Kiss the Radio (part 2)

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

The radio interview went on. EXO-K seemed to me more relaxed. I'm not sure whether or not it was my presence, but it felt better knowing that their first radio interview was going to turn our smoothly.
“Oh, Baekhyun-ah,” Ryeowook began. “What power would you like in real life?”
“Um, personally, I want Kai's teleportation,” Baekhyun gestured to Kai, smiled and nodded.

Oh, wae-yo?” Ryeowook leaned forward a little and I turned from my chair to hear better.
“To travel around the world to see our fans,” Baekhyun replied, and he received nods of approval, even from me.
“Well if I had that power, I'd want to go to the women's bathhouse,” Ryeowook said, making everyone in the room laugh.

I opened my mouth in fake shock, and scoffed. Aish, boys.
The interview continued, but I sat there silently. I smiled at how mature they seemed now, compared to when we had first met back during our pre-debut days. Glancing at Chanyeol and SeHun, they were still the same. Chanyeol still laughed like a maniac, clapping his hands and jerking back everytime there was something funny, and SeHun was still quiet and polite.

It was EXO-K's time to shine. The only time I got to talk was during the song breaks. The first time I was able to talk was when they played “Billionaire” by Travie McCoy, the song that Kyungsoo liked to sing as a trainee.
“Aigoo, I wanted SeHunnie sing 'Baby',” said SuHo, causing Ryeowook and Sungmin to laugh.

Sungmin seemed to be more relaxed too.
“Yeah, I wanted to hear that too,” I added, and SeHun went a little red.

Ani-yo,” SeHun said. “My english isn't that good.”

We spent a few brief minutes talking, then the interview continued. I nodded at the boys' answers, and several times I had to stifle my laughter. I waved my hands in apology, but it just made them smile.
“Ah, well, I guess that's it for EXO,” Sungmin for EXO. He suddenly eyed me and there was a mischievous gleam in his eyes.

Why don't we get our special guest up here?” he asked.

I pointed at myself. “M-me?”

He nodded and smiled. Ryeowook and the others applauded in approval.

Jjinja?” I asked, feeling the camera zoom in to my face. “Um...okay....”
I looked around. “Where should I sit?”
Ryeowook pointed at the person closest to where I was standing. “Why don't you share the mic with SeHunnie?”
I glanced at SeHun and he gave me a small smile.

Uh, okay,” I went over to the mic, and SeHun scooted over a little so we could share the chair.
“Please welcome our special guest! Who agreed to come in today to be on the show!” Ryeowook announced.
“De, anneyonhaseyo,” I smiled at the camera and made a heart sign with my hands. “I'm Xyla, the leader of the Archangels!”

I could almost hear the screaming fans that were in for a surprise today.
“Oh, wow, we're getting a lot of messages from the fans,” Sungmin said, leaning forward to read the computer monitor.

How about we put our guest on the hot seat today?” Sungmin asked, looking at me mischievously.
I looked at him uncertainly.
“It's okay, you'll do fine,” Baekhyun said reassuringly from the other side of the table.
“So...” Ryeowook began, thinking for a question in this improvised interview.

How about we ask you some questions?”
I nodded, “Sure, okay.”

Sungmin cleared his throat then leaned forward a little. “HyeRa~”
I looked at him expectantly.
“Are you in a relationship with someone right now?”

Ani-yo,” I shook my head and laughed a little. “Aigoo, if I was, all of you would know.”
SuHo and Chanyeol laughed.

Do you like anyone right now?” he asked.

Oppa!” I objected, making him laugh. “That's not fair! I don't like anyone right now!”

Kai pouted cutely next to SeHun. “Yah, you don't like me?”
“Or me?” Chanyeol cocked his head to one side like a puppy.
“Whoa whoa, you like me too right?” Sungmin himself asked.
I laughed. “Yah, you guys are being weird! I love all of you guys, you know!”

SeHun raised an eyebrow at me.

There are so many people I like!” I objected. “I like the EXO oppas, SUJU oppas, Big Bang oppas, Beast oppas, SHINee oppas...”
Ryeowook grinned, interrupting me. “HyeRa, you're being safe!”

I blushed a little. “Of course I am!”
Sungmin shook his head a little in defeat. “Araso, araso. Okay, then....oh – how about this: HyeRa, if you were on the TV show, 'We got Married' – aigoo, don't look at me like that! – it's just a hypothetical question, you're too young anyway. A question like this wouldn't hurt – who would you pick?”
I went a little red as everyone leaned forward a little, awaiting my answer.
“Um...” I looked around and imitated Sungmin's mischievous grin. “How about you, Sungmin oppa?”

Everyone roared with laughter. Chanyeol almost fell off his chair.
“Haha, alright HyeRa,” Sungmin replied, getting ahold of his laughter. “I know you like me a lot, but – I hate to break it to you – but I'm kind of old for you!”

All of us laughed again, including me.

Choose someone from the people here,” Ryeowook said. “And that's not me or Sungmin! I know you like us so much, but pick someone younger!”
I looked around.

From across the room, Chanyeol did his best aegyo, Baehyun did his famous eyesmile, and Kyungsoo made another heart sign. Kai and SuHo looked at me anticipatingly at me, and SeHun smiled cutely.

Ah~I can't! I love everyone in EXO!” I finally exclaimed.

Knowing that they couldn't get a real answer out of me, everyone just gave around of applause and laughed.

Oh, what's this?” Ryeowook leaned forward to read something on the monitor screen. “We're getting a lot of messages from, not only fans, but a lot of idols, too! I guess Xyla's name travels fast. I'll read some out loud.”
He cleared his throat.
“The first message is from G-Dragon and TOP from Big Bang,” Ryeowook announced. “It says 'HyeRa~saranghaeyo! Hwaiting!'”

Sungmin read another. “Oh, it's from EXO-M! 'Anneyong HyeRa~love from EXO-M in China~we're listening to Sukira over here! Good luck!”
“There's even one from Beast!” Ryeowook said. “'Don't let the Super Junior sunbae-nims bother you so much! Saranghae!' Whoa, you have a lot of fans, Xyla!”
I blushed.
“It's no wonder,” Sungmin said. “She's always so cute!”
I think at that moment, if he could have stood up and pinched my cheeks, he would have.
“Oppa...” I smiled.
After a little bit, Sungmin, Ryeowook, EXO-K, and I said goodbye to the listeners and thanked them for tuning in. Ryeowook had just said that Sukira had been in the top searched list today, which made me happy that I could help. During the music break, one of the staff handed me a camera after I hugged SeHun and Kyungsoo.
“Guys, let's take a picture!” I called as EXO-K were shaking hands with their sunbaes.
They huddled closer, and I took the picture. Click!

I looked up from taking the picture.
“Yah, you guys are so stiff! Use aegyo!” I called, and they huddled even closer, and I took the picture again.

 

Perfect. 

 

The next day (chapter 40)