Reality Show

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

 “Yah,” I heard a voice call from somewhere above me.
I peered out from under the pillows, and I spotted Kyran standing over me, holding out his cell phone.
“It's for you,” he mouthed.
I groaned and pulled the pillow off my head, sitting up and pressing the cell to my ear.
“Hello?”
“Xyla are you guys awake yet?” I heard my manager ask from the other line.
I rubbed my eyes. “I am now.”

You remembered what today is right?” his voice seemed urgent.

Uh, Tuesday?” I guessed, getting up and brushing my hair in the mirror.

Our manager groaned. “You guys forgot didn't you?”
“Forget what?” I tucked the phone between my shoulder and my ear.

The reality show today?”

Reality show?” I repeated slowly, looking through my closet for something decent to wear. I took out a large gray t-shirt out of my closet when my brain just registered what I just said.
“Reality show?!” I burst out. “It's today?!”
I heard a sigh on the other line. “Yeah, at 8am. The crew is probably on their way over their now.”

I scrambled to my senses and sped out out of room to find Saylan vacuuming the now-clean living area, NiRa putting dishes from the previous night away, and Rynn putting the laundry away.

Wha—what's this?” I asked. The dorm last night was a mess, but this morning it was straightened up.
Kyran slung his arm around my shoulder. “You can thank me. I kind of woke them up and told them to get cleaning.”
Saylan scowled.

Really?” I looked at him skeptically.

No, that's my job,” Rynn same up next to him and flicked him on the back of his head, making him flinch.
I rolled my eyes, but managed a smile. “Well, whoever it was, thanks.”

What's this show for anyway?” Kyran flopped down on a nearby couch.

It's for MTV,” Rynn tucked the laundry basket into a hall closet. “Didn't you read the script?”
“Of course I did!” Kyran sat up.

Rynn raised an eyebrow.

We're supposed to tag along with a band for a day,” NiRa supplied, handing me a glass of juice.

Oh, really?!” Kyran looked excited. “I'm hanging out with the Big Bang hyungs!”

I patted his fluffy dark hair. “Sorry, but we're being assigned a band.”

I returned to my room, changed clothes, and returned just to hear a doorbell.
Everyone in the room froze.

I'll get it,” Saylan finally broke the silence and pulled the door open.

Oh, anneyonghaseyo,” Saylan bowed and stepped back to allow the camera crew into the dorm.
“Anneyonghaseyo, we are the Archangels!” The four of us greeted the cameras, smiling and waving for the cameras.
The director gestured for us to take our seats on the leather couches, and we took our places, feeling both nervous and excited at the same time. Parts of the script was reeling in my head, and I could only hope that we did everything right.
“Yay, our mission card!” NiRa beamed, being handed a bright yellow envelope from one of the staff. “I wonder what it is!”

She put on a smile for the camera as she handed it to me, knowing perfectly well was it was.
I held the envelope in my hands, tore off the top, and unfolded the piece of paper that was inside. I felt the cameras zoom in on me as I read it aloud:

Each member of the Archangels will hang out with one other idol band for 24 hours. The bands will be randomly chosen. After the 24 hours, an interview will be held during next week's episode of Strong Heart.”

I looked up from reading the paper, and one of the staff held out 5 blue cards, face down in her hands. She nodded for us to choose one at a@ time.

Ladies first,” Saylan gestured to Nira and me.

NiRa reached out and took the one in the middle, and I chose the one on the end.

Your turn!” I said, and the boys chose their cards. I resisted the urge to flip the cards over until the director motioned for us to do so.
I glanced at the others' cards before spotting the name that was written on mine. “2PM”.

Next to me, Kyran punched the air. “Yes, Big Bang!”
I rolled my eyes. “How about you, NiRa?”
She beamed. “2NE1 unnies!”

I'm going with U-Kiss,” Rynn spoke up.
Saylan whooped. “Beast hyungs, here I come!”

I leaned forward in my chair. “Alright, guys. So, this is the band we're hanging out with. Before we call them and let them know we picked them, does anyone want to do any trading?”
They looked around at each other. Rynn shook his head, and NiRa clutched her card tighter.
“No one?” I asked. “Okay, then---”
“Wait!”

Kyran warily raised his hand. “Actually, I think I want to trade....”
Saylan rolled his eyes. “Hyung! Earlier you said that you wanted to choose them!”

Kyran smiled sheepishly and shifted in his seat. “Well, actually....I think JiYong hyung is still mad at me for breaking his guitar.......”
 

 

 

What do you want to do?
 

Stay with 2PM as your choice (chapter 47)

Switch with Kyran and go with Big Bang (chapter 46)