Chapter 76

A Bang In The Heart

 

        *Jiyong's point of view*
            ~~~~~~~~~~
       H-How...could she? I really really loved her like no one else...but now she's just supposed to be some stranger now. 
       I my fingers into my hair and looked down at the cold black marble ground. I felt hopeless and empty...but most of all ruined.
How could she?
       I my lips and bit them because I felt tears jerk up out of me. The tears streamed down my face and I couldn't stop them.
      , I shed so many tears for this girl. I wiped my eyes viciously and closed my eyes. Emotionlessly, I leaned my head back against the wall.
Kwon Jiyong, why do you have to be so stupid with love? You fell for so many girls who in the end cheated on you. And even let them cheat on you.
      I scoffed. And I thought I was good at this .
      But Remi...I really loved her. I would have given the world to be with her. The way she always made me smile thinking about her and seeing her. She took away the stress in my life when I was with her, lying in bed with my arms around her. Her sweetness just numbing my brain into some sort of trance.
       Now...she was just another girl who left me for another guy.
My breathing was staggered and my heart was beating immensely fast. 
I felt as if I was going to die. I loved her just so much..
My fingers tightened into a fist but didn't make any move. Tears cleared out of my eyes and I felt a bright red of anger wash over me.
Remi...we're strangers now.
   
 *Remi's point of view*
       I stumbled out of the hallway, and once I was completely out of Jiyong's sight and reach, I bawled my eyes out. I didn't know I could cry so much in one day. The tears were relentless and unforgiving as they painfully gave me cuts in my face when they streaked down.
       I'm sorry oppa...I really am. You protected me before so now I want to protect you...    
        My body felt numb and my legs were like jelly. Being pregnant didn't help much either. I was beginning to feel sick again and my stomach felt nauseous. I wrapped my arms around my body and leaned myself against the wall. 
I just...have to go on now. It was over.
        I dragged myself to the elevator to leave but right at that moment, I felt a soft touch at my shoulder.
       When I turned around, I saw Youngbae looking at me with worried eyes. When he saw my distraught crying face, he pulled me into one of the studio rooms which was empty.
      His eyes were concerned and his fingers brushed the hair out of my eyes. "Remi, what's wrong? What happened??" He asked hurriedly.
      I bit my lip hard to stop myself from crying and closed my eyes because it was painful to see the world. But even with my eyes closed, I could see Jiyong's face...full of hatred and an empty void that was once filled with love.
       "I-I told him...oppa I told him!" I said. I was a nerve wreck. My body was shaking uncontrollably and my head was throbbing which seemed to blind my vision with every throb.
        "You told Jiyong? What did he say?" Youngbae frowned and held me still by grabbing my arms.
        "I told him....that it isn't his baby." My voice was raw and hoarse.
        Youngbae blinked several times and covered his eyes with his hand. "R-Remi, why? Why would you-"
       "I don't want to ruin his life! He was going to throw away everything for just me! And the baby, he would probably give up his life for the baby! I couldn't let him do that!" I yelled in a fit as I sobbed.
       He grabbed my shoulders to calm me down. "Remi, I can't let you do this. I'm gonna go tell him." 
       Then I freaked. Something inside of me went almost wild. "NOO!!! Y-You can't! Oppa please!" I went down on my knees and placed my hand on my forehead. My emotions were going crazy, and even worse because I was pregnant. "J-Just please keep this a secret!"
       Youngbae groaned and his eyes saddened. "Remi, don't do this to me...not this." He crouched down and touched my hair. 
       I shook my head and spoke through my clenched teeth. "Please....one last thing before I leave. Just one last promise oppa." 
       Youngbae looked down and sighed deeply. After a brief pause, Youngbae hugged me tightly and then kissed my head. "Okay." He whispered. 
       I knew it was a crazy thing to ask of him. To make him keep a secret from his best friend and to lie to him. 
      "I...I won't tell him." Youngbae gave me a weak smile.

