Chapter 54

A Bang In The Heart

 

        "What the hell is wrong with you?" Sua asked me as she angrily flipped off her shoes and stormed into the house.
        I shook my head and bit my lip.
Sua I cannot take this right now. Don't even start it.
        "Remi! You fricken punched the poor guy and just left- You can't do that!" Sua attacked harshly with her words.
        I flung my arms into the air t the absurdity. "-and what?! Just let him drool all over me?! You know what? That's not the problem right now."
        Sua paused for a second to take my words in. "...what do you mean that's not the problem?"
       I sigh and blanked out. "I didn't punch him." I said with a softer voice. "...I didn't."
       Sua squinted her eyes in question and seemed to calm down a bit. "Then who-...wait...it wasn't him, was it?" 
Him? Yeah...it wasn't him. But it was someone else that I've been seeing. It wasn't G-Dragon. The only G-Dragon I knew now was that cruel lying idiot.
       I went into the bathroom to brush out my hair and get cleaned up for bed. Sua followed me in as she seemed to put the puzzle pieces together. "Remi-ya... I didn't know, I'm sorry-"
       "It's fine, don't worry about it. It's just...over now. I'm done." I firmly smiled into the mirror as I watched my reflection in the mirror.
Hell yeah, I'm done.
 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
      "Okay... So Chicago is the third most populated city in America" I spoke slowly in English so Youngbae could understand.
      Youngbae smiled excitedly and pointed at me, "Ah Chicago Bulls right??" He spoke in a smooth English with a little accent.
      "Yep! And uh, Chicago Blackhawks are really popular too!" I said as I motioned out a little hockey action.
      Youngbae laughed heartily at my fake swing and touched at his hat playfully.
      "Okay, well the rest of Chicago information, I typed up for you in..." I pulled out one of the folders from my stack of papers, "...here. And a few websites for you to check...I figured you would need to know the place pretty well. After all, the concert tour starts there." 
Youngbae nodded and looked thought the folder as he grinned. "Thanks." 
      Well, my time here was done. I stood up as I got ready to pick up my bags but then Youngbae began to kneel down.
      "Wait...I have something to ask you." Youngbae fidgeted his hand into his pocket as he looked up at me with kind eyes.
       Wait a second...why is he kneeling? And reaching into his pocket? Is he gonna...propose?
       I covered my mouth in surprise and I began to run through various scenarios in my mind. Wait, Youngbae you can't do this! Not yet!
       But instead of pulling something out of his pocket, Youngbae rolled up his pants to show his bare ankle at me. 
      It had this small scar that curved right above his ankle.
      "Do you remember this?? ...it was the first day I met you." Youngbae smiled.
 

 

     Oh my gosh. I totally remembered that day. When I had no clue who he was and I just jumped and fell down on him, scratching up his legs.
     I covered my mouth at the absurdity of my thought.
Remi you're so stupid. God, he wasn't gonna propose! What is wrong with you?! 
     "How is it that it's not going away?" Youngbae touched at the scar and then he looked up at me teasingly. "Remi, you've scarred me permanently." 
      I took in a gasp and smiled nervously. "Oppa I'm so sorry." I said cutely as if I could be forgiven. 
      Youngbae laughed and stood up to pat my shoulder, "See? Now you can't ever leave me. You'll always be there...on my ankle."
      I laughed along with him as he playfully pushed me out of the room that we were in.
Out in the hallway with the green lights and black tiles, we saw a few camera people scurrying around and setting up a few things.
      I turned to Youngbae in question. "What's going on?"
      Youngbae looked surprised as well but then nodded, "Ahh yeah, they're starting Bigbang Tv again today. It's for the behind the scenes DVD for the tour. Hmm completely forgot about that." 
      I nodded and Youngbae let go of my shoulders. "Wait Remi, weren't you going to give Jiyong a lesson today?"
     ...Jiyong? The name gave me a sudden chill throughout my entire body but I tried to make no emotion of it.
     
      I shook my head, "No...I wasn't thinking of it. He didn't give me a text." I said as casually as I could.
      "Actually, Jiyong is here but he's in the studio. If he's gonna take a lesson, they're probably gonna want to film it with you in it." Youngbae said with a soft concerned voice.
      "Wait but-"
      "I know. You should leave as quickly as you can." Youngbae pushed me lightly and winked.
      I smiled at his understanding move and waved bye to him.
      It wouldn't be good right? If I did the lesson with Jiyong and it was being filmed. Wait no. But I was still his English teacher, and he was still my "student" and I was planning to treat him that way. No mixed emotions and words, just a student and a teacher. But why does it feel like I'm scared to meet him now? 
      Lost in my thoughts, I walked aimlessly down the hallway until there was a sharp turn where I didn't know where I was going into...or who. 
      I crashed head on with someone who was also turning corners right at that moment and we both landed harshly on the floor. My bag with all my papers dropped and the papers flung out into the air, swiftly landing all over us. 
Ouuuuchhh. My arm. There was a striking pain that swiveled up my wrist and my mind went blank for a bit.
      Without looking up at the person I ran into, I got on my knees to pick up my papers. I felt so out of it and I couldn't bear to face the embarrassment.
      Knees and hands came down to pick up my papers to help and a warm feminine voice intruded in my ear. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" 
 
