Chapter 7

Love Will Find A Way

 

 

The next morning, at Seoul University

“Alright guys. Please submit your assignment, and put it on my desk”, Sooyoung said. All students took turns putting the assignments on Sooyoung’s desk.

“Okay, next week I’ll conduct a test, so don’t forget to study on chapter 6 until chapter 10. If you guys having any enquiries about the chapters, just come to my room for discussion, or e-mail me, okay?”, Sooyoung said.

“Okay, Mr. Choi”, the students replied.

“Alright, class dismissed”, he said. All students then gradually leave the class. Sooyoung packed his bag and carried a pile of student assignments in his arm. He didn’t notice that Krystal was still in the lecture room. When he was about to walk out of the room, Krystal walked towards him.

“M-Mr. Choi”, Krystal called him.

“Hey, Krys. You’re still here?”, Sooyoung asked.

“Hmm.. yeah. H-hmm.. Mr. Choi, a-are you free right now?”, she asked as she stuttered.

“Hmm... yeah. Why? You wanna discuss about the chapters?”, he asked her back.

“N-no. C-can I have a lunch with you?”, she shyly asked. Sooyoung scratched his head and glanced at his wristwatch.

“Come on, Soo. It’s just a lunch, what the heck!”

“Hmm.. yeah. Sure”, he smiled.

“Yesss!”

“Thank you Mr. Choi. Can we have lunch outside campus?”, she asked.

“Hmm.. okay. Shall we go now?”, Sooyoung said. Krystal nodded and both of them walked out of the room, heading to the car park.


At the car park

“Baby, is that Soo?”, Tiffany asked her fiance as they at the car park too. Taeyeon turned his head to the direction in which Tiffany said. He squinted his eyes to have a better look.

“Hmm.. yeah, it’s him. But, wait, he’s with a girl”, Taeyeon said.

“Really? Hmm.. who will that be?”, Tiffany asked as she too squinted her eyes. “Haishh.. I can’t see her face clearly”, Tiffany grunted. Krystal was back facing them.

“It’s okay babe. Let’s go. My parents are waiting”, Taeyeon said as he opened the car’s door for her fiance. They will have their lunch with Taeyeon’s parents at the Kim’s residence.


At the restaurant with SooKrys

“Wow, are we going to have our lunch here?”, Sooyoung asked while his eyes wandering around, looking at the restaurant’s interior. Krystal had suggested to have their lunch at the fancy restaurant.

“Yes, Mr. Choi. Me and my family often came here. We’re their regular customers”, Krystal said.

“I see”, Sooyoung nodded his head, impressed with the younger Jung’s explanation.

“Welcome Ms. Jung. Usual table?”, the waiter asked.

“Yes, please”, Krystal said. The waiter then lead them to their table.

“Have a seat, Ms., Sir”, the waiter said.

“Thanks”, both of them thanked the waiter in unison. The waiter then placed the menu on the table.

“Hmm.. what are we going to have here?”, Sooyoung mumbled while scanning through the menu.

“Just order whatever you wanna eat, Mr. Choi”, Krystal said as she smiled.

“Okay, I want this, this, this and this”, he said to the waiter as he pointed the menu. Krystal’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Wow... I never knew he’s a shikshin. Interesting!”, she thought as she giggled softly. Sooyoung noticed that Krystal was giggling. He just smiled.

“Sorry, it’s a family thing. I hope you don’t mind”, he said as he chuckled awkwardly.

“It’s okay, Mr. Choi. I really don’t mind about it”, Krystal smiled as she patted Sooyoung’s hand. It was caught Sooyoung off guard with her sudden action, but he tried to act calm.

“Y-yeah”, he stuttered. They’re silent for a few minutes before Krystal started to speak.

“Have you ever come to a place like this before, Mr. Choi?”, Krystal asked.

“Hmm... never. This is my first time”, Sooyoung replied. He’s lying actually. His late parents often brought him and his late sister to eat at fancy restaurants before he went to States. After he came back to Seoul, he tried to avoid from coming to a place like this as he didn’t want to reminisce the moment he had spent with his late family. He suddenly frowned.

“I-I’m sorry if you didn’t like this place”, Krystal suddenly said as she noticed his frowny face.

“Hey, don’t be, Krys. I don’t mind having lunch at place like this, really!”, Sooyoung assured her as he let out a small smile.

“I’m glad to know that”, Krystal smiled. A few minutes later, the waiter came with the food and drinks had been ordered earlier, and placed it on the table. After thanking the waiter, both of them started to eat their food while chatting on random things.

After having their lunch, Sooyoung drove Krystal back to the campus since she had another lecture session in the afternoon.

