Kiss the Radio

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

I had called the dorm to ask Rynn and NiRa if they had wanted to come see with me to the recording studio, but I was answered by the sound of Rynn's tired voice telling me to go ahead, since both of them wanted to rest.

Kyran stretched his arms and yawned. “You know, Xyla, I think I'm gonna turn in, too. It's been a long day...”
I turned to him. “Really? Okay, then. See you later. How about you, Saylan?”
He rubbed his eyes, making him like a little kid. “Um....”
I put a hand on his shoulder. “It's okay. You're tired. Go with Kyran. I'll catch up with you guys later, araso?”
He yawned then nodded.

Kyran went up to Sungmin and pulled me closer.

Take care of our fearless leader, hyung,” he said, patting my head.
Sungmin laughed. “Alright, I will.”

Kyran and Saylan nodded, then made their way towards the exit and then out of sight. Sungmin and I walked to the parking lot, where his van was parked. I climbed into the backseat, and he followed.
“Sorry about the mess,” he muttered, clearing away some empty soda bottles and shoving bits of trash under the seat in front of us.
I laughed. “No it's okay. I live with three other guys. I'm kind of used to it.”

He nodded. “That's good...well, today we have EXO-K coming...”
“Oh, really? It's good that they get on radio shows,” I said. “What do you think of them?”
We felt the engine of the van roar to life and we sped down the road.

Sungmin scratched the back of his head. “Um, well...I don't really know. I haven't really talked to most to them. Our schedules are different – you know how it is...”
I nodded. “Yeah that's true too. But I think they're kind of nervous about this show. I mean, they shouldn't be. They're really cool”
He sighed. Was I imagining a darker expression on his face?
“What?” I asked.
He blinked. “Huh?”
“You seemed kind of down after I said they were cool,” I pointed out. “What's wrong?”
He waved a hand. “No, it's nothing. Don't worry about it...”
I raised an eyebrow.

Don't look at me like that, Xyla....” he muttered, looking out the window.

I nudged him. “Oppa.....Buing buing~”

He glanced at me. “It's really nothing. Quit looking at me like that! Just because you use aegyo....”
I frowned. “Yah, I don't use aegyo on just anyone! Come on, spit it out!”
He sighed, “Araso, araso.” He paused. “It's the fans.”

I frowned. “What? Did you say fans?”
He nodded. “De. A lot of them are EXO fans now. The news have said that Super Junior's old – a thing of the past – EXO is what kids like now...”
I managed a smile of sympathy. “Oppa. Look, you've been in the business longer than me. Your the one I'm supposed to get the advice from. Isn't this supposed to be the other way around?”
He gave a small smile. “Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm just being stupid now. This thing happens all the time in the business, huh?”
I hugged him. “That's the oppa I know.”

We pulled into the studio building and made our way to the studio. Upon entering, we bowed to the staff, and I was almost strangled with a hug from Ryeowook. In the middle of being squished, I saw EXO-K sit up from their chairs, with smiles on their faces. SeHun, Baekhyun, and Kai glanced at their sunbae before making their way out of the room to greet me.
“Anneyong SeHunnie oppa!” I said, hugging him, making him smile.
“Yah, what about me? I'm older!” Chanyeol appeared and ruffled my hair.

I rolled my eyes. “This is where you had to go?”

He nodded. “Mm-hm. I didn't know you would be here too.”
I laughed. “Yeah, I didn't know either – oh, anneyong Kyungsoo oppa!”
Kyungsoo, also known as D.O., stood up and sent me a heart sign.

 

 

 

 

I laughed, but then the staff ushered Sungmin, Ryeowook, and EXO-K back into the studio.

Ani-yo oppa,” I muttered when Ryeowook took me by the hand and tried to drag me into the studio with them. “I don't want to be trouble....”
“You're not going to be trouble!” he said, successfully pulling me into the studio.

I don't think that's even possible for you!”

I glanced around. The 8 chairs in the room were all occupied and there didn't seem to be room for more. “Then where should I sit?”

Chanyeol raised his hand. “You can sit on my lap!”
I went furiously red, but Baekhyun elbowed him for me.
“Aish, Chanyeol-ah, don't be a ert...” muttered SuHo.

Yeah, hyung...” came Kai's voice.
“Um...yeah....so maybe I should wait outside,” I muttered and turned to leave, but tripped over one of the wires that was sticking out.
I waited for the impact on the ground, but it didn't come. I opened one eye, then blushed, standing back up. SeHun looked at me.
“Gomawo, oppa...” I bit the side of my lip.

Gwenchana?” SeHun asked, and I nodded.
Sungmin suddenly appeared with a smaller chair, and he placed it in the middle of the tables.
“There!” he said, proudly. “Now you can stay.”

Um, alright,” I gave up, knowing that I didn't have another choice now. I walked over, stepping higher than usual to avoid the wires, and awkardly sat in the chair.

Sungmin sat back in his chair at the front of the room, to Ryeowook's left, and the Kiss the Radio Show started. Ryeowook and Sungmin greeted the members and told them to greet the listeners.

Sungmin even surprised me by saying that he believed EXO-K would make long-lasting singers for sure.

I caught his eye, and gave him a small smile and a nod. EXO nodded their thanks from their sunbae.

WE ARE ONE! HELLO EVERYONE, WE ARE EXO-K!” they chorused and bowed instinctively at the same time.
“I am Suho, the leader who guards the members,” introduced SuHo.

It was Baekhyun's turn. “In charge of eyeliner in EXO-K, I'm Baekhyun.”

Laughs all around.
“Hello,” said Chanyeol. “I'm the happy virus, Chanyeol!”
Kyungsoo cleared his throat. “I'm the mom of EXO-K, D.O.”

I'm in charge of iness in the group, I'm Kai!” Kai smiled and laughed as the others joined in.
“Yah, that one didn't count,” said Ryeowook as Sungmin laughed. “How can any of you be y? How old are you?”
“19,” replied Kai, blushing a little.
“Re-do it,” said Ryeowook. “Be cute!”
Kai nodded, stiffling his laughter. “De, I'm EXO-K's dancing machine, Kai!”
The others nodded and laughed.

SeHun leaned forward into the microphone. “I'm EXO-K's maknae, SeHun.”

Oh, and everyone, we have a special guest here with us today,” Sungmin said, and I blushed. “Unfortunately, she won't be speaking on the show today, but if you check out the video later, you'll see who she is.”


I waved at the camera and made a heart sign.
Applause, and I pressed my lips together to keep from laughing.

 

To be continued (chapter 33)