Chapter 1

Love Will Find A Way

Little Danny. Isn't he cute?

 

 

 

“Mom, dad, noona, hyung.. I miss you all.. so so much...”

“Hey, Youngie! What are you doing here? Why are you not sleeping yet?”, Mrs. Choi asked as she sat next to her son on the bench at their mansion’s small garden. Sooyoung was startled by his mother’s sudden appearance.

“Oh, hey mom. I’m still not sleepy yet”, he said as he let out a small smile.

“Something’s bothering you?”, his mother asked, furrowed her brows. Sooyoung scratched his nape before he started to speak.

“Hmm.. mom, can’t I just decline the offer to study in U.S.? I don’t feel like going”, he said.

“Why? I thought you’re the one who was so excited to receive the offer before this. Why out of a sudden you want to decline it?”, her mother asked again. Sooyoung keep silent for a while.

“Because.. I don’t want to be away from all of you. Besides, I’ve never lived abroad alone. I’m afraid I can’t handle it, mom”, he gave his excuses. Mrs. Choi just smiled upon hearing her son’s excuses.

“Honey, that’s what we called ‘independent’. You are now a grown-up man. Right now, you should learn to live on your own, son”, his mother said as she patted his shoulder.

“But, mom, I’m just 19 years old, for god’s sake!”, he exclaimed.

“Youngie, listen to me. Your dad was just about your age when he went to further his studies abroad. If he can, I’m sure his son could do the same too. Don’t you want to make him proud, having a brilliant, handsome, and independent son?”, his mother said as to persuade. Sooyoung huffed, still not satisfied with Mrs. Choi’s reason. Mrs. Choi noticed on it, and she tried her best to persuade her son.

“Youngie dear, do you love me?”, her mother asked. Sooyoung was surprised on her question.

“Mom, why are you asking me with that kind of question? Of course I love you!”, he exclaimed.

“If you love me, just go to U.S., okay? Do it for the sake of me, can you?”, she asked. Sooyoung took a deep breath, and let it out slowly before he answered.

“Fine! I’ll do it!”, he grunted. Mrs. Choi just chuckled.

“That’s my boy. I know you’ll do it”, she smiled.


“You’re meanie mom”, he whined loudly. His mother just giggled. “Mom, can I go back to Seoul if I miss you, dad, noona and hyung?”, he asked childishly.

“Honey, you’re going there to study, not attending a summer camp. Besides, U.S. are thousands miles away from here. You can’t go back here often. Listen, if you miss us, just give us a call, okay?”, his mother said.

“Okay”, he mumbled slowly as he nodded his head.

“Or, if you miss me that much, just look upon the night sky, and find the brightest star on it. Just imagine me as that star, so you know that I’ll always be there, watching you”, she said as she smiled. Sooyoung smiled widely and leaned closer to his mother and hugged her.

“I love you, mom!”, he said.

“I love you too, Youngie”, she replied as she patted her son’s head lightly.

“I love you too, Youngie”

The voice of her mother still echoed through his ears everytime he looked upon the brightest star in the night sky. Without he realize, a single tear rolled down his cheek. It’s been almost five years his mother left him, together with his father, his older sister and his brother-in-laws. The memory that he spent with his mother on that night still keep on playing in his mind everytime he missed her so much, especially on tonight. While he was still standing at his apartment’s balcony staring at the star, suddenly he felt his pants being tugged by someone.

“Daddy, daddy, Danny want mwik!”, a tiny voice echoed through his ears. He turned his head back to where the voice came from.

“Oh, hi my little champ! Why are you still awake, huh?”, he said as he carried the owner of the tiny voice in his arms.

“Danny want mwik!”, he cried. Sooyoung smiled and kissed his puffy cheek.

“Alright, alright Mr. Grumpy! Let’s go to the kitchen and make your milk”, he said as both of them went back inside. He closed the sliding door and walked to the kitchen. He put the little boy on the kitchen counter, and he started to search the milk bottle and the milk powder container.

“Oh, !”, he immediately covered his mouth, not wanting the little boy to hear bad words that coming from his mouth. Danny just laughed when he saw what Sooyoung did just now.

“Haishh.. your milk powder is out of stock, baby. I forgot to buy them”, he mumbled as he scratched his head. “Hmm.. daddy need to go to the convenient store to buy your milk powder”, he said to his little boy. Danny seems to understand on what he had said and nodded his head. He carried his little boy in his arms and walked to the bedroom. He put the little boy on the bed, and he quickly took his black hoodie and wear it. He put a jacket on the little boy, and then carried him in his arms. He then grabbed his door key, and immediately went out of his apartment.


At 24 hours convenient store

Both of them arrived at the convenient store in 10 minutes since it just located not far from their apartment blocks.

“Hey, Soo. What are you going to buy at this late of night?”, Mr. Lee, the store owner greeted him.

“Annyeong ahjussi. Oh, Danny’s milk powder was out of stock. I forgot to buy it”, he said as he chuckled.

“Oh, I see. Just go and find it at the milk powder section. I just put the new stock this morning”, he said as he pointed at the milk powder section.

“Thanks ahjussi. Err, can I leave Danny here? I’m afraid he will distract me since I need to grab his milk powder immediately”, Sooyoung said as he put Danny on the counter table.

“Sure you can, Soo”, Mr. Lee replied.

“Little champ, stay with haraboji here, okay? Daddy need to grab your milk powder”, he said as he patted his little boy’s head.

“Otay daddy”, Danny replied as he nodded his head. Sooyoung immediately leave the counter table and walked to the milk powder section.

While Mr. Lee was playing with Danny, suddenly the convenient store door swung opened.

“Hwangyong hamnida. Can I help you?”, Mr. Lee greeted.

“Hmm.. can you tell me where’s the sanitary section?”, asked the person.

“Oh, you just turn left, the sanitary section is just next to the milk powder section”, Mr. Lee gave the instruction.

“Thank you”, the person thanked Mr. Lee and immediately walked to the sanitary section.

“Hmm.. Dugrow, Dugrow.. where’s it?”, Sooyoung mumbled while searching the brand of the milk powder. He slowly searching on it through the display rack, tiers by tiers. While he was looking for it, suddenly...

“THUD!”

“Oww!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hello chingus! The first chapter for today's update. Hope you guys will like it. Sorry if it's a bit short. I'll try to make it longer for the next chapter. Happy reading! ^^

Thank you so much for reading and subscribing my story. Don't forget to drop your comment! See you guys in the next chapter!

 

Sincerely,

Your humble author.