Chapter 2: On a roll

A Bang In The Heart

"Beeeep! beeeeep!" My alarm rang obnoxiously at exactly 7 am.
Thankfully, my job started at eight in the morning so I didn't have to wake up so early as I used to. I quickly got up and washed my face. I got dressed in a very formal yet cute black skirt and a white blouse. When I looked in the mirror, I saw the spitting image of my English teacher in my senior year. 
Ugh.. Did I look too formal? I posed several different ways to see if I could tone down the formal ness. 
"Wait a second. Who am I try to impress?? Remi it's just work." I said out loudly. But I ignored my voice and focused on getting ready.
I put my hair up and curled my bangs slightly, just enough to look a bit girly. After multiple smudge fights with my eyeliner, I managed to win and triumphantly looked at my flawless look in the mirror. I had always loved looking so perfect, well more so intimidating so that people wouldn't look down on me. But even as I looked over myself, I was nervous. Was I too overly dressed? But I was working for YG entertainment! I was supposed to be overdressed. I'm meeting celebrities!!
I put on my black heels and managed to get out of the house at 7:50 when I realized I made a big mistake. I can't walk in heels.
~~~~
The whole five minute walk turned into a 30 minute walk of terror as I stumbled and sweated and fought over my iPhone directions on how to get there. By the time I reached the building, I felt like a sweaty man with swollen feet. 
But the building took the breath out of me. It was very sophisticated and intimidating. When I walked up to the building entrance, I saw a couple of girls huddled together, waiting.. Waiting for something. 
Then, as if I wasn't anxious already, "AHHHH!!!!!" The girls shrieked horrendously.
I jumped nearly 5 feet at the sound and fell in a painfully slow motion. The fear of falling had my hands grasping at something around me. Some kind of clothing...?

I grabbed at the fabric but I fell anyways straight into not something but someone.

The person had very strong and firm arms but I still had managed to pull him down. My sheer stockings had ripped and my ankle badly scarred and slightly bleeding. 
"Ouch..." The person said behind me. 
I leaped away from the person and stood up.
"I'm so sorry!!" I said multiple times with several bows. 
I helped pull him up "Are you okay?!" 
He had his face down as he tried to get up. He was wearing shorts and his legs were scarred even worse than mine.
The girl's shrieks got even louder "OPPA!!! AHHH!!!" And my head started spinning.
The person rubbed his hands together to brush away the gravel. 
"Y-yeah Im okay." He said with a nervous laugh. His laugh was very sweet and not at all filled with any bad intentions which made me feel worse.
He pulled his hood down and it revealed a somewhat familiar face. He had on a red SnapBack and black sunglasses. His hair was neatly tucked in but two little braids were hanging out. A short neglected fuzz of hair was above a friendly smile.
He shook his hands in the air and clenched his teeth, "Do you even work here?"
Ouch that looked painful. 
"Well yes! Uh starting today!" I said with perky voice as it it would help cover my embarrassment.
"Uhh well good luck to you" He said as he patted my back "...and umm see ya." He limped helplessly into the building as he sighed.
GREAT. My first day and I was on a roll, literally.
~~~~~~
My palms began to sweat and I started to panic because I was nearly 20 minutes late. I almost didn't notice the beautiful interior with bright LED lights flashing the music videos of yg artists on the elevator wall. As I stumbled across the hallway, I relentlessly blotted my scar with a tissue from my bag.
My aunt told me to come to the cafeteria on the first floor and she'll meet me there.

The cafeteria had a very friendly atmosphere to it despite the classy and sophisticated walls and tables. Two people who looked like dancers were eating and having a light conversation. The guy sitting alone saw me as I entered and stood up quickly.

"Ah Remi-shi?" He asked me in korean.
I did a quick bow with my head, "Yes, anyounghasayo*!" 
He gestured his hand at me to shake it and I gently shook his hand. 
"Ah anyounghasayo*! I'm Kang Huijoon. I work with your aunt." He smiled. Huijoon looked about twenty five years old and had a friendly look to him. His hair was short and he wore glasses that made him look sharp.
"I'm so sorry I'm late! It was really hard to find here so.." I said randomly touching my hair.
"-No it's fine. It's just your first day here. And anyway, they pushed the planning meeting back to 8:30 so you still have time. Let's go."  Huijoon picked up his things on the desk and gestured towards the elevator. 
We went up all the way to the fifth floor which were mostly the
management offices.
Aunt Leda was already in one of the big conference tables talking quietly with several other people. She smiled when she saw me and I gave a short nod to her.
The meeting went on for a painstakingly long hour and a half. All they talked about was where the places in America Bigbang would stop and what kind of interviews would be taking place. I sat there uncomfortably until one of the main management executives looked at me.
"Ah- Remi-shi? The English teacher?" He asked.
"Yes?" I said with a slight surprise to my voice
"You'll be working with the members directly until the tour. We'll give you the interview questions and anything else you need to go over with them."
I nodded as he spoke.
"They each need at least two hours of studying with you a week, and uhh maybe more as you see to it. Once you meet them, you can work out a schedule with them. Um actually..." He raised his eyebrows and looked over at Huijoon, "Is Jiyongshi here today?"
Huijoon nodded "Yes.. Youngbae is here too."
------------------------------------------------------------
*Anyounghasayo- Hello in Korean

--------------------------------------------------

The executive smiled "Okay good, you can work with them today. Glad to have you on our team."

