Chapter 39

Love Will Find A Way

 

**Lol! Sooyoung!**

 

 

 

“H-he’s my boyfriend”, Jessica replied nervously.

“He’s what?”, Siwon’s eyes widened as he was in surprise.

“Sooyoung.. h-he’s my boyfriend”, Jessica repeated her answer. Siwon suddenly laughed while looking at the nervous Jessica.

“It’s okay, Miss Jung. You don’t have to worry. I’m not going to cancel this interview just because you’re Sooyoung’s girlfriend. It’s just that, I was surprised to know about it”, Siwon said with a smile.

“Fuhh... what a relief!”, Jessica thought.  “Y-yeah”, she gave an awkward smile to Siwon.

“Alright, shall we start the interview right now?”, Siwon said while looking at Gyuri. She just nodded her head and was ready with the file in her hand.

“Okay, Miss Jung. Can you please tell me, why are you interested to join this company?”, Siwon started the interview.

“As I have mentioned in my resume, I am interested to join Choi Industries because I want to gain a better understanding and experience about business strategies. I did a comparison research of my own, and I found that Choi Industries has a unique and impressive business strategies, which is rarely found in any other companies in Seoul”, Jessica answered.

“Hmm.. interesting”, Siwon said while nodding his head. “Okay, if we refer to your working experience, you’ve been working at The Jungs, a well-known company with a position as a CEO. But, why are you quit? I mean, why are you leaving the company? That is your father’s, right?”, Siwon asked. Jessica lowered her head down, and slowly let out a soft sigh.

“Hmm.. Mr. Choi, can we not discuss about this during the interview? It’s too personal”, Jessica replied.

“Oh, okay. I’m sorry for asking you that. Let’s move to the next question...”, Siwon said. So, they continue the interview, which was lasted for half an hour.

“Alright, Miss Jung. I think that’s all for the interview. Is it possible if we ask you to start your work on tomorrow? Your position is quite crucial at the moment, because we need to expand our business to U.S., so we need someone to do the marketing analysis urgently”, Siwon said. Gyuri nodded her head in agreement. Jessica was surprised with the sudden offer.

“Ermm.. may I know, what happened to the previous marketing director?”, she asked curiously.

“Oh, she just sent us a 24 hour notice because she need to accompany her husband who had been transferred by his company to Europe.

“I see. Can you give me some time to think about it. I kinda need to discuss with my boyfriend”, Jessica shyly said ever since she knew that Siwon was Sooyoung’s cousin.

“Oh, sure Miss Jung. But, don’t take too long, please. So far you’re the perfect candidate for this position”, Siwon replied smilingly.

“Arasso, I’ll try my best. Thank you, Mr. Choi, Gyuri”, Jessica said as she stood up from the couch and bowed to them.

“Thank you for coming, Miss Jung”, Siwon replied as he shook her hand.

“Let me send you to the lobby”, Gyuri said as he walked out of the room with Jessica.

“What a small world, huh?”, Gyuri said with a smile as both of them were in the elevator.

“Yeah, I never knew that Sooyoung is the son of the owner of Choi Industries. I thought Siwon is the one”, Jessica replied.

“Well, you know, Siwon had to take over his position as a CEO since Sooyoung not interested to work here”, Gyuri said.

“Can I know why, Gyuri?”, Jessica asked.

“DING!”

The elevator then stopped, and they immediately walked out of it, and slowly heading to the main entrance. They stopped in front of the main entrance.

“I didn’t know exactly what had happened, but as what I heard from other staff, the reason why Sooyoung doesn’t want to work here because it will remind him about his late father, and the rest of his late family. Even Siwon never said anything about it. Maybe you could find it out yourself from Sooyoung”, Gyuri replied. Jessica slowly nodded her head.

“Thank you, Gyuri. I’ll give you a call later”, Jessica thanked her.

“You’re welcome, Jessica. And, thank you for coming here for the interview. I hope to see you again here soon”, Gyuri said as she shook her hand. Both of them waved at each other before headed to their respective destinations.


