Chapter 40:

Are we really fated together?

 

Hyukjae is at his mom's cafe... Waiting for someone... Hyukjae look around and no one is here... Of course, since the cafe is closed... He wanted to make things clear with him.. Hyukjae heard a knock and turn... Kwangsoo stood behind the door... He got up and opened the door.... Kwangsoo smiled a little and followed him to their table... 
 
Kwangsoo: what do you want? 
Hyukjae: you kissed Sena, right? On that park? 
Kwangsoo: (nods) ya, we did kiss. 
Hyukjae: you know she did it to break up with me, right? 
Kwangsoo: yes...
 
Hyukjae looked kinda shocked... Kwangsoo pretty much guessed all the things, but now everything seems to fit perfectly... 
 
Hyukjae: Do you like her, as a man? 
Kwangsoo: yes...
Hyukjae: then, I will snatch away from you. I love her, and I don't want her to be hurt anymore. Like a man, I am going to go after her. 
 
Kwangsoo smiles at him... Yes, he is better for Sena... By the look of his eyes, he knew Hyukjae truly loved Sena.. And if that was what she chose, then I have  to give up.. 
 
Kwangsoo: I wanted to be her dad, her oppa, her man... But it seems like she found one.. I want you to be her appa, oppa and her man.. 
Hyukjae: chakama, I don't want that.. I don't want to be appa or her oppa... I just want to be her man... You can be appa and oppa... Don't abandon her again.. Be her second father... And also, thanks about what happened in the conference... If you didn't cover her, then she would have become a public joke...
Kwangsoo: You know everything? (shocked) 
Hyukjae: yeah.. I don't want her to get hurt again, or someone leave by her side... I know that you are one of the people Sena cherishes, so just be there, as a friend...
Kwangsoo: okay... If you want anything, just call me... I'll leave now..
Hyukjae: wait! 
Kwangsoo stop and looked at Hyukjae... Hyukjae bit his lip, sighed and looked at Kwangsoo with serious eyes.. 
Hyukjae: I have a favor to ask... 
 
------------------------------------------
 
Kim Hana was at her home when she heard the knock on her window. The place looked like crap in her eyes. The windows are dirty, and the walls are yellow. There is only one lightbulb hanging from the sealing. She signed, thinking that the topper of her university and the most renowned  scientist has to live her. But, she was alive... Yes, alive.... She never stepped outside unless needed... She looked at the window... The children are still throwing stones at her window.. She takes a quick peck and instantly regrets it... 
 
??: I know you are inside! I want to talk to you! 
 
Hana was shocked... She was searching for something when she heard the voice again..
 
??: if you aren't opening the door, I will break in! 
 
Hana was just paralyzed... With shaky breath, she was about to push the chair to block the door when the stranger intruded inside... Lee Kwang Soo.  
 
Hana: don't come near me! 
Kwangsoo: We need your help.. I, Sena, YG Tech., everyone... You can only help us! 
Hana: I won't! 
Kwangsoo: why? You know the reason why we bought Cushman Company. You tested the chip! You can help us! 
Hana: they called...(shaking) they said that they will kill me if I work with you! 
They... They...have my mother... 
 
Hana collapsed on the floor with tears... Kwangsoo had never seen a woman this vulnerable, and it gives him a urge to protect her... Unconsciously, he went near her and hugged her..
 
Kwangsoo: your mother is safe? 
Hana: huh? 
Kwangsoo: your mom escaped from the kidnappers.... She is in the hospital, recovering... She doesn't know who it was.. She told me you would be here... There is no need to be scared now... I am here... 
 
Hana looked up and their eyes met.. Their hearts started to beat faster... 
And love blossomed...