get food

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

 

 “Let's eat at that lunchbox restaurant!” Kyran said, pointing out a restaurant at the corner of a crowded street.

The five of us had been walking down the street, looking for a place to eat. Of course, the moment we left the building, people had recognized us and were now following us as we searched for a place to eat.

We were all under hats and behind sunglasses, but it didn't stop people from realizing who we were. Cameras flashed and people shouted our names, but walking around was better than being cooped up in our dorm without any fresh air.

People were eying us eagerly, whipping out their cameras, but keeping their distance. After our debut a few years ago, I had stopped looking on websites like Tumblr and Facebook, but I was sure that the pictures being taken now were going to be on one of those sights. And I'm not surprised if some of these people were updating Twitter with our location.

Nevertheless, we continued with our business and kept walking towards the restaurant. A girl in a green baseball cap excitedly asked Kyran for an autograph, and, surprised when she rushed forward in the crowd towards him, Kyran signed a piece of paper for her.

Oppa, you're so handsome!” she beamed.

Oh, gomawo,” he said, giving her a small bow and a smile, then continued walking.
She suddenly grabbed his arm, and Kyran was yanked backwards. “Oppa, don't go! Wait, can I have a picture, please?”

Kyran gave an uneasy smile. “Um, sure.”

One of her friends that she was with, one too shy to come and ask for an autograph herself, took the picture.
The green-capped girl stood right by Kyran's side and smiled widely. Kyran put up a peace sign, and the picture was taken.

Omo, gomawoyo oppa!” she squealed, looking at her digital camera. “Gomawoyo!”

He nodded. “De...bye...”
He walked by me, brushing my shoulder lightly.

Let's speed up,” he muttered, and walked a little faster to the restaurant.

De, annyeong, annyeong....” I nodded at some fans that were waving to get our attention.

Rynn took off his headphones to talk to a fan that had asked politely for an autograph.

The girl in a green baseball cap waved to get our attention and squealed when we returned greetings with nods.

OPPA! KYRAN OPPA! SARANGHAE!” she screamed, and Kyran responded with another smile.

I scoffed. “You know she's been following us for the past 3 blocks...”

He laughed, patting my head. “Yeah, I know.”

Kyran had always been like this, the one that loved attention from the fans. The rest of us tolerated their obsessive behavior well, but Kyran simply basked in their adoration. He waved at the fans before turning and going into the restaurant, and they responded with deafening cheers.

Saylan pulled the handle of the restaurant door and the five of us went inside. Upon seeing us, the waitress gave a stifled squeak then quickly led us to our seats at a table in the back of the restaurant. Across the room, people were still waving and taking pictures of us through the huge glass window.

NiRa went into the booth first, and both Saylan and I followed. Rynn and Kyran sat on the other side, facing us.

Ignore, ignore, ignore,” I heard NiRa murmur, flipping over the first page in the menu.

Anything to drink?” the waitress asked, beaming at all of us.

We gave our orders, and she bowed once before leaving to pass our order to the kitchen. I saw that she was beaming and she whispered something to one of the other people working with her in excitement.

Wah, so many fans!” Saylan sighed.

People these days....” Kyran said after the waitress left. “One of them grabbed me! And asked for a picture!”
I raised my eyebrows. “So? It happens all the time.”

He shrugged. “Well, not recently....”
Rynn propped his head on his arm. “I think Kyran's trying to say that they usually keep their distance.”

Kyran snapped his fingers. “Yeah, that's it. I mean, the screaming and cameras and following is part of the package, but when was the last time someone grabbed you like that? She, like, yanked me backwards.”
“Just ignore it Kyran,” NiRa took a sip of her water.
“Yeah, I guess, but--” Kyran was suddenly cut off when a figure appeared, beaming and wearing a green baseball cap.

Not you again!” Kyran frowned.

Next to him, Rynn's eyes widened and I saw him elbow Kyran in the ribs. At the same time, I kicked him underneath the table.
“Ow! What was that for?” he muttered in English, hoping that the girl wouldn't understand a word he said.

The girl didn't seem to notice, and if she did, she was ignoring it.

Um, can we help you?” I asked carefully.

Oh, I was around,” the green-capped girl said. “And I thought that I'd sit with you guys.”

She then proceed to sit right next to Kyran, who's eyes widened in surprise as he automatically scooted over.
My mouth dropped open. What was going on with this girl? Didn't she have any respect for our privacy? I looked between Kyran and the girl, and but he looked just as confused as I was.

She beamed at Kyran, but he looked taken aback.
Kyran looked at me for help, but I shook my head wordlessly at him. What was I supposed to do?

The green-capped girl smiled widely at Kyran, ignoring the rest of us. “Oppa, don't you remember me? I'm Lee SoHyun! I was at your last fan meeting!”

Uh...” Kyran coughed awkwardly. “Well, there were a lot of people that day....”

She pouted, and suddenly clung onto his arm, making him jump back in surprise. “Oppa~how could you not remember me?”

The rest of us stared at her in disbelief. Kyran's eyes widened as the girl beamed up at him.

Uh, no...mianhae....” Kyran said, looking between the girl and where she was holding onto his arm.

She shrugged. “That's okay oppa.” She curled a strand of hair behind her ear. “I guess we can just hang out together instead.

Saylan and I, who had chosen the wrong time to drink water, choked, and began to cough. NiRa looked surprised and began patting our backs.

What?!” Saylan choked out.

The girl, SoHyun, smiled at Kyran, ignoring us and our reactions. “So oppa....when are we going on our date?”
“Date?!”

Um, date?” Kyran frowned, unconsciously scooting away from SoHyun and pinning Rynn against the wall.

She nodded happily. “De.”

Um....” Kyran chuckled awkwardly. “Sorry, I think I'm busy....”
She pouted again, clinging onto Kyran even tighter. “But oppa~Johyun oppa~”

I saw a muscle in Kyran's jaw clench. No one called him by his real name. Even I never used it.

Rynn, who was already squished, elbowed Kyran again, giving him a glare.

Mianhae,” Kyran suddenly stood up and pushed his way out of the booth. He looked at SoHyun. “I have to go.”

Oppa!” SoHyun called as Kyran turned and left the restaurant, and she chased after him, leaving the rest of us confused.
“What was that about?!” NiRa demanded.

I shook my head. “No idea. But I have a feeling Kyran has a new stalker....”

"Come on, let's go," Rynn stood up and the rest of us followed. 

"But I'm hungry..." Saylan pouted. I rolled my eyes. 

We left the restaurant, leaving behind several bills on the table to pay for their troubles. Some of the fans waiting outside were gone, as it seemed they either were bored of watching us or left to follow Kyran. 

Up ahead, I saw SoHyun impatiently waiting at a corner, and just then, I thought I saw a brief flash of Kyran crossing the road.

 

What should you do?

 

Go after Kyran (coming soon)

Approach the girl and tell her to leave Kyran alone (coming soon)