Meanwhile at  YoonYul’s Cafe

“What the.. why she didn’t reply my text?”, Sooyoung grunted. He’s now at the cafe store room as he just arrived there. He dumped his bag pack on the bench, and quickly change his shirt.

“Hey, what’s up Mr. Grumpy?”, Yuri suddenly appeared at the door. Sooyoung was shocked.

“Yah! Why are you always popped up here out of sudden?”, he snapped at Yuri annoyingly.

“Yah! I can popped up at anywhere I want. This is my cafe. MY cafe, though!”, Yuri snapped at him back.

“Haishh.. there’s no use arguing with you. Not worth my time”, he mumbled while glaring at his best friend.

“Huh? Who said I’m having an argument with you? You’re not worth my time either!”, Yuri said as he tried to tease the latter.

“Shut up, Yul! Just get out from here and do your work!”, Sooyoung exclaimed and throw his shirt to Yuri. Yuri successfully dodged the shirt, and he took it from the floor, and threw it back to Sooyoung.

“Yah! take back your smelly shirt!”, he exclaimed and smirked, and immediately walk away from the door.

“Nuts!”, he mumbled while buttoning his shirt. After done with his shirt, he took back his phone from his pants pocket, and peeked at the screen. “Jessica, what was happened with you? Why you didn’t reply my text?”, he mumbled while scratching his head. “Should I call her?”, he said while starting to scroll down his lover’s phone number. He was about to dial the number when suddenly Yuri called his name.

“Choi Sooyoung, come out here. I need your help!”, he shouted from outside.

“Haishh, this monkey! He never let me happy for a while!”, he grumbled. He put his phone on his bag pack, and immediately walked out of the store room.


At Seoul University, with Krystal and Sulli

“So, what happened between you and Amber on last night, huh?”, Sulli asked as she smirked. She moved her brows up and down.

“Yah! Why do you want to know?”, Krystal exclaimed. Her face were reddened. Sulli laughed. Both of them were still in the lecture room as their afternoon lecture has just ended a few minutes ago.

“Did you guys.. hmm.. you know..”, she said teasingly.

“You and your dirty thoughts, Choi Sulli! Sorry to disappoint you, it did not happen!”, Krystal replied annoyingly as she hit her arm. Sulli chuckled. While they were chatting with each other, suddenly Krystal’s phone rang.

“RING! RING! RING”

“Hello?”, she answered the call.

“Hey, baby. Ready to go out with me?”, the person asked.

“Unnieeee..! Wait, wait. Isn’t it too early to have our dinner together?”, Krystal replied while glancing at her wristwatch.

“Oh! I just had my job interview, and it end up early. So, I think maybe we could have a shopping together before dinner”, Jessica said.

“I like that! I didn’t bring my car today. So, can you please pick me up at the campus, unnie?”, Krystal asked.

“Sure, sweetie. I’m on my way to your campus right now. I’ll see you there, bye!”, Jessica said as she ended the conversation.

“Okay, unnie. Bye!”, Krystal ended the call. “Sul, I'm not going back with you today. Sica unnie will pick me up. We will go out for shopping and having our dinner together”, Krystal informed.

“Noted. Alright, let’s move out from here”, Sulli said as she stood up from the chair and carried her bag while waiting for her friend.


Later that night

“Thanks Aunty Im for taking care of Danny today. Sorry I’m a bit late”, Jessica said as he took Danny’s bag pack from Aunty Im’s hand. Danny was already wearing his pyjamas while hugging his Rilakkuma plush toys. He rubbed his eyes, indicating that he was sleepy.

“You’re welcome, Jessica. It’s okay. I think Danny is sleepy”, Aunty Im replied as he Danny’s hair. Danny cutely nodded his head as he agreed on what Aunty Im was saying. Jessica giggled while looking on his cute action.

“Aigoo.. I’m sorry, baby. Let’s go home now and schleep, otay?”, Jessica said while holding the little boy’s hand.

“Otay”, Danny nodded his head. After bid Aunty Im goodbye, both of them headed to the elevator.

