The guilt.

Love isn't cruel.

So Min sat on her edge of her bed. She felt pain, scared and angry. She was really confused why did someone suddenly attacked her. And maybe, this is why because her father hired guards to keep an eye on her. She realize that her father will knew this gonna be happening. Tears dropped down. She blame herself for making Hyun Joong like that. Got beaten up until unconcious. It must be pain isn't it? Slowly, she untie her hair and made her brown hair falls down and draped her face. She opened her shirt that was full of Hyun Joong's blood. Her and bra were exposed. She stood up and ped her pants. She opened the bathroom door. She twisted the shower and soon the water came out and poured onto her hair and body. She cried silently. She sat down on the floor and crippled her legs between and onto her chest.

"I'm sorry Hyun Joong."

While So Min was crippled on the floor alone crying, Kang Shin Woo arrived. She was totally shocked as his little brother's buddy was in a terrbile situations. Once she received a call from Mr. Jung, she drove her car to the big mansion. As soon as she arrived, she ran to the guest room.

"Is Hyun Joong okay?"

Mr. Kim who was still sitting beside his son, stood up as he heard someone came in and asked what's happening with the heavy breath. Mr. Kim didn't answer and he turned around. 

"Please, save my son."

Shin Woo stared at Mr. Kim's eyes. Quickly, she walked towards Hyun Joong and examined his breath. Still breathing. She took out a small torch light and pointed it to both of Hyun Joong's eyes. She opened his eyes and she can see that Hyun Joong try to avoid the lights. 

"Get me towels. Palli!"

Shin Woo ordered the maids to bring her some towels to washed off the blood. She opened his jacket and shirt. There were a big swollen under his chest. A big swollen. She pressed it carefully and Hyun Joong started to respond.

"Ahhh!"

"Don't move too much. It will get worst. Can you moved?"

Hyun Joong nodded painly. After a few minutes, the maid came with some towels and a basin of water. They helped Shin Woo to cleaned the blood. As soon as the cleaning, Shin Woo gave some injections of antibiotics so that he won't get worse. Shin Woo walked out from the room. Outside the room, there were Mr. Kim and Mr. Jung.

"Is my son alright? Nothing serious right? He's doing good right?"

"Mr. Kim, calm down. Everything is alright. He had some complications of his body to move. Don't worry, he'll be okay. Why not you bring him to the hospital? I can treat him further--"

"NO! He can't be brought to the hospital!"

Mr. Kim stiffed. 

"Well, okay. I'll come here to check him often."

"Thank you."

"It's my job. You can see him now."

Mr. Kim nodded and headed inside the room and followed by Mr. Jung. Mr. Kim sat beside his son. Hyun Jong was asleep as he got the injections. It must be pain. Mr. Jung patted on Mr. Kim's shoulder.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault anyway. If it is not because of Hyun Joong conditions like this, I would be hunting for him and kill him now."

"Tae Hyun.."

"I'm going home. I need to rest."

"You don't have to go home. You can stay here."

"No Jin Ho, I've to tell my wife and daughter."

Mr. Jung doesn't know how to continue his words. He patted on Mr. Kim's shoulders and formed a smile to make Mr. Kim better. But it doesn't work as Mr. Kim face just showed bitterly. Mr. Kim bowed to Mr. Jung and went out from the room. Mr. Jung stood there looking at Hyun Joong. He walked towards him and covered Hyun Joong with blankets till on top of his chest. And then he walked out from the room.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

So Min stood up and twisted the shower pipe. The water that were pouring on top of her head till toes had gone. She grabbed a her towel at the back of the door. She wiped away her tears and covered herself with the towels. She sat on her bed. The bruise that she got just awhile ago doens't effect her much. She took some of her time thinking of something and decide to see how's Hyun Joong been. She stood up and grabbed her clothes. She have no mood to pick which clothes that she wants to wear that night so she took a big sized of t-shirt and she wore a pink hotpants and grabbed her favourite purple hoodie. She let her wet hair dried by itself. After few seconds ready, she walked out from the room.

So min decide to take a look at Hyun Joong. As she was walking, she saw her father was walking out from the room. So Min stopped. Mr. Jung doesn't realize that So Min was there, so he just walked down the stairs. So Min glanced at her father and continued her walking to Hyun Joong's room. Once she open the door, she could smell the fragant of blood that mix with the fresh air heater. She closed the door behind. She looked and Hyun Joong and looked down again. She took a deep breath and approach to where Hyun Joong was lying down. 

"Hyun Joong-ah.."

Silence. Hyun Joong doesn't move if it could only a inch to show that he was okay. The room was kinda cold and it So Min a shiver but she resist it. She can't feel anything as all that she could feel right now is, guilt. She walked across the bed. She lift up the blankets that cover Hyun Joong and she lay down on it. She pushed herself near to Hyun Joong and put her head on the pillow that was placed beside his head. She turned to Hyun Joong and she could see the bruise and the swollen on his face. 

"...When the baby's in his deeply nap, all seem peaceful... Yet, noise seagulls make mother's heart anxiously... Not minding half empty basket, carrying it on her head... Mother ran to her baby, stepped on a hot sandy road..."

So Min sang A Child in The Island House lullaby. She doesn't know why but she seems like she wanna sing it for herself. It's her favorite lullaby since she was 5 years old till now. The lullaby used to be sung by her late mother when she's about to sleep. The soft voice that So Min let out make her sing like her mother. She cried. She turned around the bedside and her back was facing Hyun Joong. Before she doze off to sleep after crying, she hope that her mother know that she miss her so much. And she hope too that everything gonna be okay by the time she wake up tomorrow. 

The night was over when So Min heard a loud bang of glasses falls down on the floor early in the morning. She quickly wake up and found that Hyun Joong was lying down the floor while holding his head. Hyun Joon groaned.

"Ahh!"

So Min quickly get up and ran to Hyun Joong.

"You okay?"

"Do you see me like I am okay now? I'm in pain of course!"

So Min startled. He shouted at me? How dare this he is!

"Yahhh!"

So Min smacked on his shoulder and make him more groaning in pain.

"It hurts you stupid carzy old woman!"

"Like I care. Get up on yourself. I'm not gonna help you out. Pabo. And clean the glass by yourself."

So Min stood up and walked out from the room. She smaked the door closed. She went to her room and grabbed her pillow. She punch the pillow towards the bed.

"How dare he called me stupid. Yah, don't you know that I'm the one who's been helping you out? Crying all night because I'm afraid that you'll die? This can't be accepted!"

So Min threw the pillow. And then she saw something red on the sheet of the pillow. She stopped for awhile and thinking maybe that nothing happen. Then she head downstairs to have her breakfast. Her father was reading a newspaper while drinking his coffee. And then he fold the newspaper and put it on the table.

"You don't have class today?"

"No."

So Min took a bite on her toast. 

"Good. Afterwards, pack all your things and clothes."

She stopped eating and put the toast back on the plate. 

"Why? Are we going somewhere?"

"Not we. You and Hyun Joong."

"What!? Why!?"

"Eat your breakfast. Later, Mr. Kim will arrive and we both will bring you two out from this house."

So Min wants to continue her words but her father straight walked away from the table. She lost her appetite. Suddenly, Mr. Jung appeared once again. 

"Before you pack all your things, can you please bring Hyun Joong some breakfast? Thank you."

Mr. Jung walked away. So Min mouth almost opened but then it shut again when her maid point out a tray of food to her. She glanced at her maid. So Min took the tray forcely and step on the floor hard as she was walking to where Hyun Joong's room.