The operation.

Love isn't cruel.

Hyun Joong was cooking dinner for So Min. Chicken porridge. Even though he learned how to cook just in few weeks, he already know how to cook perfectly. Even not as good as So Min's cooking. He prepared the salad and the fruits if So Min doesn't want the porridge. At least she'll eat something. While he was tasting the soup, So Min called out his name.

"Hyun Joong?.."

So Min took the last step on the stairs. She had just taken her bath. The fragant of her lotion fills the whole house. She was wearing long sweat pants and a grey hoodie. Hyun Joong put the ladle down and grabbed a damp towel and course it in his both hands and turned around.

"Is that my hoodie?"

She smiled and sat on the kitchen dining table. 

"What's for dinner? I'm starving."

He grabbed a bowl and poured into it. He placed it infront of her.

"I made chicken porridge for you. It can digest well. Come, let's eat."

Hyun Joong gave her the spoon. He was waiting for So Min's comment about the taste.

"How is it?"

She lifted up her eyebrow. And then she looked at him.

"It's delicious."

She took another spoon. Hyun Joong kissed her cheek and went to grabbed a glass of water. So Min looked pale but she doesn't seem to bother it at all. He knew that So Min is sick. Very sick. 

"Aren't you eating?"

"I am. I just wanna see you eat first."

He put down the glass and went to the stove. He pick out a bowl and poured the porridge. He took a sit acrossed her. She was eating the porridge tastily. It was quiet then. Only the sound of spoon heard.

"When am I gonna take the surgery?"

He stopped eating. He looked at So Min.

"Well, Shin Woo noona said that as soon as possible. I want you to rest first, instead."

She sipped the water. 

"Tomorrow. Is it okay? Cause I can't bear this pain. It's covering me for almost two weeks."

He took her hands and brushed her hands with his tumb. 

"If that is what you want."

"But.. Before we go tomorrow, can we go to see my parents?"

"Yeah sure. Supposed we're going today right? I'll bring you there tomorrow."

She smiled. Both of them done with the dinner and Hyun Joong stood up to clean the dishes. So Min wants to give her help but Hyun Joong order her to sit down and rest. She pouted.

"Why don't you just let me help you? You've done alot today. Breakfast, laundry, groceries and dinner."

"You're not feeling so well princess. Just sit there, arasso?"

Hyun Joong took the last dishes and washed it. He turn off the tap and turned. He saw So Min was pouting while her arms across her chest.

"I hate when you treat me like this. I'm not that sick. I can still breath, talk, walk, laugh, eat, drink and do the chores."

He approached her and held her arms. So Min straightened her arms and looked away. Hyun Joong keeps on smiling trying to calm her down.

"I know you still can do that. Okay look. Just pretend that you're a princess and I am your servant. A princess shouldn't do chores right cause it might damaged her nails and foothold as a princess."

So Min sigh. She looked at him. 

"ARASSO, ARASSO."

Hyun Joong kissed her lips slightly and his back. He patted on his shoulders.

"Come, let this servant piggy-back you to the room."

She smiled brightly and piggy-back on him. Hyun Joong drew his path towards the room.

"You're not a servant. But you are my prince."

He giggled. So Min kissed his cheek. Soon, they arrived at the bedroom. Hyun Joong slowly landed her on the king-sized bed and tucked her with blankets. He the tv with a low volume.

"I'm going to take shower. Stay here. Okay?"

He smiled and started to take off his shirt. His abs were reavealed. He took off her trousers and the only left on his body was his boxers. 

"Hyun Joong!"

She shouted with her face covered by her hands. Hyun Joong laughed and turned around towards her.

"What? This isn't the first time you saw me like this. Remember when you shyly look at my abs for the first time? Hahaha"

"Urgh stop it Hyun Joong. Go take your shower!"

She threw a pillow to him. He catched the pillow and threw it back on the bed. He quickly went inside the bathroom. After hearing the shower room closed, she chukled.

"Pabo."

She smiled and watch the television. As the time goes by, Hyun Joong went out from the bathroom. So Min was looking at her phone. Hyun Joong grabbed his shirt and long pants.

