Chapter 50

A Bang In The Heart

 

There was an empty feeling inside of me as heavy tears welled up behind my eyes. My hands were sweaty and my body felt numb with exhaustion. I slowly closed my eyes and clenched my teeth as I swallowed. I stared deeply into the tv as if I could somehow be able to see through the falsity of it.
         Nobody else in the room was talking except for the tv and the people in it. The two sat comfortably on a sofa seat, their hands locked tightly with each other as if it would take everything in the world for them to separate. 
Jiyong's eyes were so ice cold and chic as he stared into the camera. There was a small curl that edged at his thin lips, almost as if he were smirking. During the time I had been unconscious, he must have changed his hair because now it was a dark coal black, slickly put back out of his eyes, making him look sharp and vicious. 
          "Wuuahhh!! Everyone! Bigbang's G-Dragon is here with us today! Aaaaaand with a very special guest!" The interviewer lady shouted out into the camera with an enthusiastic look on her face.
           My face felt numb and emotionless, I couldn't believe that this...was actually happening. I felt so...out of it. Nothing made sense at the moment.
Jiyong and Miko looked at each other with loving eyes that secretly spoke to each other. The way he looked at her was exactly the same as the way...he looked at me on those nights we had spent together. Both longing and caring.
 
        "Annyeonghasayo, I'm Kwon Jiyong." Jiyong's voice was smooth and soft, it almost glided into my ear, triggering memories in my mind. He spoke politely and with ease.
        Jiyong kindly looked at Miko and she did a small bow towards the camera. "Annyeonghasayo, my name is Miko Kazuhara." Her voice was clear but her korean was slightly accented. She had an attractive voice and the way spoke was so friendly and full of kindness. 
         "Wuah, Jiyong-shi and Miko-shi, this is your first television appearance after you came out with your relationship, am I right?"
         "Ahh nae*...this would be our first." Jiyong nodded and smiled at the interviewer. Jiyong pulled a strand out of Miko's face and tucked it caringly behind her ear. The interviewer excitedly let out a wolffish sound as she jumped a bit in her chair.
         "I know this was a huge risk for both of you, and it has been thr hot issue for the past few days now. But the big question is..When...When exactly did you two start dating?" The interviewer pried. 
        Jiyong smiled as he his lips and then playfully handed over the microphone to Miko, "You can tell 'em." Jiyong said in English.
       Miko laughed as she took over the microphone and spoke fluently in English, "Actually, it started a few years back. We kept bumping into each other because of friends and he was in Japan. After a while, we would keep seeing each other after work..." The way she talked, her friendly smiles and movements, she seemed very down to earth. On top of that, she was gorgeous and classy.

 

