Prologue: How it all began...

A Bang In The Heart

    I closed my passport containing my new passport picture as I tried to balance my cellphone between my ear and my shoulder. 
"So what do you think Remi? Do you think you can do it? It's just for a few months. During that time you can look for an apartment and a permanent job" My Aunt Leda pleaded over the phone.
"Wait wait wait I still don't get it. Where when what and uh.... Most importantly how?". I asked for confirmation to keep my already persuaded self to rest.
"It's for a music record company called YG entertainment, which is where I work at but for you, you'll be working with some special people. The english teacher for them is going through heart surgery recovery so they need a sub for a few months. But really think about how awesome this will be for you! You can know more about Korea while doing what you love! You're perfect for the job!" Aunt Leda's voice started to get desperate the more she spoke.
"But wait, Aunt Leda... I wanted to get settled a bit, then think about where I want to teach."
Aunt Leda took in a deep breath, "The thing is, for their American tour, we really need an English tutor who can speak both Korean and English fluently and I already said I knew someone who could do it. And that's you... They also requested its someone who isn't really a fan of them and that's also you...so heh what is up with that?"
I put my hand over my forehead and in a sharp breath. Wow? Wasn't this just a bit too soon? I just graduated from college with a degree in teaching and English so that I could become a teacher in South Korea but the only reason I even chose Korea is because Im half Korean and can speak almost fluently thanks to my proud Korean mom. But the thing is, I don't know crap about that foreign place. Even more, I don't know anything about this so called YG entertainment that Aunt Leda works for. She's supposed to be a director for foreign marketing or something. And no! Only thing I like about teaching is that I can teach children, not some adults who don't give a crap about learning. 
But at that point, something weird struck me and pushed back all my hesitation. Was it curiosity? Magic? I don't know, but clenching my teeth, I said, "Okay fine. I'll do it. When do I start?"