Can't Even

SHINee's Back and So Am I

Night had fallen and we had all taken our sleeping spots. Mi Yun slept on the couch. Minho and Onew were on the floor next to her. Taemin was perched in the windowsill and Jjong and I were cuddled in the corner by Key's bed. After what happened last time, he would not let me out of his sight.

I didn't even bother telling him that if something was out to get me, it wouldn't hesitate to hurt him because he wouldn't listen. So that's how I ended up pressed against his body with his arms suffocating me. It was uncomfortable but at least I was safe. For now that is. We all said our goodnights as a weird silence fell over the room.

I don't know how long I had been trying to fall asleep for but it wasn't working. Every time my eyes started closing I heard or saw something that made me snap them wide open again. To say I was paranoid was an understatement. I was losing my mind but I couldn't do anything about it. That was the worst part. I just inaudibly sighed and stared at my brother's sleeping face. I found it quite relaxing. Is this really the boy that can throw epic fits in an second and nag me about my poor fashion? He looked so harmless when he was asleep. Though in this case, he was unconscious.

"Can't sleep?" Jonghyun asked from behind me.

"Can't even shut my eyes." I told him.

"You know you could've gone home if you wanted to?" He asked me.

"I couldn't do that. I have to be here for him. He may be a sometimes, but he's my brother too." I said to him.

"I understand. Try to get some sleep. I'm right here." He told me. I took deep breathes as he snuggled his head into the crook of my neck, tossing my hair to one side. He fell back asleep pretty quickly. His breathing was quiet and smooth. I closed my eyes and concentrated on his even breathing. Before I knew it, I was finally whisked away to dreamland, surrounded my the scent and breathing of my boyfriend.

The next morning I was woken up by someone shouting. I pried my eyes open and looked around. All I saw was a defined chest. I looked up at my boyfriend's peaceful face and smiled. If it hadn't been for him I wouldn't have gotten a wink of sleep last night. I glared at the noisy maknae.

"What are you freaking out about so early in the morning?" I asked him, irritation evident on my face.

"Hyung woke up!" He told me. My head snapped to Key. I sprinted to his bedside and threw myself at him, being careful of course.

"Oppa you're alive!" I shouted, happy that my brother was at least alive.

"I'm too young and y to die." He told me smirking. I looked at him funny. The kid just woke up and he was already cracking jokes. Wow I'm amazed.

"What the happened?! I wanna know everything." I asked him. 

"I don't even know. One second I go to the bathroom and the lights go out. I remember someone saying something but I can't recall what it was." He told me.

"Was it a guy or a girl voice?" I asked him. I got a weird feeling in my stomach.

"It was definitely a girl." He told me, sure of himself. "I think it was a crazy fangirl that got in through the window." He speculated.

"That was not a fangirl bro." I told him. It's something not from this world oppa.