The Next Chapter

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

 "Okay, thanks for coming~!” we heard NiRa lead the camera crew out of the door, making sure we still had smiles on our faces as the left. Once the door was shut behind them, I collapsed on the couch.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. “I can't believe that I forgot it was today....”
Rynn had gone into the kitchen ans was now drinking juice, while both Kyran and NiRa sunk into nearby chairs.
“So....” Rynn put his drink down. “What are we doing today?”
I sighed. “I don't know, what do you guys want to do?”

I think I'm going back to bed,” Rynn mumbled, and with that, he disappeared back into his room.

My phone suddenly rang, and I ran into my room to pick up.
“Hello?” I put the phone to my ear.
“Xyla?” a distinct voice was heard from the other line.
“Oh, hi, SeHun,” I sat on my bed. “What's up?”
There was an awkward silence.
“Um, hello? Are you still there?” I asked. I went over to the mirror and brushed out my hair with one hand. SeHun's voice came back on the other line.
“Oh, yeah, I'm still here.”

I rolled my eyes. Awkward kid.

Um....SeHun...?”

Oh, right!” I could imagine him blushing. “Can you come over?”

I frowned. “Huh?”
“Can you guys come over to the SM building?” he asked. “We're working on his dance arrangement, and we could really use some help.”

A dance arrangement? Are we really that good?” I went over to my closet and picked out a flannel shirt and jean shorts, tucking the phone between my ear and my shoulder.
“Well, our choreographer is out sick, and the other is working with the Super Junior sunbae-nims for their comeback,” SeHun explained.

I sighed. “Okay, we'll be right over. See you in a bit!”

I hung up and stuck my head out of my room. “Yah, I'm going to the SM building. Whoever wants to come can!”

Only Kyran and Saylan seemed to be in the living room. Rynn looked up from reading a novel, raising his eyebrows. “What for?”
“EXO needs a choreographer. Theirs is out sick,” I explained, balancing on one foot and gripping the doorway's frame to keep from falling while sticking my head out of my room.
Kyran sighed and stood. “Okay, I'll go. Nothing to do here. Wanna come, Saylan? I think NiRa went back to bed too.”

Saylan held up his lyrics notebook and grimaced apologetically. “Sorry, I have to work on the rap for this song...”

About half an hour later, Kyran and I were changed and dropped off in the front of SM's building, where it seemed to have attracted a lot of fans. Many of them were chanting their idol's name and were waving balloons or posters.
“There must be a special event today,” Kyran said, putting on his sunglasses.

I craned my neck over the crowd. “Seems to be. Let's go around back.”

I followed in Kyran's example and put on my dark sunglasses as we walked towards the back of the building. Most of the security seemed to be preoccupied with the excited fans that not as many were hanging around the side of the building.

Hm, no one's here,” Kyran pulled at the locked door on the side entrance.

Let's check the door on the other side,” I suggested.

He shook his head. “It'll be a waste of time if we check out all the entrances one by one. Stay here, and I'll run to see if the next door is open. I'll call your cell if I can get in, alright?”
I nodded as he turned away. “Hurry back!”

I sat on the bench next to the door, watching the cars go by. I took my iPod out of my pocket and put the earphones in my ears. The song, “I Need a Girl” by Taeyang came on, and I hummed along quietly. The fan girls were still jumping up and down with excitement, but I think it was no use. The idols they were chanting for must have already went inside the building.
“YAH!”
I turned, hearing the muffled sound, and I wasn't sure if I had heard it or not.

Just as I turned, I saw several girls around my age, striding up to me. They all looked beautiful. Maybe too beautiful. I pulled my earphones out of my ears and stood.

I readjusted my sunglasses. “Yes?”
The girl in front, who you assumed was their 'leader' strode right up to me and shoved me hard. I stumbled back onto the bench, nearly falling over.
“What was that for?!” I clenched my teeth together.

You know, I used to like you, Xyla,” the lead girl practically snarled, and I was taken back by her anger.

What are you talking about?” I resisted the urge to snap at her.
“I can't believe you would do something like that!” another girl came up to me and pushed me, but not as hard as the first girl.
“I have no idea what you're talking about,” I managed to grind out.
The lead girl scoffed. “Don't play innocent with us! You're such a !”

I put my hands behind my back and I felt them ball into fists.

Why are you stealing Rynn oppa away from me?!” the lead girl nearly screamed at me.
“What?!”

I know everything about him and I love him so much, then you and him hang out, walking in the streets together and then you two suddenly just decide to get couple rings--!” she continued.

What are you talking about?” I demanded.
“Don't play innocent, you--” one girl snapped, but the lead girl interrupted, making her voice louder.
“The ring at the fan-signing event!” she practically screamed. “The both of you have the exact same rings!”

My head was reeling. I didn't know what to say. Whatever I was going to say, this insane girl was going to counter it. She had obviously been watching us. Waaaay to closely. I forced as much willpower as I could not to slap her right then and there. Idols hitting fans never, ever ended up being good news.
I clenched my teeth tighter. “Look you don't know what you're talking about--”
The lead girl jabbed a finger into my shoulder. “Don't you even say that! Rynn oppa is mine! Got it?!”

I let out a scoff before I could stop myself. Immediately, I realized that I shouldn't have done that.

Are you laughing?” one of the girls asked, her eyes narrowed into slits.

I glared at her. “Look. You guys are just some obsessive, delusional fans that---”
The lead girl's eyes widened and she immediately slapped me right across the face. I felt a stinging pain on my left cheek as I stumbled backwards onto the cemented sidewalk. I got right back up, but the moment I did the girls grabbed my arms, vice-like, and could feel bruises welling up.
The lead girl went straight up to me, her eyes cold slits. I felt another pain, and a burst of blood erupted in my mouth. It seemed that she had punched me, hard. I could feel a lump in my throat, and it seemed like my heart had dropped down into my stomach, but I refused to cry.

The lead girl must have sensed my defeat, and she hurled curses at me, her voice full of the sound of victory. 
I tried kicking and scratching, but these girls were squeezing my arms so tight, I could barely move. I was going to hurl a string of insults at them but thought better of it, knowing that I didn't want to sink down to their own pathetic level. They began pointing out everything that was imperfect about me, comparing it to themselves.

Look at me!” the lead girl pointed at herself. “I'm beautiful! Do you know how much I went through to get this pretty? I spent 2 years in Europe just to get all of this work done! ALL FOR RYNN OPPA!!” She screamed the last words.

My vision went blurry with each time they hit me more, pulling at my hair and scratching me with their perfect nails. With each blow, I prayed harder and harder for this to be over.

Kyran. Kyran, where are you? Kyran...please hurry........please.......

There was a final blow, and my world went black. 

 

 

NEXT CHAPTER (chapter 50)