Right Road

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

to my awesome readers:

 

okay so i just rewrote this chapter. thanks for all your patience! i think this chapter will be a lot better! 

thank you for reading!!^^

_______________________________________________________________

 

 

The five of us decided to take the right road, not heading anywhere in particular. The day was sunny, but a nice breeze floated around every so often. Behind sunglasses and under hats, we walked together, looking down the street that ran along the outskirts of Seoul. Safe from the bustle, but since it was right after the press conference, not safe from the risk of recognition.

We continued walking, looking at the stores that lined the street and the vendors selling things from food to clothes.

Want some?” Rynn asked, catching me looking at ice cream from behind the condensing glass.

I shook my head. “No thanks, just looking.”
“Hurry up you slowpokes!” Kyran called, and the two of us hurried to catch up with our friends.

I strode to the front, and was just about to comment on how it was a great idea to take a walk, when there was a been from a car horn.

The five of us instinctively turned around, and a black car pulled up. A foreign car. A pretty expensive ride for the people living in the area, who drove big vans or chose to ride around in taxis.

Xyla-sshi!” a voice called from the driver's side of the window.

I glanced around nervously. Did someone hear? No one seemed to hear anything and were still continuing with their own business.

The driver of the car rolled the passenger-side window down and the five of us peered inside. Immediately, I recognized him as the famous drama director, Mr. Choi Sanghyun.
“Oh, anneyeonghaseyo,” I bowed, and he nodded as my friends joined in with their greetings.
“I went to see you after the press conference,” he said. “But your manager said you guys took a walk.”
“Oh, jwehsonghapnida,” I said as formally as I could. This guys was someone we needed to put a good impression on.

He waved me off and smiled. “No problem. If you guys have a minute? Can we stop and chat?”
I glanced my watch. We still had time.

I nodded, and he looked pleased.
“How about we sit down at that cafe back there?” he asked, indicating the small coffee shop a block down the road.
We nodded and headed up in the direction he pointed while the director made a U-turn along the skinny road.

The five of us took a seat in the most private booth in the corner of the cafe. There were a few people, but most of them were older and didn't seem to notice or recognize us.

What's going on?” Saylan asked after Rynn stood to order 6 cups of coffee.
I shrugged. “No idea. I guess we'll just have to find out.”

A few minutes later, the door to the cafe opened and the director came in. He sat in the seat across from me, and Rynn arrived with our drinks. We took them happily and thanked Rynn, at which he gave a humble nod and turned his attention to the director.

Mr. Choi linked his hands together and but them on the table.
“So, Xyla-sshi,” he began, and I sat a little straighter.

De?”

I've been keeping an eye on you for a while,” he continued, taking a sip of coffee. “For the new drama I'm working on.”

I blinked. “Really?”

He nodded, “I think you have a lot of potential. The part I think you'd be perfect for is one you need to think about.”
I frowned. “What do you mean?”
The director sat back in the seat, “Well, it's a part that would change your image a little. It's a lead role, unfortunately. I know know you're only here for a while, but maybe you would consider doing it.”
My friends looked interested.

Kyran cleared his throat a little. “Is this a part for all of us?”

Well,” the director took another sip. “I was thinking about minor roles for the rest of you. Lots of screen time, I assure you. I know both NiRa-sshi and Rynn-sshi are very good actors from those cameos last year.”

NiRa blushed and Rynn smiled good naturedly.
“As for you both,” he went on, looking at Kyran and Saylan. “I think I have a special part for you. It would suit your acting skills perfectly.”

Kyran's face lit up and Saylan looked excited.

Here's a copy of the script for each of you,” he took out a folder and handed a packet to each of us. “Read it over and let me know what you think. I have my number on the inside of the front cover. You can bring up the idea with your manager, and talk about it. Do you think you can give me an answer....a week from today?”
The five of us nodded with a sense of determination.
“De, of course,” I said, flipping through a few pages of the packet. “We'll be sure to bring it up with him.”

He nodded and stood up. “Thanks for your time. I'll be waiting for your answer.”

The five of us stood up at the same time and bowed him out of the shop. As we waved goodbye, I opened to the front page of the scripts.
Whoa, my first big acting job. This was going to be fun!

 

Next chapter(chapter 35)