Chapter 27

A Bang In The Heart

 

   My mouth continuously opened and closed trying to make out some sort of sound but I couldn't. The line was still on I could hear the silence on the other other line.
      "Yeobohsayo" the girl spoke softly again. 
I swallowed hard and began to talk, "Annyoungha-"
      "Nani oeru no*?!! Sakura!" A loud high pitched voice in Japanese came in from the background and took over the silence.
      The other softer voiced girl yelled back in Japanese and the two started to verbally fight. I could only pick up a few of the things they were saying and I was pretty sure I heard, "G-duhragon sama".
     Um...wait a second. What the hell was going on?
"Dare...desu ka*?" I asked in the only Japanese that I knew.
     The verbal abuse between the two paused for a moment and the high pitched lady spoke slowly in a heavily accented Korean, "Ano...na neun yo Misuko ibnida*"
      Okay then... Well who was this Misuko on the line??
      Not knowing how to respond, I continuously said "uhh" until they started to fight again over the phone.
Fine, what about English then? "Who is this?" I asked firmly in English.
     "Ano..." The fighting stopped and became silent again, "Bigbang of G deuragon?" 
     I put my palm on my forehead and sighed. What the heck was going on?! Then the line dropped and I was left there sitting on the bathroom floor with a deafening red lined beep in my ear. 
-------------------
*nani oeru no?- (Japanese) What are you doing?
*Dare desu ka- (Japanese) who is this?
*Na neun yo Misuko ibnida- (how Japanese people speak when they try to speak korean, (no offense to any Japanese people)) means "I am Misuko".
------------
 
 
I was now more confused than I had ever been. All I wanted was to talk with Jiyong and now I couldn't even do that. I leaned back on the bathroom wall and stared deeply at the building, hoping that somehow the next two days would go by quickly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
       I woke up to the sound of my text message alert. It was from Youngbae oppa or as he put into my phone "Teydaddy". His text had a happy tone to it and it was written in English, "We're back baby!! In Korea! See you tonight at YG! ^^"
       I smiled almost too widely and lazily got off bed. Jiyong had texted me about two weeks ago that they had to redo one of the songs when they came back and he asked me for help. And of course, I accepted his request out of happiness. But now I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do it or not. How would I face him after these two weeks of confusion? I had no idea what to say or if I should even ask him about the Miko girl. And why didn't he even answer his phone??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Remi-ya!!" Youngbae said brightly as I walked out of the elevator into the media floor. He looked unusually renewed and happy. His hair was held up in a tall mohawk and large framed sunglasses covered his eyes. He was blinged out with chrome hearts jewelry and had on expensive looking black sleek sneakers. 
       My mouth opened widely in a large grin and quickly went up to him. I never realized how much I missed seeing Youngbae. His smile raised my mood up instantly.
Without any hesitation, he pulled me in to hug me tightly, in a friendly way. In his embrace, I felt warm and loved, but I was still missing something.

 

 

   When he let go, he pat my head playfully. Youngbae seemed to be in a really good mood, his smile never went away even for one second.
  "Ah it feels like it's been a really long time" Youngbae said casually.
     I raised my eyebrows and shook my head, "You have no idea."
"Here, I have something for you" Youngbae reached into his pocket and took out a small wooden figure. "It's a kokeshi doll, I got it custom made" 
       I gently took it from his hands and examined it closely. It fit right in my palm and was very light. The doll was extremely cute, the colors vibrant and lively were painted delicately in designs on the kimono she was wearing. The bangs and hair was a dark brown and the eyes were lines but something me familiar. The doll looked kind of like...me.
       I smiled and laughed as I held her up to my face, "She looks like me."
       Youngbae shyly looked down and smiled as he bit his lips, "Ah, does it? That's weird." He took his sunglasses off and I could finally see his sweet smiling eyes.
       I laughed and held the doll close up to my chest, "Ahh oppa, you really didn't have to. But thank you!" 
       "I wanted to...you know, give something to someone at least." Youngbae awkwardly looked up at me with his cheeks flushed.
I nodded and looked around. But where was Jiyong?
        "Where is Jiyong-ie oppa?" I asked nonchalantly.
"Ah Jiyong-ie went to talk with sajangnim just a few minutes ago, he should be coming down soon." 
 
Speaking of the devil.... I heard echoed voices coming from down the hallway from the management offices. A constrained wheezy voice and footsteps came nearer. When I turned my head, I saw Yg and Jiyong walking together and talking seriously about something.
        As they came closer, I could hear their conversation "...I don't think the time works out like that in the end because we have to think of the fall back of when the sales records start..." Yg explained closely to Jiyong.
        When his eyes and my eyes locked, I felt as if my heart stopped and so did the world around me. There was this light pressure that suddenly pressed on hard at my chest and my throat ran desert dry. Jiyong's hair was still blonde and his black roots were growing out adding dimension to his locks. His grayish eyes looked tired but still miraculously handsome. There was a barely noticable short mustache growing in above his lips. He wore all leather black from top to bottom with hints of heavy jewelry on his hands which were wrapped around a bottle of mineral water.   
        Instead of saying "hi" or waving or even at least smiling, Jiyong kept a cold straight face and continued to listen to Yg. 
        His chill emotionless face looked at me and his eyes seemed to dilate. At least say "Hi" or "I can explain" please... Just say something or- or anything god damn it!!
But my thoughts were ignored and they walked on by towards the elevator and disappeared. My breathing staggered a bit and I felt my eyes getting watery. Something came up hard at my throat but I swallowed it down. I wanted to hug him yet yell at him and I wanted to kiss him yet hit him....but he didn't even move a muscle when he saw me.

 

"Maybe...they didn't see us" Youngbae said assuringly
I nodded and pulled my shaking fingers into tight fists.
      "Come on, let's go to the recording room, Jiyong will probably meet us there" 
      "Actually, I-I need to go to the bathroom. You go ahead." I hesitantly looked down and away from Youngbae's eyes.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     I the faucet in the cold empty bathroom and let the water run to cover up the miserable silence. Spreading my fingers out, I fanned myself and took a deep breath.
I didn't want to go into the recording room, I just couldn't. I felt like throwing up yet I felt so empty inside. My shaking body made me cold yet burning hot. 
Even my reflection looked miserable to me. My eyes looked tired and my hair was ugly. Why did I even come here?
     After swaying back and forth nauseously in the bathroom, I built up the courage to walk out of the bathroom. I was going to tell them that I didn't feel good, and if I was lucky, maybe he wouldn't be there.
     I took a step out of the bathroom but all of sudden, I felt dark covered arms wrap me tightly but carefully from behind.
The warmth, the smell and the feeling was too overwhelming for me to come all at once. I recognized every sense of it too clearly. The tears behind my eyes gushed out in a gasp and my face twisted as I let all the emotions out. I clenched my teeth to stop myself from crying but they came out endlessly. I felt his hot short breath in my ear and his hair tickled my neck, giving me chills everywhere. .
      In heavy breaths, he trembled violently and I could feel his feelings straight from his heart to mine, directly touching me.
     "Remi-ya...M-Mianhae*"
     I bit my lip so hard, it bled.