EXO-m's dorm

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

Alright, I think I'll come by your dorm,” I said, and both Kris and LuHan smiled. 
“You guys are welcome too!” LuHan called in my other band mates' direction.

Okay, we'll go after today's shooting is done,” I was able to speak once the make-up staff were finished re-touching my make-up.

I suddenly felt a hand on my arm, and I spun to see Kyran pointing back to the set, where everyone was getting ready for the next scene.
I sent Kris an apologetic smile. “Sorry, I have to go...”

He shook his head and waved my off with a grin. “Go ahead. I'd better get going anyway. See you later!”

And with that, he strode away and was soon out of sight.
“Xyla-sshi! We're starting!” the director called. I hurried over and took my position on the bench. This was the scene where I was supposed to be crying and Kim Jaehoo, aka LuHan, was supposed to comfort me.
I sat on the bench and I forced a lump in my throat to rise. My vision was suddenly cloudy with tears, and I blinked several times for tears to form.
“Action!”

LuHan slowly strode up to me, he bent down quietly. “Are you okay?”

I bit my lip and didn't say anything.
“Don't let what he says go to your head,” LuHan said quietly. “He's just like that.”

Silence. He bent down and picked up the novel that was sitting in the dust, putting it on the bench next to me.

He took the broken glasses from his pockets and carefully laid them on top of the book. I carefully glanced over, and I made my lip tremble.
“Sorry about your glasses,” LuHan said quietly.
I sniffed and swallowed hard. “Don't be. It's not your fault.”
LuHan gave me a reassuring smile and chuckled softly. “Well, at least you stood up to him. We need more people like you around here. No Woohyun is used to getting what he wants.”

I didn't say anything.
“I've seen you around school before,” he said. “What's your name? You're in my class, right?”
I nodded slowly. “I'm L-Lee MinHyun.”

LuHan beamed. “Cool. I'm--”

Kim JaeHoo!” I blurted out, then quickly covered my mouth. My character was supposed to have a crush on this guy.
LuHan laughed good naturedly. “Hey, you do know me!”
I made my face flush red, then nodded slowly.
“Here, take this,” LuHan took out a Snickers bar from his pocket. “You need this more than I do.”

I looked up and saw him holding out the candy bar in his hand. I froze. In this part, it would cut to a flashback scene.

G-gomawo,” I bowed and took the candy. I stared at it for a while.

LuHan raised an eyebrow. “What's wrong? Don't you like those?”

I waved my hands. “No, no! It's not that! It's just that....Snickers bars, they....remind me of someone.....”
He grinned. “A boyfriend?”
I bit the corner of my lip. “Um, no, not exactly...” I shifted on the bench and shook my head. “Nevermind, it's a long story. Sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up....”

LuHan linked his fingers and put his hands behind his head, leaning back in the chair. “No, no. It's okay...Come on, tell me. I've got time....”

I paused, turning to face him. His light hair glowed golden in the sunlight, and the way his hair just fell over his eyes....

I—well,” I shifted in my seat. “No WooHyun was right. I am an o-orphan.” I stumbled on the word. LuHan winced in sympathy, but my eyes widened. “No, it's okay! I like where I am now. The family that took me in is really nice....”

I paused, and he gave me an encouraging smile to be go on, and I felt my face flush.

I was in this orpahage in Busan,” I continued. “The first week I was there, I always hid in the garden, next to the rosebushes, where no one could find me...”
I looked up right on cue, and LuHan nodded sympathetically.
“...but one day, someone came up to me—a boy—he told me not to be sad. And he gave me...” I glanced at the candy bar in my hand. “...a Snickers bar.”
LuHan leaned forward. “This orphanage...it wouldn't be called...Nae Won Orphanage, would it?”
I widened my eyes. “What? You know that place?”

He nodded. “You—didn't happen to be, like, 5, when this happened, did you?”
I nodded wordlessly.

LuHan dropped his gaze, calculating.

I frowned. “You, wouldn't be that boy that was there, were you...?”
“CUT!”

Director Choi was absolutely beaming and both LuHan and I stood up.
“That was great! You guys work together so perfectly! How do you do it?” he asked.
I curled a strand of hair away from my face, shrugging.

LuHan put a hand on my shoulder. “I guess we just have chemistry!”
Director Choi laughed. “Well, I think you two are done for the day. We have some scenes we need to do with Rynn, Saylan, NiRa, and Kyran. You two are done for the day. We'll do some more work tomorrow.”
LuHan and I looked at each other. “Really?”

Director Choi, nodded, scribbling some notes down on a script he was holding. “Sure. You guys can head home if you want.”

Oh, okay,” I bowed. “See you tomorrow, then!”
The rest of my band was in make-up, where stylists were getting ready for the scenes they were going to film next.

I peeked into the room. NiRa was going over the script, and the boys were getting their hair styled.
“Guys, I'm going ahead with LuHan,” I called, and they turned their heads, making some of the stylists scold them.
“Okay, we'll catch up with you later!” Saylan called, facing the mirror once again.
“Bye! Good luck!” I called into the room before leaving to catch up with LuHan, who was waiting by his van.
He beamed upon seeing me. “Nice work today.”
I smiled. “Thanks. Come on, let's go. I think the rest of EXO Is waiting for us.”
We sat in the van and were soon driving down the road. LuHan sat back in his seat and rubbed his eyes.
I winced. “Tired?”

He nodded, then let out a sigh. “It's okay. I think some food will perk me right up. We'll head to the dorm first, then your friends can meet us there. When we have everyone, we can go get food.”
I smiled, looking out the window. “Sounds good.”

We drove for a while, both of us tired and sleepy, so we didn't say anything much. We parked in front of the dorm, and LuHan lead the way.
“This is EXO's dorm?” I asked.
He nodded. “Kris hyung, MinSeok—whoops, XiuMin—and I share a room. Then YiXing—oh, my bad, Lay, and Jongdae, or Chen, share.”

I frowned. “What about the maknae?”
“Oh, Tao lives alone,” LuHan said.

I laughed. “Really?”
H nodded. “Yeah, but he comes over a lot and shares the room with Kris. He kicks me out of my bed, so I sometimes have to sleep in the other room...”
He knocked on the door, and soon it was pulled open, and Xiumin's smiling face appeared.

Oh, HyeRa~!” he grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug. “Kris gege said you would be coming over!”
“Yeah?” I stepped into the dorm. “Hi guys!”

The rest of the members sprang up from watching TV and ran over to greet me.

Anneyong!” Lay waved. “We were going to cook for you, but Kris said you were coming really last minute--”
I waved my hands at him. “No, no, you don't have to do that! We'll just go out for dinner, okay?”

He nodded the frowned. “Where's everyone else?”

They're still filming,” I explained. “But they'll be here in a while, I think....”


 
Dinner with EXO-M (chapter 51)