Chapter 4

Love Will Find A Way

 

“Hey, I know you!”, the person shockingly said.

“Huh?”, Sooyoung was shocked.

“You’re Choi Sooyoung, right?”, the person asked.

“Yes, I’m. H-how did you know me?”, Sooyoung replied, still confused.

“We met at my twin brother’s birthday party on last year, remember?”, the person said. Sooyoung furrowed his brows, tried to recall that time.

“Oh, now I remember you. You’re Kim Taeyeon’s twin brother, right?”, Sooyoung asked.

“Yes. I’m Kim Hyoyeon”, Hyoyeon said as he extend his hand to shake hands with Sooyoung. Sooyoung shook hands with Hyoyeon.

“Hey, I often came here to do the delivery. How come I’d never seen you here before?”, Sooyoung asked.

“Oh, that’s because I rarely come out of my room. I was busy with my work here as a HR manager. Besides, our boss here is quite fussy when it comes on work, you know. She always wanted everything done perfectly. She’s the perfectionist”, Hyoyeon said as she whispered the last word to Sooyoung.

“Wow, she’s sure the workaholic one”, Sooyoung replied.

“She is”, Hyoyeon nodded in agreement. Suddenly the person they have talked about walked to their direction. “Hmm.. speaking of the devil, here she is”, Hyoyeon whispered.

“Hyo, let’s start the meeting right now”, Jessica said with a straight face while walking towards the meeting room. She just passing by without looking at them. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung bowed to her.

“Wow, she’s beautiful.. but.. what’s with that attitude? Hmm...”

“Alright, I need to go now. It’s nice to meet you again, Hyoyeon”, Sooyoung said as he shook hands with Hyoyeon.

“Yeah, nice to meet you again too, Soo. See you later!”, Hyoyeon replied as he bid goodbye to Sooyoung. Sooyoung waved at him and immediately walked out of the office. Without he realized, Jessica suddenly stopped in front of the meeting room’s door, and turned her head back, watching Sooyoung walked away from her office.

“I think I’ve seen him somewhere. He look so familiar. Hmm...”


Back to Yuri’s Cafe

“Hey, you’re back!”, Yoona said once he saw Sooyoung entered the kitchen. He put all the tools on the kitchen counter.

“Yeah. Nicole send her regards to all of you here”, Sooyoung said as he handed the money and receipt to Yoona.

“Oh, really? Thanks Soo”, Yoona replied after she received the money and receipt from Sooyoung.

“You know what, I met my friend’s twin brother who’s also working at Nicole’s office”, Sooyoung said.

“Really, what’s his name?”, Yoona asked while her hands busy preparing drinks for customers.

“Kim Hyoyeon. He’s working as a HR manager there”, Sooyoung replied, watching his boss preparing drinks.

“Oh, that’s Nicole’s boyfriend”, Yoona said while putting the drinks in tray and placed it at the ordering counter.

“Really? I never knew about that. What a small world!”, Sooyoung exclaimed excitedly. Yoona giggled. “And, coincidentally, I met their boss too”, Sooyoung said.

“Oh, that fierce woman? She’s Nicole’s cousin”, Yoona chuckled.

“Jinja? What a small world, again!”, Sooyoung laughed. “Wait, wait, how did you know she’s fierce? Did Nicole told you about her?”, Sooyoung asked.

“Yup, yup. Everyone in her office knew about her attitude. Fierce, fussy, arrogant, what else? I think all negative attitudes belongs to her”, Yoona said.

“Wow, I didn’t know about that. It’s hard to believe, you know. Nicole is totally opposite with her”, Sooyoung replied.

“Yeah, you should know by now. So, next time if you meet her again, you will not surprised”, Yoona chuckled.

“Hmm.. yeah. Alright, I need to continue my work. Talk to you later”, Sooyoung excused himself. Yoona just waved at him.


Later that night

“Guys, I’m leaving”, Sooyoung shouted from the store room. After done changing his shirt, he took his bagpack and walked out of the room. The others were already went back home since it’s already 10.30 p.m. Their shift ended at 10.00 p.m. Only Yuri, Yoona and Sooyoung are still at the cafe.

“Alright, I’ll see you on tomorrow Soo, thanks”, Yuri said as he patted his friend’s back.

“You’re welcome, boss. Good night, guys!”, he bid them goodbye while heading to the kitchen’s door. Both YoonYul waved their hands at Sooyoung.


