Circle Around the Mall

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

for janet160

i hope this is close enough to the scenario you requested. its not exactly after a concert but it was the only spot i could think of putting it in...

thanks 4 reading! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I checked over my shoulder to make sure that no one was around. I quickly slipped my hood over my head again then strode quickly down the sidewalk.

I stood up taller and held me head high, briskly walking as if knew exactly where I was going, which of course, wasn't true.
People walked down the street, chatting happily amongst each other. Still no one from my band. They were in the same situation I was in, so what would they do?

They wouldn't want to sit around either, and for sure, they would want to go out and find everyone else.

I took out my phone and tried to call Rynn again.
“Xyla?” his voice came from the other end and I breathed a sigh of relief.
“Yeah, it's me. Are you okay? Where are you?”

I'm at the other end of the mall. At the main entrance. I barely got out of there.”
“Have you seen any of the others?”
“No. I'm alone. Have you?”
“No,” I was beginning to get worried now,

I'm...” I looked around. “...right next to a food cart selling pop rice.”

Alright,” he said. “Hang on. Stay right there. I'm coming. Hey, watch out. I think all this commotion might draw the paparazzi.”

I nodded. “Alright. I'll wait.”

I quickly sat down on a curb and watched people go by. No one seemed to notice me among the many teens that I visited the mall. It seemed that I blended in, but it did not stop my feeling of paranoia. Sense finally came to me and I decided to at least let our manager know what was going on.
“Hello?” his voice came.
“Yeah, it's Xyla. I'm at the mall near YG,” I explained. “I kind of got separated with the rest of the band when some fans saw us...”
“Are you lying low?” he asked.

Yeah.”
“Okay, give me a second. I'll send a van there okay? It's a YG van, alright? Since it's nearest to you. At the front entrance.”
“Okay.”
He hung up.

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and was relieved to see Rynn standing over me. I was also glad he had enough sense not to yell out my name to get my attention.
“You okay?” he asked.

I nodded and he helped me up.

I dusted off my jeans and took a look around. Still no sign of the others.
“Aigoo, is that Xyla?”

I froze. Great.

Rynn stiffened by my side, put his arm around me and the two of us carefully slunk away from the busy street.
“It is! And Rynn!”
When we turned the corner, I was able to catch a glimpse of a crowd of people hurrying after us. With cameras. Is this the paparazzi Rynn warned me about?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4GFB-fbq7DcyPSHb4Kgl
“This way,” Rynn muttered and I quickly followed in his lead.

They were coming closer, so we crossed a street, hoping the traffic would prevent them from following us, but it didn't discourage them.

Xyla-sshi wait a minute!”
“No, keep walking,” Rynn said when I tried to turn around.

We walked at a steady pace.

Our manager said he would pick us up at the front. We'd better circle back around...”
Rynn nodded.

We made another turn and quickly walked back to the front entrance. I guess some photographers gave up because the crowd was smaller, but still quite a lot of people were after us.
“There!” I pointed to a black van with a YG sticker on the back window.

The two of us quickly opened the door and got in. This van seemed really familiar.
“Oh, Xyla-sshi?” the driver looked back at us from the rear-view mirror.

Yes, ahjusshi?”
“What are you doing here?” he asked.

I frowned. “W-what?”
“This is Daesung's van...” he replied. “He just went in with Taeyang to look for you guys....”

Rynn and I looked at each other.
“No problem, I'll call him,” his driver said, reading between the lines.

He took out his cell phone and called Daesung, who seemed to pick up at the second ring. And although the windows were slightly tinted, the photographers could see us inside and were busily snapping away. The driver got out of the van and told them to go away.
“Gamsahapnida, ahjusshi,” Rynn and I bowed gratefully.

He nodded. “It's alright. It happens all the time. Crazy sasaeng fans...”
Within a few minutes, Daesung and Taeyang climbed into the van, and the reporters began clicking furiously away. The moment they saw us, Daesung suddenly gave me a big hug.
“I'm glad you guys are okay!” he said as he let go.
“We saw you getting separated,” Taeyang added. “We circled back around to look for you. TOP and JiYong hyung went in Seungri's van. They called us just a second ago, and they said they found the others...”
I breathed a sigh of relief, “Gomawoyo, oppa...”

Rynn nodded. “De. Gomawoyo, hyung.”
Taeyang and Daesung smiled. “Gwenchanayo. Let's go. They're heading back to YG now.”

 

Go to the next day: Press Conference (chapter 13)