Chapter 29

Love Will Find A Way

 

 

The Truth - Part 1

 

A few weeks later

Sooyoung and Jessica seldom seeing each other since Donghae came back from Japan. Sooyoung realize the consequences that he had to face since Jessica was still somebody else’s fiance. While Jessica, on the other hand tried so hard to find her time to meet her lover, but it seemed hard for her to do so since Donghae always wanted to be with her all the time. Jessica has already run out of idea on how to escape herself from her fiance. She’s so wanted to call off their engagement as she herself has fall out of love with Donghae, but she knew, it wasn’t that easy. Moreover, both of their fathers are business partners, again complicates Jessica to do what she wants at will.

Jessica really wanted to share her problem with someone else. Someone that she could trust. Although she had Tiffany as her best friend, she couldn’t let her know since Tiffany will nagging or lecture her about cheating the whole time as she believed that Jessica and Donghae were the perfect couple ever, and they’re really meant to be together. She was so stressed out since she missed spending her time with Sooyoung. She miss him so much. She really couldn’t concentrate with her work since Sooyoung was all that she could think about at the moment.

“KNOCK! KNOCK!”

Nicole knocked the door for a few times, but Jessica didn’t notice it since she was in her own world. Nicole decided to just entered inside since her cousin a.k.a. her boss didn’t move an inch from her chair. She was sitting on her chair, facing the window and had been staring outside the window for almost half an hour.

“Jess, Jess”, Nicole called her. Still, no response from the latter. “Jessica Jung!”, Nicole shouted. Jessica was startled and stared blankly at Nicole.

“Oh, Nic, I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize that you’re calling me”, Jessica said as she let out a small smile. She sat up straight and looked at the file on her desk while massaging her temple.

“Jess, are you okay?”, Nicole asked while looking at her cousin worriedly. She put the files on Jessica’s desk, and immediately sat on the chair in front of Jessica.

“I-I’m fine, Nic. It’s just a slight headache since I didn’t sleep well for the past few days”, Jessica replied. Oh, yeah, she really couldn’t sleep well since she miss sleeping with her lover.

“Really? Why is that so? Did you have any problem back then?”, Nicole asked as she tried to dig out. Jessica let out a long sigh, and slowly leaned her back on the chair.

“Nic, can I trust you?”, she asked. Nicole looked at her, furrowed her brows.

“Of course you can, Jess. I’m your PA for god sake!”, Nicole replied annoyingly. Jessica just giggled softly while looking at her annoying face.

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry. I just need to let it out to someone. But, promise me not to tell anyone about it, okay?”, Jessica said.

“I promise, Jess. Come on, spill it out”, Nicole replied.

“Wait a second. Could you please close the door first?”, Jessica said.

“Okay”, Nicole immediately got up from the chair and walked to the door to close it. She went back to the chair and sat on it.

“Alright, here we go”, Jessica then started to tell Nicole about her relationship with Sooyoung, from the first time they met until they fell in love with each other. Nicole was shocked.

“Oh, god! This is so unexpected, Jess. You and Soo?”, Nicole said as she shook her head in disbelief.

“Yeah, I never expect this would happen to me”, Jessica replied as she sighed. “Tell me, what should I do, Nic?”, she said. Nicole scratched her nape, not knowing what she should say to her cousin, but she felt sorry for her.

“I seriously don’t know what to say, Jess. All this while I thought you’re really in love with your fiance. But, I understand, we couldn’t help ourselves on whom we were gonna fall in love with. If you’re really want to call of your engagement, you need to discuss with Donghae first”, Nicole said as she suggested.

“You know I can’t, Nic. Even if Donghae will let me go, I still can’t do anything. My father really wanted me to marry him. He said that Donghae was a perfect man for me. Besides, we’re going to get married in 3 months time for god sake!”, she exclaimed. Nicole sighed heavily, and she slowly stood up from the chair, walked towards Jessica. She sat on the chair’s armrest, and holds her cousin’s shoulders.

“Jess, I know this is hard for you. As I suggested to you just now, you should talk to Donghae first. Let’s see what’s his reaction towards this matter”, Nicole said as she tried to soothe the latter.

“I hope he will understand, Nic. I can’t force myself to love him anymore. I know he was my boyfriend for such a long time, and I know I’m selfish. But I can’t stop my heart from falling out of love with him”, Jessica said.

“So, when are you planning to tell him, Jess? As I can suggest, the sooner the better”, Nicole asked.

“We’ll have our dinner together tonight. I’ll try to tell him after the dinner”, Jessica replied.

“Hmm.. that’s better. I wish you the very best of luck, Jess”, Nicole said as she stood up from the chair’s armrest, and patted her cousin’s shoulder gently.

“Thanks, Nic. Thanks a lot for lending your ears to me. I really don’t know where should I let this out. I really need a support at the moment, to get through this”, she said as her voice started to crack.