At Sooyoung apartment building

Sooyoung arrived at his apartment building 30 minutes later. As soon as he parked his car at the basement parking, suddenly his phone rings. He looked at the phone screen, and sighed.

“Yoboseyo?”, he answered the call.

“Hello Soo. How are you doing?”, the caller greeted.

“I’m doing fine, thank you”, he replied.

“Hey, do you have a time on tomorrow morning? Maybe we can have breakfast together at the usual place. Bring Danny along. I missed him”, the caller said.

“Yeah, sure”, Sooyoung replied.

“Alright, I’ll see you and Danny on tomorrow. Good night, Soo!”, the caller ended the conversation.

“Good night!”, Sooyoung ended the call. He took his bagpack, went out of his car, and immediately walked to the elevator.

“DING!”, the sound signaled that the elevator has reached the right level. As soon its opened, Sooyoung immediately walked out of it, and heading towards the babysitter’s apartment.

“DING! DONG!”, he pressed the doorbell. A few seconds later the door swung opened.

“Daddyyyy!”, Danny excitedly greeted his father. He jumped up and down and spread his arms widely, wanting his father to carry him. Sooyoung immediately lifted his little boy and carried him in his arms.

“Hey little champ! Daddy missed you”, Sooyoung said as he kissed the little boy’s cheek. “Hmm.. you smells good. You already showered, huh?”, Sooyoung asked.

“Yesh, yesh. Danny showered!”, he replied as he nodded his head vigorously.

“Have you been good to your halmeoni today?”, Sooyoung asked him again.

“Yesh, yesh. Danny good!”, he nodded his head. Sooyoung just giggled on his cute action.

“Here’s his bagpack, Soo”, Aunty Im said as she handed the bagpack to Sooyoung.

“Thank you Aunty Im. I’ll see you tomorrow, Good night. Danny, say good night to halmeoni”, Sooyoung said.

“Good night amioni!”, he said excitedly. Aunty Im chuckled.

“Good night, Danny boy. Sleep well, okay?”, Aunty Im said as he patted the little boy’s cheek.

“Otay!”, he said while waving his hand at Aunty Im. Both of them slowly leaving Aunty Im’s apartment.


At Sooyoung’s apartment

“Here’s your milk, little champ”, Sooyoung handed the milk bottle to Danny. He tucked Danny into his bed since it’s already late at night. Danny took the bottle and slowly drink his milk. He slowly the little boy’s hair before he started to speak.

“Hey Danny, daddy want to take you out tomorrow . Do you like it?”, he asked. Danny just nodded his head, still enjoying his milk. “Are you excited?”, he asked the little boy again. Danny nodded his head again. “Alright, you need to sleep after finished your milk, okay?”, Again, Danny just nodded his head. Slowly, he drifted off to sleep. Sooyoung slowly took the bottle from his hands and put it at the side table. He kissed his son’s forehead and tiptoed out of the room.


After taking a shower and change his shirt, Sooyoung went to the kitchen and opened the fridge. He took a can of beer, and slowly walked to the balcony. He opened the can lid and took a sip of the drink. The call that he received tonight has somewhat disturbing his mind at the moment.


- Flashback -

“Soo, please, think about it once again. You can’t live like this forever. Danny should have a better life”, Siwon, his cousin appealed.

“Hyung, for the last time, please try to understand me. I just can’t!”, he exclaimed.

“You can ask our maids to babysit him. Please, come back to Choi Industries. They need you, Soo. I need you there”, Siwon tried his luck once again.

“Hyung, I respect you because you’re my cousin. I know you can do it without me. I just can’t. Working there is just like I’ll involved with the sorrows of their death forever. Just let me live with my own way. Danny needs my full attention, not from the maids. I’m his uncle for god sake!”, he firmly said.

Siwon just let out a soft sigh. Sooyoung would gave him the same excuses everytime he met his cousin. He gave up this time. But it doesn’t mean he feel defeated to persuade his cousin. He will try his best until Sooyoung agree next time.

- End of flashback -

“Arghhh... why don’t you just give up, hyung!”, he shouted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hello chingus! Annyeong! Sorry for the late update. I'm not trolling you guys, seriously. But there's still SooSica moment in this chapter, right? Anyways, thank you so much for subscribing and reading this fanfic. And, thank you so much for your comments. Really appreciate it. See you guys in the next chapter! :)

 

Sincerely,

 

Your humble author.