Chapter 24

A Bang In The Heart

 

      "...Yeah hyung, I'm ready. Just park right outside." 
My ears drew in the soft tired voice from a distance. My eyes slowly flickered open and I took in the soft blue light that flew in from the window.  My brain still felt fuzzy and my mouth tasted of the sweet sleep leftover from my slumber. The bed was warm but there was a distinct absence of his touch. 
      Jiyong in soft steps walked into the room as quietly as he could. He wore his blonde hair up in a slick mohawk and had on a black cardigan and ripped jeans. With my eyes half open, I lazily sat up as I rubbed my eyes. 
      "Are you...already leaving?" My voice sounded sweet and darling. Maybe because it was morning but I sounded different. I felt different.
       Jiyong put his phone in his pocket and walked towards me.
       "Yeah, I gotta catch the plane soon." 
  I moaned lightly in disappointment and looked down.
      "It's just a little while, don't worry." Jiyong picked up my limp hand and put something dense in it. He curled my fingers to close it and wrapped his hands around it. When he let go, I automatically curled it back open to see what was inside.
       It was his key and his MP3 player. I looked up at him and then back down at the contents.
      "I'll trust you to lock the door on your way out, or you can stay here till I'm back. And that..." Jiyong pointed at the MP3 player. "That... Is for you." His eyes were dead tired but they were lined with a hint of happiness.
       His music? His songs that nobody ever has heard before except for himself? 
     "And Remi-yah" 
     "Hmmm?" I looked up at him blindly, with my eyes still half open.
Jiyong caressed my cheek with his hand and using his finger, he tilted my face slightly up to his elevation. He leaned in and using his soft, delicate lips, he kissed me. I closed my eyes and accepted his kiss.
      He gracefully came in to kiss my upper lip and then tilted his face to lock our lips together like the final puzzle piece of an artwork. It wasn't a heavy kiss, in fact it was light and smooth. Every graceful move he made, our lips seemed to dance together in a slow song. His fingers continued to trace my jawline in rhythm to the kiss. My body and mind felt numb but every bit of my nerves were tingly and excited. I felt a small shiver trickle down my spine, like how a water drop travels slowly, erecting every nerve possible. My fingers curled and grasped the key and the MP3 player tightly. The kiss seemed to go on so long but I enjoyed every bit of it. It was as if all matter of time and space froze just so we could savor the moment. It was truly glorious and his lips tasted so sweet as if they were laced with candy. 
       When our lips parted, I could feel his breath tickling me closely and a small curl went up his lips. I wanted more, it was an addiction I was completely new to. Jiyong, using the same caressing fingers tilted my head down. I felt his lips kiss me once more, but this time on my forehead. It was a long kiss that I never wanted to end. 
He whispered in my ear in a sweet light voice, "I'll miss you." 
       He finally backed his face away and touched my hair gently. Giving me a wide gummy smile, he waved his hands brightly. 
 

 

I was still out of it when I nodded to him. I gave him one of my biggest smiles that I could and waved back. Before I knew it, the door closed shut and he was gone.
      He kissed me. I touched my lips carefully with my trembling fingers and blinked hard. Was this a dream? Kwon Jiyong k-kissed me? 
     "He kissed me!!" I shouted happily to myself and fell back down on my back, hugging the pillow beside me. 
     If he kissed me... That means! Does he love me? I couldn't contain my excitement. A smile appeared and it just wouldn't go away. I twisted in his blankets taking in every scent and warmth of him that he left behind for me.
 His embrace left me yearning for more and his kiss...oh my god, his kiss. Everytime I thought of it, my body shook in excitement and my brain went numb with happiness. I sighed deeply and took in all that I could. 
      Outside, I could hear the singsongy chirping of the birds and from the corner of my eye through the curtains, I might have sworn I saw a brilliant flash of a small rainbow reflecting from the sun and into the sky. 
    Oppa...I miss you already. How will I ever go through the next few days without you?