even Sua didn't like him now. Sua who had been such a big fan of him in the beginning. I'm sorry that you had to lose your idol Sua...
     "You know what will help you??" Sua pat my back humorously and smiled widely. "A blind date! My friends and I set up a meeting* for this Saturday and you're gonna come with us!" 
     I looked confusedly at her. I had never gone on a blind date before.
"What if... What if they don't like me?" I frowned and looked pleadingly at Sua.
     "Who cares? It's basically just a reason for us to get drunk and have fun. I heard the guys who're coming are fricken hot! They're still in college but going for higher degrees so they're smart too!" Sua excitedly said.
      Having fun and getting drunk with hot guys I've never before seen in my life? What bad could happen?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-----------
*meeting- blind date gathering of people. Usually college students. Most of the time a few girls and guys will come and they pair up and go places.
----------
 
       I patted down my long waves and opened my eyes widely. I at least dressed up for the occasion. With my mint green shorts and a classic white tank top underneath an ombré bleached blue blazer, I looked something of a teen magazine model. Of course my subtle make up did help me look younger than I really was. My black pumps added a few inches to my height but nonetheless I looked young and ready to party.
       "Relax girl, you look pretty enough to get hit on." Sua laughed as I nervously looked around. We were standing at a small park in Hongdae, mostly where many indie bands were playing a few songs and many crowds of people walked by. It was getting dark now and the sky was a sweet pink with a gradient darkness that treaded over. Two of Sua's other friends were here too. 
       "Oh annyeong, where's Kichul?" Sua smiled as a few guys walked over to the bench that we were standing around.
       There were three guys, all tall and somewhat handsome with brilliant but shy smiles. 
       One of the guys who had a cute smile responded, "Ah he'll come later, he said head over to the club without him." 
       The guy who was the closest gazed his eyes at me and smiled warmly. He was tall and lean which contrasted his cute roundish eyes and curling smile. He looked different...than him. Dressed in a simple white tee and a black blazer, we somewhat matched in our outfits.
        "Annyeong, I'm Junghwa." He held up a hand for me to shake and raised his eyebrows.
        I shook it with welcome and smiled back, "Remi... It's nice to meet you."
God Remi, why are you being so formal? 
I tried to relax my facial muscles but they were still so tight.
        "Ah okay, then lets go ahead." One of the other guys started to lead us into the crowd.
Junghwa stayed right next to me as we walked, trying to keep up a conversation with me. But every time I answered something, my response felt awkward and formal. 
Just be yourself Remi. I kept telling myself over and over again.
      "Hey so this club is an underground club owned by Yang Hyun suk and I can get us in!" The guy with the cute smile yelled over the crowd of people.
      Yang Hyun Suk...sajangnim? 
      We entered a large building which the door led us underground into an intensely dark place with loud bass throbbing music. The walls were light saber green with heavy laser lights flashing around. The heavy club beat of the music seemed to bounce off the walls and into my ears, almost deafening me. There were bunch of girls dancing in clothing and the focus centered around a small neon light flashing stage with a DJ behind it. 
The lights reflected of the crystal glasses from the bar and the music seemed to make everything blurry.
I never really been to a club before, I was never that kind of party animal.
      Junghwa placed his hand around my waist and gently led me through the crowd.
      "Are you okay?" He asked with calm sparkling eyes that reflected the neon lights off.

 

       I instantly smiled to show that I was okay, "Yeah of course! I'm all good!" 
      We went to go to a section of the bar where we all had a large alcoholic drink as we laughed and jabbered away our nervousness. After a while, I was starting to wash away all the things that had stressed me and something inside me clicked on. 
I was getting drunk but the hell with it! After a few drinks, my mind felt completely loose and free. Junghwa kept his arm around my waist but I didn't mind at all. He was there for me the entire time, taking my drinks for me when I lost in a game and continuously making jokes that made me smile. Maybe because he was funny or because I was drunk but everything felt good.
      The music paused for a second and everyone began to clap rowdily as a familiar voice took over the sounds with an ecstatic beat.
      "Leggo YB! The one and only G to the D!" 
Wait a second... This song...this voice.
     I knew it. It was Forever Young. Another voice popped in and started to sing with his unique voice. 
Tons of people crowded over to the stage and began to dance to the song. I piped my head up to see who it was... And sure enough it was Jiyong and Youngbae jumping around on that stage.
      I almost threw up everything I drank when I saw them up there. I felt nauseous and my body heated up. It was dark and the laser lights were practically blinding to my eyes.
      "Come on! Let's go!!" Junghwa playfully grabbed my good hand and led me towards the dance floor.
      "H-Huh? Wait!" I pulled back but he was already taking me closer.
As we got closer, the song blasted loudly into my ears. The beat heavily pulsated along to Youngbae's voice and the lights got even crazier.
      I blinked my eyes several times when I saw him. It felt...almost like a dream. The club felt dizzy and I felt unbelievably hot.
       Jiyong had on his favorite round dark sunglasses, the ones that I would always steal from him and try on. And then he would come chasing after me and eventually hug me tightly so that I couldn't escape ever from him, tickling me mercilessly and kissing me to block out my giggles. He looked amazing I had to admit. Wearing the unique fashion that only he could pull off, yep he still was G-Dragon. His black hair was perfectly tousled up with gel and and a deep furrow built up at his eyebrows as he delved himself into the song.
      Youngbae looked cute as usual. His crazy hair flowing freely as he danced to the song. He sang out his lines with passion, and moved his body smoothly to the upbeat song.
Jiyong's part came on and his voice swiftly rapped along the lyrics of the song. He started to come closer and closer to the front of the stage, where I was. His eyes seemed to gaze over the crowd until he froze dead straight in the middle of his part. There was an absence of his voice as he stopped rapping and emotionlessly looked at the crowd. Everything in the world, everyone around me, even Junghwa disappeared in to green lights as I saw what he was looking so intensely  at.
 He was looking...at me.
His mouth was slightly open as if in astonishment and his arm limply fell to his side as he dropped his mike. 
My breath stopped short and my heart let out a loud beep.