“Thanks so much for the lunch, Krys. I’ll treat you lunch next time”, Sooyoung said.

“Really? I’d love to, thanks!”, Krystal replied excitedly and she unconsciously kissed Sooyoung’s cheek. Sooyoung was so surprised.

“I-I’m sorry Mr. Choi. I didn’t mean it”, Krystal said nervously.

“I-It’s okay. I think I have to go now. I’ll see you later. Thank you once again for the lunch”, Sooyoung said as he only glanced at Krystal. He’s still surprised with her sudden action just now.

“O-okay, Mr. Choi. Thanks for sending me here. I’ll see you later”, Krystal replied as she immediately went out of the car. Sooyoung waved at her before he started to drive his car. Krystal waved at him back and immediately walked to the lecture hall.

“What has gotten into you, Krystal Jung!”

“Oh god.. that’s embarrassing!”, Krystal exclaimed as she facepalmed herself.

 

“Why she did that to me?”

“She’s acting weird today”, Sooyoung said as he caressed the spot where Krystal had kissed him earlier.


At lecture hall

“Hey, Krys. Where have you been? I didn’t see you at the cafe during lunch”, Amber asked as soon as Krystal sat beside him.

“I went out for lunch with someone”, Krystal replied lazily.

“Oh, with whom? Can I know?”, he eagerly asked. Krystal rolled her eyes as she felt annoyed when Amber bombarded her with questions.

“Gahhh! He’s so annoying!”

“A friend. Sorry, I need to concentrate on the lecture. So, will you excuse me?”, Krystal replied with a straight face as she took out her notebook from her bag.

“Hmm.. okay”, Amber muttered slowly.

“Why are you acting so cold to me, Krys?”


At Yuri’s cafe

“Soo, I need you to send this order to Nicole’s office”, Yoona shouted once she saw her favorite worker entered the kitchen.

“Errr.. hmm.. can you ask Wooyoung or Yonghwa to do that? I’m not feeling well, got stomach ache”, Sooyoung said as he hold his stomach and crumpled his face, pretending that he’s in pain. He’s actually tried to excuse himself as he didn't want to get bumped with Jessica again. Yoona suddenly chuckled.

“Really? Is it serious? Do you want me to send you to clinic, or hospital?”, she asked as she wanted to play along with his drama.

“Y-yah! I really mean it!”, Sooyoung shouted. Yoona covered , tried to hold her laugh.

“Don’t be a smart , Soo! You’re such a bad actor! I know you didn’t want to get bumped with Jessica again. Am I right?”, Yoona giggled. Sooyoung sighed as he walked toward his boss.

“Can you do me a favor this time, please?”, Sooyoung pleaded. Yoona scratched her chin. She knew that Sooyoung hates that girl so much.

“Alright, alright. I let you this time. But, there will be no more on next time, okay?”, Yoona said.

“Thank you boss, you’re the best!”, he grinned as he gave two thumbs up to his boss.

“Dork! Now, go and do your work!”, she playfully said with a straight voice.

“Aye, aye, captain!”, he saluted her and resume his work.


Later that night

“DING! DONG!”

“Hey Soo. Danny is still sleeping. He feel tired after playing with other kids”, Aunty Im informed as she opened the door.

“Jinja? He surely have lots of fun with his friends today, right?”, Sooyoung smiled. “Can I come in?”, he asked.

“Sure Soo, come in”, Aunty Im said as he invited Sooyoung in. He followed her from behind to the bedroom. “I’ll put his bag pack at the living room”, she said.

“Thanks aunty”, Sooyoung thanked her and he slowly walked to the bed, and sat beside the sleeping little boy. He didn’t want to wake him up since he’s in a deep sleep. He slowly lifted his son and carried him in his arms. He then walked to the living room and took his son’s bag pack.

“Thanks aunty Im. I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night!”, Soo bid her goodbye and slowly walked out of Aunty Im’s apartment.

“You’re welcome, Soo. Good night!”, Aunty Im said as she waved at him.


At Sooyoung’s apartment.

After he entered his apartment, he slowly walked to his son’s bedroom and put the sleeping boy on his bed. Danny didn’t make any movement since he’s still sleeping.

“You must be so tired until you didn’t bother to wake up, huh?”, Sooyoung mumbled slowly while his son’s hair. “Alright, sleep well, little champ. Daddy love you so much”, Sooyoung said as he leaned closer to kiss his son’s cheek. He slowly got up from the bed and tiptoed out of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

=============================================================================

Hello chingus! For those who have read this chapter before, I re-upload the chapter since it's missing due to the server change. Thank you for reading and subscribing the story, and don't forget to drop your comment as well. Really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

 

Your humble author.