"Oh no."

Hyun Joong turned around and wiped his hair. He sat down on the edge of the bed infront of So Min.

"What's wrong?"

So Min looked at him and sigh.

"I forgot that today is Jessica's birthday. I am such a cruel friend."

"Her birthday? Today?"

"Yup."

So Min pouted and starts to dialled her number. First attempt, Jessica didn't answer it.

"Ok she must be mad."

"Call her one more time."

She dialled once again. After a long ringing, Jessica picked up her phone. She was giggling happily on the line.

"Oh, So Min ah. What's up? Sorry I didn't hear you call just now. Hahahaha stop acting cute Hyun Woo!"

"You're with Hyun Woo?"

"Yeah. So, why did you call?"

So Min took a deep breath. 

"I know you're mad cause I didn't be with you or sending birthday wishes. I am so sorry. It's just that I'm not feeling well and.."

"Oh, me? Mad? Na ah. I'm not. Instead, I almost forgot today is my birthday. And I didn't expect you to remember. I am all okay. Hyun Woo is here, making my day."

So Min smiled. She put a speaker on her phone so that Hyun Joong could hear the conversation. 

"Jessica, happy birthday!"

"Oh, Hyun Joong ah! Thanks for the wishes. Hahahahaha Hyun Woo come here. Hyun Joong is on the line."

"Hyun Joong!"

"Ehey buddy. I'm pretty sure you're having a great time right now."

"Of course dude. She's non-stop laughing. I didn't know what to do!"

"Oh really? Arasso, arasso, I know you two wants to spend a lot of time. Jessica, I'll bring a present for you as soon as possible. Just wait okay?"

So Min giggled. 

"I'll be waiting. Love you guys! Muah. Bye!"

"Love you too. Bye."

So Min hung up. Hyun Joong stood up and hang the towel inside the wardrobe. When he returned, So Min's face looked like she was helding her pain.

"Are you okay? Want some water? Or a pain killer?"

"Pain killer would be okay. And water too."

"I'll be right back."

Hyun Joong went to the kitchen and grabbed all the things the she asked. He came back and gave the medicine to her. She tucked herself in.

"Come here."

So Min lead Hyun Joong to lay beside her. He tucked in the blankets and cuddled her. He bruised her arms up and down. So Min's head on her chest.

"Feeling better?"

She nodded.

"Hyun Joong.."

"Yes?"

"Do you remeber the time when my heart stopped beating after I drank the poison?"

"Very well. I couldn't stop crying."

"What if, the surgery fails?"

"What are you talking about? You'll be just fine. You promised to stay with me right?"

She took a deep breath.

"I saw your parents."

"My parents?"

"Yes. I saw them sitting on a bench in a big field. It was very beautiful. I thought it was you who was sitting there. I ran over and I was so relieve that we met each other in another life. But then, I was wrong. Your mom and dad hugged me. They were really glad to see their daughter-in-law."

"Really?"

He leaned wanted to see her face. 

"I asked them where are you. They said that you've already gone. I was crying on that moment. If not in there that I could see you, then where else? At the right moment, I saw the flash when we were in the warehouse. I see you died. I was screaming for help. Someone patted on my shoulder. And I... Came to life."

"Oh So Min.."

He hugged her tight and kissed her forehead. 

"We have not get into those life if my father wasn't greedy. I am so sorry for not saving your father life. I never thought that---"

"Shh. It's past. Everything is okay now. You're with me. To protect, love and be my husband for the rest of my life."

Hyun Joong cupped her face and started to kiss her lips. So Min opened so that he can stuck in his tounge  and taste her sweetness. He twist his head on the left slowly without breaking the kiss. She left out a soft moan pleasuring for the passionate kisses. He trail down his lips onto her neck and to her collarbone. He her and leave another love bite. So Min smacked his arm. She pulled away from the kiss.

"Another love bite. Hyun Joong you are such a ert. What if they sees this tomorrow?"

"It's okay Mrs Kim. You are my wife."

The shared the last kissed for the night and tucked in themselves. Hyun Joong put his hand across on her waist just like last night.

"I'm sorry."