“Shh.. it’s okay, Jess. We’re family, remember? That’s what a family would do, to support each other in a good times, or bad times”, Nicole replied as she rubbed her cousin’s back soothingly.

“Thanks again, Nic”, Jessica said as she smiled slightly. Nicole nodded her head and walked towards the door.

“Don’t forget to update me on it, okay Jess?”, Nicole said before she walked out of the room.

“I will, Nic”, Jessica replied. She just watched her cousin walking out of her room until she disappeared.

“Oh, god, please give me a strength to get through this tonight”, she silently prayed.


Afternoon, at YoonYul’s cafe

Sooyoung just arrived at the cafe, and he went to the store room as usual to put his bag pack and changed his shirt. Since he seldom seeing Jessica for the past few weeks, he felt restless. The only thing that motivates him to go to work is his because of his son, Danny.

After done changing his shirt, Sooyoung slowly walked to the bench provided by YoonYul for their staff to take a rest, and sat on it. He then took his phone from his pants pocket, and re-read all messages that Jessica sent to him few days ago. He sometimes smiled to himself while reading all the messages. He then scrolled on the picture gallery menu, and looked back at all the pictures that he had took with Jessica and Danny during her staying at his apartment, and when they went out together. He smiled again, and his index finger slowly traced on the phone screen whenever Jessica’s picture appeared. He let out a soft sigh.

“I miss you babe”, he mumbled.

“Whom did you miss, Soo?”, a voice suddenly echoed throughout the store room, makes him jumped off the bench as he was shocked.

“Y-yah! Can’t you just knock the door first before you enter?”, Sooyoung exclaimed as he rubbed his chest. Yuri just chuckled.

“Yah! What the hell do you think about this place, huh? An office that you need to knock the door first before you enter?”, Yuri said as he annoyingly glared at his friend.

“Haishh! Just shut up, and get out from here, Yul!”, Sooyoung exclaimed annoyingly as he sat back on the bench.

“Hey, hey! What’s with this grumpy mood and gloomy face, huh? What’s the problem?”, Yuri asked as he slowly walked to the bench and sat next to Sooyoung. He knew his friend very well as they have become friends since they’re child.

“It’s nothing, Yul”, he replied as he put back his phone on his pants pocket.

“Soo, don’t lie to me. I knew you very well. You’re not your usual over the past few weeks. There must be something that bothered your mind right now. Come on, tell me”, Yuri said as he patted his friend’s shoulder.

“Promise me that you’ll not telling anyone if I tell you?”, Sooyoung asked for assurance.

“What’s with that? You’re not trusting me? Your best friend? I’m hurt, Soo”, Yuri replied as he playfully making a sad face.

“Yah! I’m serious here!”, Sooyoung exclaimed as he shoved his friend’s shoulder. Yuri giggled while looking at his friend's pissed off face. “Like angry bird!”, he thought. (Author’s note: LOL!)

“Relax, Soo! We have been friends for so many years. How come you didn’t trust me? Just spill it out, buddy”, Yuri said. Sooyoung took a deep breath, and let it out slowly before he started to speak.

“I’m falling in love with this girl almost a month ago, and.. “, Sooyoung was about to continue his words when Yuri suddenly cut it off.

“Wow! Finally! My buddy fell in love! I’m happy to know about it, Soo”, Yuri exclaimed as he clapped his hands excitedly.

“Woiii.. can you please listen to me first?”, Sooyoung snapped while giving him an icy glare.

“Opss.. sorry, buddy! I got carried away.. heheh.. Please continue”, Yuri chuckled nervously.

“I fell in love with her a month ago, and we often met with each other for the past few weeks. The thing is, she’s already engaged, Yul”, Sooyoung said. Yuri was shocked upon hearing the word  ‘engaged’.

“Oh my god! Are you seriously telling me this, Soo?”, Yuri asked.

“Do I look like I’m playing around, Yul?”, Sooyoung asked sarcastically.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry, buddy. Chill out, okay?”, Yuri said. “Anyway, can I know who she is?”, Yuri asked. Sooyoung sighed.

“You know him, Yul. I saved this girl from being at the club last time”, he mumbled. Yuri scratched his head, tried to think about the girl that Sooyoung had told him just now. Suddenly his eyes got widened.

“Omo.. Jessica?”

 

 

 

O.o

 

**Neon yeokshi trouble, trouble, trouble.. ttaereul noryeosseo.. neoneun shoot, shoot, shoot.. naneun hoot, hoot, hoot... --->

 

 

 

 

===================================================================================================

Hello chingus! An update for today. Hope you like it. Thank you for reading and subscribing my story. And, thank you for your comment as well. I really appreciate it. See you guys in the next chapter! ^^

Sincerely,

 

Your humble author.