Chapter 56

Love Will Find A Way

 

** LOL! This pic is hillarious! ^^ **

 

 

 

 

“Mwoh?”, Jessica was shocked after hearing on what Siwon has said just now. She suddenly had mixed feelings. Sad, angry, frustration, those feelings suddenly came through her mind and heart at the moment. Hyorin immediately turned to look at Jessica. She noticed that Jessica seem aloof.

“Hmm.. that was a long time ago, oppa. I’ve already married and have a kid”, Hyorin said.

“Jinja? Oh, good to know that. Alright, shall we start the interview now?”, Siwon asked while looking at Jessica. Jessica didn’t realize that Siwon had called her name since she was still in her own world.

“Sica, shall we start now?”, Siwon asked her again. Jessica immediately turned to look at Siwon.

“Huh? D-dae, oppa. Hmm.. Hyo, can you please give me your file?”, Jessica said as she tried to look calm. Hyorin immediately took out the file from her bag, and handed it to Jessica. “Thanks”, Jessica thanked her without looking at her.

“Oppa, here’s the academic transcripts, certificates and recommendation letters from her previous employers. You can take a look at these first”, Jessica said as she handed the file to Siwon. Siwon took the file and immediately flipped through it pages by pages.

“Hmm.. interesting”, he mumbled, still flipping through the file. “Wow, you’ve been a trainee at Wall Street? Impressive!”, he said excitedly.

“Dae, oppa”, Hyorin replied with a smile. Siwon put the file on the table after he had done looking through it.

“Alright. Since you have an experience working in the marketing department before, so, I hope you can help Jessica by working together with her, because marketing department is the most crucial department in a company. Jessica has suggested that you could be her assistant manager. How about that? Is it okay with you?”, Siwon asked.

“I’m okay with it, oppa”, Hyorin replied.

“So, when can you start working here?”, Siwon asked.  

“Can I start on tomorrow?”, Hyorin replied. Siwon nodded his head.

“Yeah, sure. So, welcome to the Choi Industries, Hyorin. I hope that we can work together to increase the productivity of the company as well as to help Choi Industries to expand its business in the future”, Siwon said. He then immediately stood up from the couch.

“I’m sorry ladies, I need to excuse myself right now. I have a lunch appointment with our client this afternoon. So, I’ll see you tomorrow, Hyorin”, Siwon said as he extended his hand to shake hands with Hyorin. Hyorin immediately got up from the couch and shook hands with Siwon.

“Thank you, oppa”, Hyorin replied. Jessica got up from the couch and stood still beside Hyorin.

“You’re welcome. Oh yes, before I forgot, Sica, can you give a briefing to Hyorin about the tasks at the marketing department? And, one more thing, can you please ask Mr. Kang to prepare an office room for Hyorin? I hope it can be done by today”, Siwon said.

“Sure, oppa”, Jessica replied and nodded her head.

“Alright, ladies, I’ll see you on tomorrow”, Siwon said and slowly walked to the door.

“Thank you for your time, oppa”, Jessica thanked him. Both Jessica and Hyorin bowed to him. Siwon bowed in return and waved his hand at them before he walked out of the room. Jessica and Hyorin slowly left the room, headed to Jessica’s room.

As soon as both of them entered the room, Hyorin started to speak.

“Jessie, are you okay?”, Hyorin asked in concern. She was worried that Jessica felt distracted by her past relationship with Sooyoung.

“Hmm.. yeah, I’m okay, why?”, Jessica replied while walking towards the file cabinet and took some files from it. She then walked to the couch while carrying the files in her arms and immediately put them on the table. Hyorin just stood still beside the couch.

“Have a sit, Hyo”, Jessica said. Hyorin just complied, and she quickly sat on the couch. Jessica then started to brief Hyorin about the tasks at marketing department while looking through the files that were on the table one by one. Once a while Hyorin nodded her head, trying to absorb on what Jessica had briefed while jotting down some notes in her organizer. The briefing session took about 3 hours before it’s ended. They didn’t realize that it’s already a lunch time.

“Alright, I think we can stop here for today. I’ll brief you more about other works later. So, I’ll see you on tomorrow”, Jessica said calmly with a small smile carved in her lips. She tidied up the files that were scattered on the table.

“Ermm.. Jessie, do you need my help?”, Hyorin asked.

“No, it’s okay. You can go home now”, Jessica replied as she was still busy tidied up the files.