The both of them looked at each other.

"Why?"

Hyun Joong was curious. 

"I know you would be thinking that we're gonna have a baby. I'm sorry for letting you down."

Hyun Joong chuckled.

"Why are you tittering?"

"No I'm not. It's okay princess. We have a plenty of time to make babies."

"Aishh.. ert."

She smacked his head slowly.

"Ouch!"

She stick out her tounge. Hyun Joong giggled and kiss her nose.

"Goodnight baby."

Hyun Joong said while bruising her arms.

"Goodnight."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"Good morning, father. Good morning mother."

So Min put a bouquet of flowers on her parents grave. Hyun Joong was standing beside her holding her hands.

"Say hello Hyun Joong."

"Hello father, mother."

So Min turned around towards Hyun Joong and he gave a what look to her. 

"Like usual."

Hyun Joon let go her hands and walked away from the grave. He knew that So Min always wanted a private time with her parents. He went to a shadow tree a lil' bit far from her. He crossed his arm around his chest.

"How you guys been doing? I miss you guys so much. Father.. Hyun Joong had took a good care of me. Just like what you promise. I didn't even know that I would be madly in love with him until last 8 months ago. Mother, sorry.. I'm not having a baby right now. Hyun Joong seems a little bit dissapointed when he knew that I wasn't pregnant. But I got sick, instead. He worried too much. And he said that we have a plenty of time to make babies as lot as we want."

She giggled. 

"Father, mother.. I'm having a surgery tonight. I don't know if it is serious or not. I just.. I don't know what I feel right now. I hope you guys were here. Until then. I'll make sure to make myself and Hyun Joong happy. I promised. Saranghae."

She wiped her tears and turned her head towards Hyun Joong. He walked to her and hald her tight.

"You okay?"

"Normal. Hahaha I'm okay. Come, let's go."

 

*SKIPPED TO WHERE SO MIN HAD THE SURGERY OPERATION*

 

"How is she?"

Hyun Joong was sitting across Doctor Shin Woo in the room. After 6 hours of the operation, So Min finished the surgery. It's 1 in the morning. So Min was resting in a private ward after struggling in the operation room.

"She's okay. Just in few month, she'll fully recover. It's 5050 serious. Her intestine got twisted between the digestive system. So that's why she can't digest well the food that she ate. That's the cause of vomitting and the bump on her belly."

Hyun Joong let out a relieve sigh.

"Thank you. Thank you very much."

"It's my duty. Beside, I knew her a long time ago. It's already past midnight. I think you should go home and take some rest."

She leaned back on her chair and smiled.

"I think I'm gonna stay with her tonight. Till then, thank you noona."

He stood up and shake with her hands. Then he bowed a little and went straight to the his wife's ward. She was breathing using the small oxygen on that was located trough her nose. She looked very tired. Her lips got dired up and her face looked pale. Maybe because she wasn't allowed to eat all day. If not, the operation wouldn't go easily. He walked up to her and put his hand on her forehead. 

"So Min ah, get well soon okay?"

He rubbed his fingers on her forehead. The oxygen metre sound fill the whole room. Then he received a text message.

"I'm gonna be there at 10 in the morning. I'll go to your house and bring some clothes for So Min and you. Is she okay?"

It was Mrs Kim. Hyun Joong started to reply it back.

"Thank you mum. Yes, she fine. But she's very tired. She haven't wake up after the operation. But the Shin Woo noona said that she'll be alright. You don't have to worry. Night mum."

Hyun Joong sent the text message and put it in his pocket. He walked across the bed to the couch. He sat there. He was sitting straight on her bed. He leaned back and starts to feel sleepy. He yawned for few times an dozed off to sleep. 

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

 

Poor So Min. But she is just fine after the surgery. What about Hyun Joong? Of course he loves her till his last breath. How is it girlfriends? I am so sorry if this chapter is so . Tried my best. Thank you to those who subscribed this story. And to those who gave me your feedback, thank you. Take care love! *ignore the spelling error hihihi*

mako336647: Chill down, haha. Yeah she is sick. But not that so serious. Thnk you for your feedback :)