       Jiyong tilted his head towards the microphone so that he could take over. He continued their story in Korean, "Just recently there was a photo shoot in Paris which we both took a part of-"
       "Ah, and that's when you knew that "Ah! This is love!"?" The interviewer interrupted and they all laughed. I wasn't laughing though. There was a painful squeeze that pulsated throughout my head, giving me constant reminders that this...was reality.
I felt my breath gone and my lungs were drowned with the tears being held back inside of me. 
        Jiyong laughed, giving me a heart wrenching chill in my body, and looked at Miko with his sparkling eyes. 
"She broke her hand during shooting and I went to the hospital with her to take care of her because she didn't know anyone else. And I think...I fell in love with the way she slept." The three laughed happily, like out of a story book. Miko had one hand in a small cast that I didn't see before, lying peacefully on Jiyong's lap.
        The interviewer then spoke in a low voice and leaned towards them, "This might be too much to ask for....How about we show how much in love you guys are in? How about...a kiss?" The interviewer asked excitedly.
         Jiyong gave Miko a slight pucker and Miko broke out into harmless laughter, which was harmful to me and my conscience. With more serious eyes, Jiyong looked longingly at Miko and he leaned closer...and closer...and-
         "That's enough." Youngbae quickly turned off the tv with a flip of a switch.
          My free hand grabbed tightly at my sheets as I shook my head in denial. My entire body began to tremble violently and my head was intensely hurting. 
       I clenched my teeth as my tears wrenched out of my heart. 
"N-No...he wouldn't...he couldn't do that." There was a fake smile that I put on my face as I denied it.
My head just kept shaking and my hand gripped the bed sheets even tighter.
       "Remi-ya..." Daesung softly whispered, his hands patting the bed gently.
       Then I lost it. The tears burst out of me and my body ached painfully. The bones that I fractured seemed to break apart into sharp little pieces, stabbing me fatally in the heart. Over and over. My b reathing collapsed into little gasps of air. I couldn't think of anything...All I thought of was the way their hands held so perfectly together and his keen eyes longingly looking at her...as if she was someone he loved!
       "No.. P-Please don't tell me that's true!! Not that! J-Just not that!" I shouted as my eyes lost sight from my blurred vision. My hands crumbled into my face as I sobbed,
No one moved an inch...except for Youngbae who quietly came closer to me and warmly gave me a small hug. 
         After a few minutes, I looked up and everyone was all staring depressingly at the floor. Trying to regain my right mind, I whispered into the deadly silent room.
        "Did you... know about this?" I asked.
    Top was the first to say anything. His voice deep and soft, it smoothed my mind a bit. "...No. We just heard about it...five days ago. From the news."
    "Jiyong-ie hyung didn't tell us anything...he just dropped the bomb on us and we lost 100,000 fans from our fan cafe." Daesung spoke with a feathering voice, at the end of his sentence, there was a short lived sigh that escaped from his mouth.
         Youngbae let go of me and touched the back of his neck. "It's just...been pretty crazy lately. We have no idea what's going to happen." 
        "Sajangnim called and said that the Forever Young tour is gonna be pushed back three months. None of us....talked with Jiyong yet." Top said as he shook his head.
         Youngbae gave a slightly wary look and looked down.
         "W-Why...? But why would he do this??" I whimpered as I bit my lip.
But no one replied.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
         I ate but didn't know what I was eating. I slept but didn't remember what dreams I had. I saw but didn't know what I was seeing. I breathed but didn't know if I was living.
Anything related to happiness was out of me bone dry, leaving me with festering hate and emptiness. The hospital was a dull black and white. Children's laughter sounded like mockery to me, the beeps were deafening, now even blinding, and the light left me bitter because it showed the whole world of my loneliness.
 

 

My phone was always charged, thanks to Sua, but no calls were made or recieved. No texts, no nothing. It just sat there as if it forgot it's own melody of the ringtone.
One good thing...was that luckily, my bones weren't completely broken but fractured to an extent where only time could heal it. After two weeks, I could walk again but my left arm had to be in a cast for a few more weeks.
       To my surprise, the hospital bills had been all completely paid for...by four anonymous donors. 
       The day that I could get out of the hospital, Sua picked me up and intended on taking the day off work for me but I refused.
       "Are you you gonna be okay?" Sua worriedly looked at me.
       I nodded and closed my eyes, "Yeah. I'll be fine." 
       "Stay in the house and call me if anything happens. Okay?? I swear, one step out of the house and you're dead!...I'll bring home some dinner, so don't cook either." She pointed a finger at me.
       I gave a weak tightened smile, more like forcibly tugging at the corner of my lips and sighed. "Bye Sua...and thanks" 
And she left. I was dropped off in front of that gloomy looking duplex that I lived in, just five measly minutes from the YG building. 
Life was supposed to be back to normal now. I start work tomorrow, I live like nothing happened... Like I didn't have anyone.
       With strengthless steps, I dragged myself up to my front door. Lifelessly, I lifted my limp head up to read the number on my door. 817. Like it always has been.
       Then I turned around. As soon as I read the numbers 818, the tears that I thought were long gone rushed back out again. I grabbed at my heart and my body sunk down at my knees. Weakly, I collapsed to the ground but kept my eyes focused on the numbers 818. Quiet little sobs came out of me as I tried to stifle them in. I probably looked ridiculous, pathetic and weak...but then again I was. 
        Stop it Remi...stop crying. 
But the tears flowed out of me endlessly.
"Why...? W-Why...?" I asked the door as my head shook miserably. I felt lost and cold in this world, all alone.
        As I looked down, I saw my hands. On my ring finger, there was a ring. A cheap fake metal ring filled with crystal memories and real love. But doubt filled my mind and I bit my lip hard as I thought of all the hate that had welled up inside of me. 
I can't believe I still had this stupid ing ring on. 
I violently ripped it of my finger and threw it far as I could, taking away all the memories that I had of Jiyong. The ring landed somewhere in the small untrimmed bushes in front of our house.
        I yelled loudly into the empty sky where I knew he was under, watching and listening. "Love is like an instinct? Well LOVE!!!"