The Fight

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

 “You're kidding me, right?” I looked out the window, and it was pouring rain. Big, gray, clouds filled the sky, but luckily, we were shooting a scene indoors today.

Okay, Rynn-sshi, you're allowed to be as mean as you want in this scene, alright?” Director Choi was talking to Rynn, who was surrounded by stylists hurrying to fix his hair and make-up.

Rynn nodded.

I think you could be more aggressive,” Director Choi said. “It feels like you're holding back....”
Rynn bowed a little. “Jwehsonghapnida. I'll try to do better.”
Director Choi gave him a soft smile. “I'm sure you will. Filming starts in 5 minutes!”

All the staff that was getting ready worked a little faster to get ready for this next scene. DongHo was pacing nervously, murmuring his lines that he thought he was going to forget. Lucky for him, he didn't have to be in this scene. Not yet, at least.

I took my place at the bottom of a staircase, my books sprawled out over the landings. NiRa and Kyran were already waiting there, dressed in the navy and white school uniforms they were supposed to wear. The staircase was empty except for the three of us, and the wall clock was reset to display the time. 9:30PM.

ACTION!”

Kyran, NiRa, and I were supposed to be playing students that were staying late after school. Exams were coming up, and the study hall classrooms as well as the libraries were filled. Being late, the three of us had to resort to studying in the staircase.

I flipped a textbook open, scanning the page like the script told me to. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kyran studying diligently and NiRa jotting down notes. After a while, NiRa sat back with a sigh.

I'm so tired,” she yawned. “I think I'd better go home.”
Kyran barely looked up from his books. “Do you have a ride?”

She nodded, stuffing the books into her leather backpack. “I'll see you guys tomorrow. Don't forget about that essay, alright MinHyun?”

I nodded. “Bye! See you!”

She waved, then disappeared through a door.

I stretched my arms and cracked my neck. I heard the doors open and looked up from reading, thinking that NiRa had returned.

Well, well, who do we have here?” a voice echoed in the empty space.

I dropped my gaze. “...No Woohyun...”

....Park JiWook...” I heard Kyran breathe.

Saylan and Rynn climbed the steps and were soon standing in front of us. Saylan put his hands in his pockets and Rynn crossed his arms.

What are you doing here? The library not good enough for you two?” Saylan's voice was ominously quiet.

I bit the side of my lip. “N-No, we just--”
“Well, Minhyun-ah,” Rynn smirked and put a hand on my shoulder. I flinched, just enough for the cameras to see. “Why don't you come with us? There's this really awesome party going on tonight...”

Yeah, you should come,” Saylan purred. “Assuming your pathetic excuse for a boyfriend here won't mind.”

She's not my girlfriend!” Kyran snarled. “And take you greasy hands off of her!”

Rynn paused, slowly taking his hand off my shoulder. He turned his head slowly towards Kyran, and his dark eyes seemed to glow in the poor light. At this point, he was menacing, reminding me of an animal that waited for its prey in the bushes.

What did you say?” Rynn asked quietly, and Kyran stood up.
“You heard me!” Kyran stood up, the books on his lap crumpling to ground. “I'm sick of you two jerks picking on us all the time! Get your hands off of her.”

Rynn moved so fast, I thought I would have missed it if I had blinked.

He grabbed Kyran by the collar of his shirt and twisted, pulling Kyran's face closer to his. “Say that again. I dare you.”

You're two are a bunch of ba—” Kyran began.

Rynn threw a punch so fast, I barely saw his arm swing.
“CUT!”

Rynn let go of Kyran at once and stepped back. Kyran put his hand to his throat with a grin. He clapped Rynn on the shoulder.

Nice one, Rynn,” he laughed. “I didn't think you had that anger in you.”

Rynn shrugged. “I try.”

Kyran made his way back down the stairs, and make-up staff immediately swarmed him to paint a fake bruise on his eye where Rynn had supposedly hit him.
“Xyla-sshi!” Director Choi called from near the camera. “Try to look a little more heartbroken. He's hitting your best friend!”

I nodded with determination.

A little while later, Kyran climbed up the stairs again and took his place next to Rynn.

ACTION!”


Rynn threw the punch again, missing on purpose. Kyran crumpled to the ground, and I let out a stifled shriek before I could stop myself. I lashed out o help him, but I felt Saylan grip my upper arm.

Kyran steadily got to his feet, but Rynn “punched” him again, hard, before he rose to his full height, making him fall to the floor again.
“You're going to be so sorry you mouthed off to us,” Rynn spat, grabbing Kyran by a fistful of hair. Kyran winced, and Rynn threw him off the staircase.

JiHyun!” I screamed, my voice echoing on the cement ceilings.

 

Next Chapter (coming soon)