“Okay”, Hyorin said as she understood on Jessica’s gesture. She doesn’t want to ask further as she was afraid that it will worsen the situation. She then put her organizer back inside her work bag, and immediately stood up from the couch.

“So, I’ll see you on tomorrow. Thanks so much, Jessica. Goodbye!”, Hyorin said as she bid Jessica goodbye.

“Yeah, see ya!”, Jessica replied in short as she got up from the couch with the files in her arms. Hyorin then slowly walked to the door. She waved her hand at Jessica before she left the room. Jessica just smiled in return.

After Hyorin disappeared from her sight, she made her way to the file cabinet, and put back all the files that she had took earlier into it. She slowly went back to the couch, and slumped herself on it. She leaned her back on the couch with her one arm on her forehead. She kept thinking on what Siwon had said earlier about Hyorin and Sooyoung past relationship.

“I can’t believe you, Choi Sooyoung! How come you never told me that you’d dated Hyorin?”, she mumbled angrily. “Urghh.. Choi Sooyoung! You’re dead!”, she groaned while ruffling her hair. Suddenly her handphone rings.

“RING! RING! RING!”

She immediately got up from the couch, and walked towards her desk. She took her handphone that was on her desk. She looked at the phone screen, and she groaned again while looking at the caller ID. It’s a call from Sooyoung.

“Hello?”, she answered lazily.

“Helloooo mommmyyyyyyyy.... Danny shpeaking!”, Danny greeted her excitedly. Jessica giggled as she heard the cheerful voice of the little boy.

“Hello, sweetheart! Have you showered?”, she asked the little boy. “At least he can cheer up my day”, she thought.

“Yeshh.. Danny showered!”, again, he replied with his cheerful voice. “Mommy work?”, he asked cutely.

“Yes, baby. Mommy is working”, she replied while walking back to the couch and sat on it.

“Mommyyy.. daddy want to shpeak..”, Danny said. She then heard a rumbling sound through the line.

“Hi, babe! Sorry to disturb you. Danny wants to talk to you just now, so I passed the phone to him. Are you busy right now?”, Sooyoung asked.

“It’s okay. Hmm.. yeah”, Jessica replied lazily. She lied to him.

“Oh, really? Sorry again. I thought if you’re not busy this afternoon, maybe we can have a lunch together with Danny. But, since you’re busy, so I think maybe next time”, Sooyoung said.

“Hmm..”, Jessica replied in short as she wasn’t in the mood to have a conversation with Sooyoung. Sooyoung could sense that Jessica doesn’t sounded cheerful as usual. He decided to ask the latter.

“Babe, are you okay?”, he asked in concern.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Sorry, I need to get back to work. I’ll talk to you later”, Jessica lied again.

“Alright, just continue your work. Don’t forget to take your lunch, okay? Love you, bye!”, Sooyoung ended the conversation. Jessica just pressed the end button and threw her phone on the table. She sighed while leaning her back on the couch.

“Choi Sooyoung! You’re driving me crazy here!”, she mumbled.


Later that night

Jessica went home quite late on that night, around 10:00 p.m. She purposely went home late just to avoid from seeing Sooyoung, and to calm herself down as she was still mad with what had happened earlier. She called her baby sister, Krystal, and asked her to accompany her for shopping and to have dinner together after she had done with her work.

She slowly opened the door, and tiptoed inside the apartment. She found that the light at the living room was dimmed, and the atmosphere was so quiet.

“Maybe they’re already sleeping”, she mumbled. She walked towards the couch, and dumped her bag on the table. She slumped herself on the couch, and decided to rest her eyes for a while. Not long after, she slowly fell asleep.

“Babe, wake up, please”, she heard a voice calling her name softly. She slowly opened her eyes, and she saw Sooyoung was kneeling in front of her, caressing her cheek softly. She suddenly turned her body, facing the couch, giving her back on Sooyoung.

“Babe, I’m sorry to wake you up. I know you’re tired, but let’s sleep inside. It’s not comfortable to sleep here”, Sooyoung said softly while her back hair.

“I want to sleep here”, Jessica said weakly. Sooyoung let out a sigh. He knew that Jessica was mad at him after she found out about his past relationship with Hyorin. How did he know about it?

**Flasback**

Earlier that afternoon, at the kids playground

“Little champ, come on, catch this!”, Sooyoung screamed while kicking the ball towards Danny. They went to the kids playground after having lunch together at McDonalds.

