Mistake

SHINee's Back and So Am I

"What is it?" I asked her.

"You need to eat more if not the baby will be malnourished. Other than that all seems fine." She told me. I let out a sigh of relief. I had thought she was going to tell me the baby was gone. If that had been the outcome, Girls' Generation would have been minus one girl.

"Will do. I'll make sure she eats lots. Thanks doc!" Jonghyun told her. She bowed to us and left the room. Jonghyun and I exited as well. We made our way back home. "Sora?" Jonghyun said.

"Yeah."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah why?"

"You seem a little off."

"Really. I'm fine."

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

"Yeah I know."

"Well we need to stuff you up now."

"Yeah- wait no. Wait! Okay for the baby." I told him. I pointed at my stomach and pouted. "You're gonna make me fat." 

"Omo you're too cute." Jjong told me. He planted a kiss on my forehead before heading to the kitchen. I followed after him. "Whaddya wanna eat babe?" He asked me.

"Hmm....I'll eat anything you make." I told him. He smiled at me and got to work. A half hour later the table was filled with food.

"Jjong I'm not gonna eat it all!" I told him, pouting. He wrapped an arm around me. 

"Don't worry. I'll help you eat it." He told me. We slid into chairs and started working on the feast in front of us. When I was done I pushed my chair away from the table and dropped to the floor.

"Ugh I feel like a balloon!" I whined. Jonghyun lifted the tablecloth and peered at me.

"Do you want some ginger ale?" He asked me.

"It's okay I'll get it. You finish eating." I told him. I didn't want to interrupt him. I pulled myself off the floor and waddled to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and scanned it for the carbonated beverage. Once I spotted it I grabbed it and shut the fridge. I opened the cup cabinet only to realize something. I couldn't reach the cups. I climbed on the counter and was only a finger away. I swiped at it, trying to make it inch a little closer to the edge. My mistake, it came crashing down and shattered on the floor. I heard something crash in the dining room as well. A second later Jonghyun appeared at the doorway looked worried.

"Oh my god Sora! Are you okay?! Are you hurt anywhere?" He asked me. I tried to jumped own from the counter but Jonghyun stopped me. "Stay there. I'll get you." He made his way through the shards of glass to get to me. He put his arms around my waist. I wrapped my arms around him as well. He silently carried me out of the kitchen and to the living room. He set me down on one of the couches and stared at me. "Why didn't you just ask me to get it?"

"I didn't wanna bother you."

"You wouldn't have been bothering me."

"Mianhae."

"Don't be. It's alright. I'm just worried about you. I'll go clean it up."

"Mianhae.

"Stop saying sorry. It's not a big deal. Now just watch TV. I'll be done soon." With that he bent down and kissed my forehead. My heart fluttered as I watched him walk away. I snapped out of my daze and the TV. Ooh To The Beautiful You was on. I loved Minho's role on the show. I watched silently until I heard the water turn off in the kitchen.

"All done!" Jonghyun shouted, skipping towards me. He lifted me up  and set me in his lap, wrapping his arms around me. We calmly watched TV for a couple hours. Something was nagging at me though.

"Jonghyun do you think I'm a bad person?" I asked him quietly still staring at the TV.

"Not bad just troubled." He told me, eyes mindlessly staring at the TV as well. 

"How so?"

"You've been through so much hasn't it scarred you?"

"A little."

"So your troubled..."

"My past haunts me alot."

"You've never told me about your past."

"I've only told those I trust."

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes."

"Then tell me." He made eye contact with me for the first time during our conversation. I didn't know where to start. So I just started from the earliest things I could remember. Jonghyun listened, nodding his head every once in a while or offering a sympathetic look as well. I don't know how long I talked but when I was done night had fallen. I was also up to my chest in tears.

"Sora, jagiya." Jonghyun whispered, shedding tears as well. "I'm so sorry."

"Please don't pity me. Stop crying. I hate it when people feel sorry for me.........and Kibum." I told him, roughly swiping my tears away.

"But....it's just......so much." 

"It all feels like centuries ago. I stopped feeling anything. Nothing mattered anymore......until Kibum found me again. I wish he hadn't."

"Then you wouldn't have met us."

"True but also none of you would have ever gotten hurt. None of you would've ever been in danger. NONE OF YOU WOULD HAVE EVER ALMOST DIED! IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!" I shouted. At that moment I let out everything I had been holding in for the past 20 years of my life. All Jonghyun could do was rub my back and watch me as I crumbled in pain. Finally something inside me snapped. I immediately stopped crying. I just sat there like a stone statue as everything flashed by me. When the crippling slideshow of my life ended I came to a conclusion.

"This needs to stop." I muttered.

"Huh?" Jonghyun asked.

"I can't believe I didn't realize this before. I'm such a child. I'm 23 years old and I'm such a child."

"So is Key."

"Key's an idol and so are the rest of you. You don't have to grow up yet. I on the other hand, do."

"If that's what you really want go for it jagiya."

"Thank you. I hope you know this doesn't mean I'll love you guys any less. I just have to be more mature about things."

"I understand and I respect you for everything you've gone through. I know you'll be a great mom."

"Jinja?"

"100%" He told me with a genuine smile. I didn't say anything as he turned off the TV, picked me up, carried me to our room, and put me down gently on our bed. That night we just stared into each other's eyes, searching through the other's soul.

~~~1 Week Later~~~                                                                                                                                                                                           "I got it sunbae-nim." I replied to my boss. I bowed an exited the room. I had recently taken a vacation so now I had to make up the work I had missed. My sunbae had called me to his office to brief me on my new projects and deadlines. I was a photographer for W Korea. I worked with the biggest idols of the hallyu wave. I had recently worked with my buddies Super Junior and MBLAQ. This week I was supposedly taking teaser photos of a new/old rookie group. I didn't know what that meant but I would be finding out soon.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I said as I blindly walked into my studio.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" I heard back. I went straight to my desk without looking at my guests. I chose a camera that I found would be suitable for today's task. I turned around and mentally face palmed. Now I know what sunbae meant by new/old rookie group. They were well known but for some reason still called rookies.

"So are you ready EXO?"