“Alright, let me make your mwik first, and then you can sleep”, Jessica said to the little boy as soon as they entered the apartment. Jessica led Danny to the couch. “You sit here for a while, okay baby”, Jessica put the bag pack on the table and carried Danny to sit on the couch. Danny just nodded his head, and he automatically lie down on the couch as he was sleepy. Jessica quickly went to the kitchen to make the milk for the little guy.

“Aigoo.. he’s already sleeping”, Jessica said as soon as she finished making Danny’s milk. She put the bottle on the table, and slowly sat on the couch beside the sleeping boy. She lie down beside Danny as she too felt tired and sleepy after spent the whole day with the interview, and shopping and dinner with her little sister.
                                       
Not long after that, Sooyoung came back from work after his shift ended as usual. He slowly opened the door and locked it back. He was about to walk to his room when he saw Jessica and Danny already fell asleep on the couch. He slowly tiptoed to the couch, and kneeled down beside Jessica. Sooyoung gently caressing Jessica's back as Jessica was sleeping with her back facing Sooyoung. He leaned forward to kiss her cheek. Jessica jerked her body as she was startled with the sudden touch on her cheek. She turned her back and immediately sat up. She dashed forward and hugged her Sooyoungie.

“Why didn’t you answer my call?”, she weakly asked.

“I’m sorry, I left my phone in the car”, Sooyoung lied. He’s actually purposely left his phone in the bag pack as he was disappointed with Jessica for not replying his text and returning his calls.

“I miss you”, she said as she buried her face against Sooyoung’s chest and tightened the hug. Sooyoung kissed on top of her head.

“I miss you too. Let me tuck Danny in his bed first, okay?”, Sooyoung said as he slowly released the hug. He carefully slid his arms under the little boy’s back and legs, and carried him in his arm. He slowly walked to Danny’s room and gently laid the sleeping boy on his bed. He put the covers over him, and kissed his cheek.

“Good night, my little champ. Daddy love you”, he said. He then walked out of the room and slowly closed the door. He went back into the living room and found Jessica was still lying on the couch.

“She must be tired. I’ll ask her tomorrow”, he said. He slowly sat on the couch next to the sleeping girl. “Babe, let’s sleeping on the bed”, Sooyoung caressed her cheek gently. Jessica slowly opened her eyes and stared at Sooyoung.

“Can you carry me to the bed? I’m too sleepy to walk”, she weakly said.

“Aigoo, you wanna be carried like Danny too?”, Sooyoung asked. She shyly nodded. Sooyoung just giggled. “You’re so cute, you know that?”, he said.

“Yeah, I know”, she nodded her head again.

“Arasso, let’s go”, Sooyoung slid his arms under her back and legs and carried her to their room. “Gosh, you’re so heavy! What did you eat, Miss Jung?”, he teased the latter.

“Yah! I’m not! You’re meanie!”, she exclaimed and pouted.

“Aigoo, so cute”, Sooyoung said as he leaned forward and kissed her pouty lips. He then gently laid Jessica on the bed. “There you go, Princess”, he said. “Babe, go freshen yourself first, and then you can sleep, okay?”, he ordered.

“Okay”, she got up from the bed and pecked on Sooyoung’s cheek. She took the towel and headed to the bathroom. He took her handbag that was laid on the bed to put it on the side table. But his feet got tripped on something on the floor, and the handbag was accidentally flipped away from his hand. All the content inside was thrown out.

“Aigoo”, Sooyoung said and quickly got up from the floor. He immediately collect her things to put it back inside the handbag. His eyes suddenly glued to the name card that was in his hand.

“Park Gyuri, HR Manager, Choi Industries”, he read. “Choi Industries?”, his eyes got widened. “What she’s doing there?”

 

 

 

 

 

** Uh oh! O.o **

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

=============================================================================

Hello chingus! An update for today. Hope you guys like the update. Don't forget to comment! Kamsahamnida! :)

 

Sincerely,

 

Your humble author.