       I swallowed and looked up to see who was helping me. Somehow in my gut feeling, I knew who it was...and I was right.
       I opened my mouth but couldn't speak as I let out inaudible noises. 
       She was dressed chicly in a cute patterned blouse shirt and a flowly black skirt. Her signature short dark hair seemed to highlight her features more sharply and her full red lips accented out. There was a soft smile on her face that seemed angelic. She was way prettier and gorgeous in person.
       "I-I...um yeah. Thanks." I tried to smile as she handed me the stack of papers that she helped me gather.
       Miko saw me grimace as I shook away the pain in my cast and her eyes opened widely, "Oh did I run into that! Oh my gosh, I'm really sorry."  She took my papers from my arm as she genuinely looked at me with sorry eyes.
       She was...friendly? The way she talked and the realness in her eyes made me want to forget every bad thing I had about this girl. 
       I shook my head and got the papers back from her. "Ahh no! Um d-don't worry about it, it was my fault too. Thanks for helping." 
       Then all of sudden, Huijoon piped in behind us and took a deep breath. "Ahh Remi! There you are! Oh! And Miko-shi!" Huijoon smiled widely as he saw Miko.
       Miko laughed at his excited face and waved kindly.
       "Ah...oppa what's wrong?" I asked in Korean.
      Huijoon pointed at me, "You were going to give English lesson to Jiyong today right?" 
  
 I shook my head and hesitantly spoke aware of the fact that Miko was hearing this, "Ah actually no-"

 

     "Well you're not! Um the show producer for Bigbang tv thinks it would be more interesting if Miko-shi gave Jiyong the lesson." Huijoon beamed at Miko. 
     Miko looked confused so I translated for her into English. Miko nodded understandingly.
I felt this strange envy come up inside of me. She looked so darn beautiful and here I was standing like someone who didn't belong here.
     Huijoon led us towards the lounge area on the third floor where a two camera guys and a lady was standing around playing around with a few lenses.
     The door to the recording room swung opened and Jiyong swiftly walked out into the lounge. I felt a sudden jolt at my heart and I blinked away from him as if it would help me stop my heart from pounding. He looked so calm and serene, his eyes the usual cold grey color and face the same slim and chic. He was dressed casually in a faded red and navy plain shirt...which looked so strikingly familiar to me. My heart sank when I realized why it was so familiar. It was the same shirt he borrowed me on that one rainy night before he left for Japan. 
The night before...our first kiss.
      His eyes wandered around and I swear he saw me, our eyes locked for less than half a millisecond. I felt my fist tighten and I quickly looked away. Jiyong still looked calm, with no emotion mixed in and everything about him just looked so...normal. Like nothing at all happened.
He casually looked away as he saw Miko and then he smiled. A warm friendly smile that softened his eyes and melted his heart.
      Miko gave a little wave towards him and they both looked into each others eyes as if they were connecting.
      Huijoon broke off the moment and tapped at my shoulder.
    "Remi-ya, can you give Miko your lesson plans or whatever you were going to teach?" Huijoon asked.
     "S-Sure... Um so it's just basically the past participles I was going over and a few phrases." I pulled out the folder that had the things I taught Youngbae today. "...and just some information about Chicago which is where the concert tour will start." I felt watched and heard so I spoke cautiously.
      Miko smiled and took the folder my my hand, "Ah thanks, that'll be helpful. I only came here to bring something over but didn't know I was going to end up being an English teacher today." Miko laughed brightly.
     I glimpsed over at Jiyong who wasn't even looking towards my direction, he was talking with Huijoon about something and then gestured towards the couches.
     "How was the studio? Did you like it..." Their conversation drifted off as Huijoon came to talk to me. "Remi, you can stay and watch if you want."
    "Huh? Oh sorry..." I thought for a moment and then looked at the two who were happily talking with each other. Jiyong just looking at her, as if I didn't exist and the camera rolling and zooming in to their conversation.
 
   I looked back up at Huijoon and shook my head. "You know what? Actually I have to go somewhere. See you." I sighed as took one last look back at them. It sickened me. The way he pretended I wasn't even there. But I wanted it this way.