“Otayyyy!”, Danny screamed excitedly while laughing and running to catch the ball. He’s having a fun so far playing soccer with his daddy.

“Baby, don’t go too far, otay?”, Sooyoung exclaimed to his little boy. Danny managed to catch the ball, and he tried to kick the ball back to Sooyoung, but the ball failed to reach to him. Sooyoung giggled while looking at his cute attempt kicking the ball several times. While watching his son’s playing, suddenly his phone rings.

“RING! RING! RING!”

Sooyoung took out his phone from his pants pocket, and he quickly looked at the phone screen. “Huh? Hyorin? Why is she calling me at this time?”, he mumbled. “Hello?”, he answered the call.

“Hi, Soo! Sorry to disturb you. Are you free to talk right now?”, Hyorin asked.

“It’s okay, Hyo. Yeah, I’m free right now. So, what’s up?”, he replied while eyeing his son playing the ball not too far from him.

“Hmm.. how am I going to tell you this?”, Hyorin said. Sooyoung felt weird when hearing on what she had said just now.

“What is it, Hyo? Is everything okay with you?”, Sooyoung asked in curious.

“I’m okay, Soo. It’s just.. Jessica...”, Hyorin was about to continue her words when suddenly Sooyoung cut her off.

“W-what happen to her? Is she okay?”, Sooyoung frantically asked.

“Soo, calm down, will you? There’s nothing happened with Jessica. It’s just.. she found out about our past relationship from Siwon oppa this morning, while I’m having a job interview with them”, Hyorin replied.

“Haishhh.. that hyung! I’m so gonna kill him!”, Sooyoung grunted.

“Soo, please. Whatever it is, please don’t do anything stupid, okay? Give her some time. She’s still shock. Please try to talk to her whenever she’s ready”, Hyorin pleaded.

“No wonder she’s acting cold to me when I called her earlier. Don’t worry, Hyo. I’ll deal with her later. Thanks for calling me”, Sooyoung replied.

“You’re welcome, Soo. Take care!”, Hyorin ended the conversation.

“Yeah, you too. Goodbye!”, Sooyoung ended the call.

“Oh god, please have a mercy on me!”, he said as he facepalmed himself.


**End of the flashback**

“Babe, please”, Sooyoung said as he stood up from kneeling. Jessica just ignored him. “Alright, you leave me with no choice”, he leaned forward and slid his hands under Jessica’s body, and carried his ice princess in his arms.

“Y-yah! What are you doing? Let me go! Let me go!”, Jessica exclaimed while struggling to release herself from Sooyoung’s arms. Sooyoung tighten his grip on Jessica’s body as he quickly walked to the room. He then laid Jessica carefully on the bed.

“Urghh!”, Jessica groaned as she got up and sat up straight on the bed while giving her icy glare at her fiance. Sooyoung just stood still beside the bed.

“Sica, please. Just save your anger towards me on tomorrow. Danny’s sleeping right now, and you’re tired. You need your rest”, Sooyoung said softly. He then slowly walked to the closet and took the extra pillow and blanket. He then slowly walked towards the door.

“Goodnight, Sica”, Sooyoung said before he made his way out of the room.

“Where do you think you’re going?”, Jessica suddenly speak.

“Huh?”, Sooyoung suddenly stopped walking, and turned his head to look Jessica.

“Just sleep here. I don’t want to look like a mean fiancee to you”, she said with a straight face.

“Oo-okay”, Sooyoung just complied, and he turned and walked slowly back to the closet. He put back the pillow and blanket, and immediately walked towards the bed. He lie down with his back facing Jessica. He felt that Jessica got up from the bed, and he heard the bathroom door was closed. He slowly dozed off to sleep as he too felt tired.

A few minutes later, Jessica had finished her shower. She then wore her pyjamas and slowly get into the bed. She lie down beside the sleeping Sooyoung, and slowly back hugging her fiance.

“I’ll deal with you on tomorrow, Choi Sooyoung!”, she mumbled slowly before she drifted off to sleep.

 

: )

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

=============================================================================

Hello chingus! Pheww.. finally I managed to finish this chapter by today. I've to retype it since I couldn't retreived my 'lost and gone' words file on yesterday. It's okay, I'm fine with it, although I felt a bit sad. Anyway, thank you so much for your support and patience. I'm so flattered! T.T

Hope you guys will like this update. Don't forget to drop your comment, and I'll see you again in the next chapter! Love you guyssss! :-*

Sincerely,

Your humble author.