"It's a pleasure of mine" I smiled back.
After the meeting I felt a small squeeze on my shoulders. I turned around and saw Aunt Leda grinning at me. 
"Thank you soo much" she said giving me a cup of coffee.
"No it's fine, I think I'll....enjoy it here." I said looking around.
"I'll help you get a more stable job later"
The phone on her desk rang loudly.
"But alright, I gotta go. Good luck" she gave me a quick kiss on my cheek and walked to her answer her call.
"Hey they're in the recording studio right now, wanna go with?" Huijoon asked behind me.
I spun around to see him, and the pain in my ankle started to spice up again.
"Ouuuuuchhh~" I whispered with my head down.
"-what?" Huijoon asked
I stood up straight and looked up at him, "I said, greeaaat. Uhh y-yeah, lets go!" 
We went down the elevator to the second floor and I half limped half walked as I followed Huijoon down a long beautiful hallway of flashing green LED lights that reminded me of the Matrix.
We reached a room and I could already hear the bass of the music beating rhythmically in tune. In the room, three guys were sitting down with headphones on. One guy wearing a purple cap and a white hoodie over it was on the keyboard pressing down notes with all ten of his fingers which sounded beautifully in tune with the music. Another guy was sitting comfortably in a black hoodie bobbing his head to the beat of the song. And the last guy. He wore a comfortable looking burgundy and black jacket with intricate designs all over it. But it wasn't his jacket that caught my attention. His hair was a very noticeable ash blonde with slightly faded blue tips at the end. Not only did he stand out but the way he looked so immersed in music was so intriguing. It looked as if he was in his own world. His fingers tapping to the beat and his closed eyes looked so deeply connected to what he was hearing. 

      The music itself was amazing in its own way. The song was in harmony with the voice accompanying it. The voice was so light yet so passionate and it seemed to have painted colors on to the blank canvas of that which were the melodic piano chords.
I stood frozen in awe that I didn't even realize that the music had already stopped.
"Oh anyoung* Huijoon-ah!" The man in the purple cap and hoodie said as he stopped playing.
"Anyounghasayo Teddy hyung*, oh Kush you're here today?" Huijoon said as he slapped Kush's hand and grabbed it.
"Yeeeahh, but I gotta leave soon" Kush said as he looked at his watch.
"Anyoung Jiyong-ah" Huijoon said to the blonde guy.
The blonde guy turned around in his chair and put down his headphones. His face was slim and his eyes looked tired but cold and chic. His lips formed into a wide smile. He combed through his messy hair with his fingers and rubbed his eyes.
"Ahhh hyung whazzup" Jiyong said as he put his hand up to slap Huijoon's
hand.
      Huijoon turned to me and to his surprise remembered that I was still there. 
"Oh yea jiyong-ah, you have someone you need to meet." Huijoon said stepping back towards me and lightly pushed me forward with his arm.
"This is Remi-shi and she's the substitute teacher for Mrs.Kim"  
Jiyong stood up abruptly and held out his hand as he bowed slightly with his head. 
"Anyounghasayo" He said politely in a soft voice with a cool grin. His voice sounded so familiar yet like heard it in my dreams or something. He was so different from what I expected. Jiyong was soft and calm and sophisticated looking while in his music videos, he looked crazy and passionate and powerful. But in both Gdragon and Kwon jiyong, he still had those eyes that made me wonder what went in his mind at that moment.
I unfroze from my awe and shook his warm but thin hand.
"Ah- Yes, anyounghasayo." I croaked out what my voice could offer at the moment.
"Ohh!! Enguhlish teachaa!!" Kush shouted out in a thick asian accent in English on purpose.
"Our Jiyongie gonna learn English really well now!!" Teddy said laughing loudly
"Ahh hyung!!" Jiyong yelled back with a gummy laugh, his fingers constantly messing with his hair. 
"Hyung you're here?" The door to the recording room opened wide and a man came out of the room. A man wearing a red SnapBack and a familiar friendly smile.
-----------------------
*hyung- used to describe older guy of a male.