 

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*3 weeks later*
         I placed the last stack of clothes into my suitcase and then closed it with a secure snap. 
Ughh...again with the bloating. I've been getting bloated so much that I felt my clothes getting smaller...or I was getting bigger. I was only 10 weeks in but it was strange how fast I felt myself change.
        Sighing, I took the last thing off of my bed. The sticker pictures of Jiyong and me. A small pitiful smile formed at my lips but quickly vanished when I felt tears come up. He didn't call me or text me at all but I wasn't expecting him to.
Why was I so emotional these days? I felt ridiculous mood swings and my body just couldn't keep up with them. Nonetheless the enormous headaches that seemed to kill me. 
         I grabbed the tickets off the kitchen table, the ones I finally got at a low price. Thank god holiday season was over, the tickets had dropped prices, enough for me to afford them.
I checked my phone and saw that Youngbae had texted me.
       
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Ah Remi-ya! You came!" Youngbae said with a wide smile on his face. Wow..I was really going to miss that smile. But even more, I was going to miss Jiyong.
         I nodded, "Yep".
           "You look good" Youngbae said, examining my body but then shrugged. "But then again, you look good any day." 
        I calmly smiled and then leaned into give him a soft hug.
        "I just want to tell you...that I'll really miss you. And thank you for everything." I said to him.
        Youngbae smiled but his eyes were still sad. His signature red SnapBack covered his eyes a bit so I couldn't exactly tell what he was thinking. 
         "Ah that's right!" Youngbae reached into his pocket and pulled out a  rectangular shaped piece of paper. "This is a ticket for our concert next month. I realized it was going to be by the city you live in so I wanted you to come. It's actually our last concert of the tour in America. I managed to snatch a few before they all sold out." 
       I took the ticket from him. These tickets were faily close to the stage but not close enough where they Could reach out and see me.
       I smiled. "Thank you oppa. I'll go."
       "Did you want backstage ViP passes? I can give you those too."
       I shook my head. "I think...I'll be good without them."
       Youngbae looked around and whispered. "By the way..Jiyong. He's changed these days. He's gotten really cold and rarely talks to anyone. Remi...about my promise-"
      I shot him a scared look and Youngbae automatically retreated. "I'll try. I'll try not to say anything to him." 
      Youngbae took off his Red SnapBack and put in on my head. 

 

      It was a little big on me so it tilted down my face. 
       "I want to give this to you too. So you can remember me." Youngbae fixed the hat on me so that I could see him.
       I smiled with one corner of my lips, "Thanks"
He was giving me all these things and what did I leave him with? A promise that he was supposed to keep. Something that would tear his friendship apart. I was terrible.
       "I'm leaving in three days." I said putting the tickets on my purse.
       "So early. Did you want to say goodbye to the producers?" Youngbae pointed to the studio next to us. 
I shrugged. It would be polite to at least say bye to them. But what if Jiyong was in there?
        We went inside to find Teddy oppa and two other producers that weren't very familiar. Thankfully Jiyong wasn't there
       "Hyung, Remi's leaving for the states in three days." Youngbae said to Teddy.
       Teddy raised his eyebrows. "Really? Are you coming back?"
      I shook my head. "No I'm not sure. Annyeonghigaesayo*!"
      "Yeah it was nice working with you! Hope you have a safe trip!" Teddy waved his arms and smiled widely.
     Then behind me, I heard the door swing widely and cold air rushed in.
     "Ah Jiyong-ah! Remi says she's leaving in three days, wanna say something to her?"
      Jiyong walked past me and sat in his chair.
--------------
*annyeonghigaesayo- Good bye
----------
       His blond hair had now ice blue streaks that struck out at angles but it was slicked back cooly. I could only see his back side.
He...didn't even look at me and he walked right past me. My heart skipped a beat and I felt my breathing stop.
        "Hyung we should re download the track from the last album, there was a glitch or something in one part." Jiyong's voice glided like skates over ice. He was completely ignoring me.
        Teddy looked a little taken aback and looked at Jiyong and then me confusedly. 
        "Hey dude, aren't you going to say something to Remi?" Teddy lightly pushed Jiyong.
         Jiyong didn't respond but instead continued with his work.
         I gave everyone a bow and then faked a smile. "Goodbye everyone! Good...bye." 
         Now I was done. Things were over with.