Don't Even

SHINee's Back and So Am I

"How'd you know?!?" I asked him, surprised. 

"I wasn't sure if you were pregnant or getting fat but you just confirmed my suspicions." He said, smirking.

"You are unbelievable! I can't believe for a second I thought you were actually cool." I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest. His smirk immediately fell.

"Oh god Sora I didn't mean it like that. It's just that you're showing a little." He told me, pointing at my stomach.

"I guess I'm starting to show a little aren't I?" I asked him quietly. He nodded.

"It's Jonghyun's right?"

"Yeah."

"I'm happy for you two. I know you'll be a great mom."

"Jinja?"

"Yeah. I'm here for you if you need anything." He told me.

"Thank you Kris." I told him. I stopped walking making him stop as well. When he looked back at me confused I wrapped my arms around him. "Thanks alot."

"I haven't really done anything."

"Yeah you have. You've made me realize a few things as well."

"Sora I know this is cliche. We haven't known each other for a long time yet I feel as if I've known you my whole life."

"Me too. I hope to become closer as time goes on." I told him. We started walking again but this time Kris had his arm around me. I didn't mind because I knew it was only a brotherly gesture.

"We're here." He told me quietly. I sighed knowing he'd be leaving and I was in for a lonely night. Jonghyun didn't come back until the deepest hours of the night or could spend the night at the studio again.

"Goodnight Wu Fan."

"Goodnight Kim Sora. Text me arasso."

"Arasso." With that he leaned down and kissed my forehead. I watched as his tall muscular figure retreated into the shadows of the night. I frowned as I realized I still had his jacket. 

"Kris!" I called but I got no response. Oh well I'd just have to give it to him some other time. I entered the building and went up to my floor. I was about to enter my place when I heard something. I had just passed Key and Mi Yun's apartment. I pressed my ear to the door and listened. Someone was crying. I knew Key was home because only Jjong and Onew had schedules and practice. It sounded like a male. I couldn't take it anymore. I rang the doorbell and waited. Mi Yun opened the door.

"Hey Sora. It's about time you got here. Get in there and smooth things out with Key. He's been losing it for the last 4 hours. I'm going to go get some groceries so you can talk." She told me quickly. She left as I entered. I closed the door behind me and entered quietly.

"Mi Yun, babe, come here!" I heard my brother whine.

"Is this what you've been up to for the past 4 hours?" I asked him. He was rolled up in a blanket surrounded by junk food and his eyes were red and puffy making it evident that he had been crying.

"Sora what are you doing here?!? Where's Mi Yun?!?" He asked shocked.

"I live next door bro. Chill Mi Yun just went to get some groceries so you and I could talk.Wtf happened to you? You look like you just got dumped."

"I've been a bad oppa."

"Yeah kind of."

"I'm sorry. I should've realized sooner that you're not always going to be my little Sora anymore. You're 23 and very capable of handling yourself. I'm sorry for not trusting and believing in you."

"It's hard for you and I understand that but you need to just trust me."

"And I do now."

"Thank you. I can't believe you were actually crying over this. Oh get up. You look like a heartbroken school girl." I joked. "You can't eat this junk Key. You're an idol. You need to take care of your body better." I told him. I grabbed one end of the blanket and unrolled him. I made him get up and clean the trash away from the living with me. "Boy I cannot believe you are going to be a father. You can barely clean up after yourself. How the are you going to raise a child?!"

"I can be mature when I want to be." He told me seriously.

"I'm very well aware of that Kibum." I told him coldly.

"Wae are you talking like that? Are you mad at me again?!" He asked me hysterically on the verge of tears.

"Oh yes you're very mature Key." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey I have my moments!" He whined. I just giggled and hugged my brother.

"Oppa I love you no matter how stupid you are." I told him.

"You just called me oppa even though we're the same age." He said, hugging me as well.

"Yeah well I'll call you oppa anyway."

"You called me stupid too."

Yeah I know." I told him, running away

"Why you little....." He said running after me. I was saved by Key's phone ringing. I snuck a glance at his caller ID. Mi Yun huh? She was probably calling to see what kind of toilet paper he wanted. My brother was very picky. I realized that probably wasn't the case as he put the call on speakerphone right away.

"What are guys doing? Please leave me alone! I'll give you my money just please leave me alone! I'm just an innocent girl getting some groceries from the corner shop." My mouth hung in shock as I realized what I was hearing. Mi Yun probably got cornered by some gangsters and dialed Key for help letting him know the situation she was in. She sneakily mentioned where she was though. 

"Shut up !" We heard someone shout accompanied by a sharp smack. Key immediately hung up and grabbed me. We slipped on our shoes and zipped out of the building at lightning speed not giving a about the rain soaking us in a matter of second. All that mattered now was Mi Yun as we sprinted to the little grocery store just around the corner. Just as I thought, in the alley behind the store was Mi Yun surrounded by a bunch of thugs. Key wasted no time in sprinting to her aid with me right at his heels.

"Leave her alone!" He yelled. The thugs turned around and snarled at us. They were only 4 of them and I knew I could take them down in the blink of an eye. That was changed when they all pulled out guns though. 

"Stay away and no one gets hurt buddy." One of them told Key.

"Yeah we just wanna have fun." Another one said.

"Don't even think about it." I hissed at them.

"I don't think you're in the position to talk right now." The one that was probably the leader told me. "Keep an eye on her." I heard him whisper to one of his goons.

"Get away from her now." Key tried again, taking a step closer.

"Don't come any closer or I'll blow your brains out." One of them warned.

"What do you want?" I asked them.

"Like I said, we just want a fun time." One said.

"Well you're not gonna find it here." I growled at them.

"Just leave her alone!" Key shouted again, taking another step forward. Big mistake. I heard a bang and saw the bullet coming at Key in slow motion. Before I knew it I had jumped in front of my brother at the last second. The last thing I remember was footsteps running away and blaring sirens getting closer but it all didn't matter for all I saw was red.