Bring GD porridge

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

I trudged back up the street, stuffing my hands into my hoodie's pocket.
JiYong was sick? I kicked an empty soda can down the sidewalk, watching it fall down a storm drain. He seemed fine when he brought me home on that rainy day.

I stopped in my tracks. Rain.

Aish~” I muttered, flipping my hood up. “So it's my fault he's sick...the rain must have given him a cold. I should have forced him to wait for the taxi...”

I took out my cellphone and scrolled down until I saw the number I was looking for.

Hello? Is this the Porridge restaurant?” I put the phone to my ear.

De. How can I help you?”
I turned a corner. “I want to order a large bowl of abalone porridge.”
“Araso. For pick up or delivery.”
I glanced around. The store wasn't too far from here. “Um, for pick-up please.”

De. Gamsahapnida.”

De, gamsahapnida.”

I turned off my phone and strode down the side walk. Just then, I felt a raindrop fall from the sky. I put my hand out, and another delicate drop fell onto my hand.
I quickened my pace, walking a few blocks, then turning right onto a smaller street. The streets were filled with high school students returning from a day at school. I unconsciously pulled my hood a little higher, shielding my face, then quickly went down the road.

I dialed another number into my phone.
“Hello?” my manager's voice came from the other side of the line.
“Can you give me a ride to Big Bang's dorm?” I asked.

I could imagine him frowning. “I thought you were supposed to be shooting Music and Lyrics today.”

I sighed. “It got canceled for the day since JiYong's out sick. I want to bring him porridge since I think he got sick because of me.”
There was a pause. “Okay. Where?”

I gave him the address of the restaurant and told him to meet me there in 20 minutes. I hung up and stuffed my phone back into my pocket with a sigh.

The rain began to fall a little more steadier now. I walked faster, almost at a jog, under what little cover there was in the street. Many of the students were smart enough to bring along umbrellas but others covered their heads with their backpacks or books.
Once the restaurant was in view, I quickly jogged there and pulled the door open, pulling off my wet hood and striding up to the counter.

Welcome to---”

The young woman working there looked up and stopped herself when she saw me. I gave her an easy smile.
“I'm here to pick up the abalone porridge,” I said.

She recovered from her shock. “I'll go check if it's ready.”

She turned and looked back once or twice before disappearing behind the kitchen doors.
I tapped my fingers on the counter, occasionally checking my phone for the time.
I was relieved that she didn't say my name out loud. I glanced at the tables filled with hungry students. This restaurant was just behind a high school, and I was sure most of the people here recognized me.

I kept my back to them and faced the counter. About five minutes later, the girl returned with the carefully wrapped porridge in a plastic bag. I took out a few bills from my back pocket and handed them to her.
“Keep the change,” I said. “The food here's really good. Keep it up.”
She gave a small squeak at my compliment then nodded.
I smiled at her again just as there was a beep from a van outside.

Everyone in their restaurant took a double take at the large, dark van that was waiting outside. Our manager had chosen to take the band's van with our name printed on the side.

Wah, it's the Archangels!” I heard people say, but I was already out the door. I waved once before hopping into the van.

 

 

I pressed the intercom bottom next to Big Bang's dorm. There was a fingerprint scanner right next to it, as well as a lot of scratches on it. I assumed it was from when fans tried to get into the dorm. I wasn't surprised. Our dorm had the same thing.

Yeah, who is it?” I heard SeungRi's voice on the other side of the line. It sounded like his voice was full of food.
“It's me, Xyla,” I said. I held up the bag of porridge in front of the camera so he could see and a few seconds later, there was a click and the dorm opened.
“Oh, HyeRa!” SeungRi beamed. He was in a black tanktop and jeans. “What are you doing here. Hyung said the show was canceled for today.”
I held out the plastic bag. “Is he in there? I want to give this to him. It's probably my fault he's like this in the first place.”
SeungRi shrugged. “Go ahead. He's on the couch. And sorry about the mess.”

He held the door open and I walked in, kicking of my sneakers. G-Dragon was napping on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket and keeping warm in a beanie and hoodie. The TV was still on, so I turned the volume down. He shifted, but he didn't wake up.
I set the porridge down on the wooden table then turned to SeungRi, who was leaning against the wall. “Can you make sure he gets this?”

SeungRi nodded. “No problem. Nice seeing you.”
I smiled. “Nice to see you too.” I glanced at the clock. “I'd better go. I'll see you later.”
“Okay, bye,” he said. “Watch out for the rain. Otherwise you might end up like this hyung....”
“Bye!” I turned then slipped on my sneakers, exiting the dorm with the laces undone.
I sure hoped he would feel better. After all, it's my fault he caught a cold.

 

Now what to do you want to do?

Go home (coming soon)

Grab some food (coming soon)