Walk home

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

Rynn and I decided to go ahead and walk home. Besides, didn't the bus ride risk recognition? I insisted on helping Rynn at least carry the milk, and after a while, he realized that his arms were getting tired and let me carry a bag.

You're too nice, you know?” I said as we crossed the street.
He laughed. “Nice to know you think so.”
There was silence between us for a few minutes, since we were stuck in that awkward position with nothing to say. I hummed the tune of our latest song, and after a few lines, Rynn began to join in.
“You would,” I scoffed when he began to sing softly.

He shrugged. “Beat's your singing.”
“What?” put my hands on my hips in mock anger. “I think I sing just fine!”

He looked at me skeptically then began to sing a line from a song and purposely cracked his voice in the middle, imitating my last performance when I had received criticism when my voice broke unexpectedly.
“Hey!” I swatted him with my free hand, and he jumped out of the way.

We both laughed.

That's only happened to me once!” I insisted. “It's not like you've never messed up before.”
He laughed softly. “I'm just messing with you. You're an amazing singer.”
“OMG, thanks!” I said in English, perfectly imitating high school kids in the U.S.

This makes him laugh harder.

The two of us turned a street corner. Now I could see that our dorm was just in view. The building was much taller than I remembered it, but of course, I was just the same when we had left it last year.

We had been promoting a lot in the U.S. that it had been a while since we've stayed in Seoul.
Rynn chuckled.

I him. “What?”
He pointed to one of the upper floors. “I can see Saylan from here.”

I looked up, and for sure I could see Saylan's figure waving at us from the large windows.
“Sheesh, that's unverving,” I said. “People can see us from all the way down here? So that's how those fan girls know where we live....”
I made binoculars with my hands and pointed up in the direction of our window, and the two of us laughed, since this was probably true.

Here we are,” Rynn said, pulling the door open for me as I walked in.

We took the elevator to our dorm number, and when we came up to our room, Rynn pressed his index finger on the keypad, which had been enabled with fingerprint scanning for security purposes. It was a common method used with idol dorms, and many bands had chosen to get them installed for further security.

I turned the handle with my free hand and pushed the door open.

Saylan had returned to watching TV from creeping on us, and NiRa had just come out of a hot shower.
“Oh, yay, food's here!” Saylan beamed and jumped onto one of the bar stools for the granite counter.
“Whoa, whoa,” I took the plastic bag away from him. “You have to cook.”
He pouted.

I held out the bag of meat. “Your turn, pal. Rynn and I went to get the food.”
He groaned. “Fine, fine. Kyran! Get your out here and help me!”
Kyran came out of his room. We each had our own rooms in the 6 bedroom dorm, and the last and largest room was used as a closet to hold all of our clothes.

Yeah?” he leaned on the counter top.
“Help,” Saylan was in the process of making a marinade for the meat, adding all the spices and herbs. I didn't understand why he was too lazy to cook since he was the chef out of all of us.
While the boys were cooking in the kitchen, I went into the bathroom that NiRa and I shared to take a hot shower and get ready for bed. About out an hour later, my stomach was growling, and just in time, Saylan announced that dinner was to be served. We piled rice from the rice cooker into individual steel bowls and helped ourselves to Saylan's marvelous cooking.

Saylan cleared his throat loudly when we had all gathered to eat.
I looked up. “Thanks Saylan.” And he looked pleased.
“Whoa, whoa, I helped too!” Kyran objected.

I rolled my eyes. “Fine. Thanks Kyran.”

You're welcome,” he said, and began eating.

Sheesh. Boys.
 

Next chapter  (chapter 38)