Accept the Strong Heart proposal

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREPujYSd4k0-lH0dngM_L

 

The five of us were being fitted with microphones backstage just as the show was about to start. We still didn't know who the other guests were going to be, at it seemed rude to interrupt the staff while they were busy, so we just kept our traps shut.

5 minutes later, we were standing on these platforms under the stage that were to rise up at the same time to make a really cool entrance.

....special guests of the day....the Archangels!”

We were expecting at least a second, but suddenly the platforms sprung up, and we were pushed upward, and by surprise, we kind of jumped. It looked pretty cool.
“Oh~!” Lee Dong Wook, the new host of Strong Heart clapped loudly as the five of us took our seats. We gave high-fives to Leeteuk and Eunhyuk, regulars on the show, who sat in the seats behind us.
“And now, our other guests, who just released their new album, MAMA, it's....EXO-K!”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVCRUuGWuDC2iwFyIp7Tt

The 6 boys came out from the back, and each of them took a seat next to one of the Archangels. I smiled at Chanyeol, who took his assigned seat right next to me, and he returned the smile. His hair was styled to be really curly and he was wearing a pair of fake glasses.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFhwMNxptfnxzPgR-A6Ag

Cute glasses,” I said, and he slung his arm around my shoulder as we clapped to start the beginning of the show.

 

Alright...well I guess everyone's here, so we can start.” Dongwook-sshi began.
“Ne,” I said. “We're staying for the summer to do some promotions...”

Oh, really?” SuHo asked.

I guess you'll be seeing a lot of EXO this summer then, huh?” Dongwook pointed out.

Laughs from the audience, and a few EXO members, Kyran, and I joined in as well.

Okay, so...Xyla-sshi,” Dongwook began. “What are you going to talk about today?”

I glanced at the dry erase board that stood next to me where I had carefully written the words “STAGE FRIGHT”.

Well, um, y'know, being in the entertainment business...” I began. “We've had to do a lot of performances...”
SeHun and Saylan nodded for me to continue.
“And there was this one particular concert in Nagasaki, Japan...”

Suddenly, Rynn, Kyran, and Saylan began to laugh loudly and clap their hands, making the EXO members, Baekhyun and D.O., jump.
“What, Kyran-sshi?” asked Dongwook. “Is it really that funny?”
Saylan opened his mouth to say something, but then burst into another round of laughter, burying his head in his hands.
I spun around in my seat and looked at him.
“Yah, Saylan-ah!” I called and bit the side of my lip to keep from joining in with their laughter. “You're making it hard for me to continue...”
He got a hold of himself. “Araso, araso. Mian~”

Well, this concert was really, really big,” I continued while everyone sat in rapt attention. “One of the biggest concerts we ever had. So, of course we were nervous. We've been doing this for a while, but still. It was pretty intimidating...”
Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Leeteuk and SuHo nodded attentively.

...So, the five of us were backstage before the show...” I motioned to my band mates. “...and Kyran...”

I glanced back at him. He lauged in recollection. “...was the most nervous. I don't know why, but he just was...”
“Oh, jjinja?” Eunhyuk frowned.
“Aish,” said Dongwook. “Let her continue! This is getting interesting!”

I laughed and bowed appreciatively. “So, when we went up to that stage. There were so many people. NiRa and I were so touched by all the light sticks that filled the whole room, we began to tear up a little. Then, behind us, Kyran, went all stiff, and right there, he...he...”

Kai laughed. “What did he do?”
I glanced quickly between Kyran and the host, but Kyran smiled good naturedly and gestured for me to go on, although he had gone a little red.
“He...peed.”

A roar of laughter from everyone in the room, including Kyran.
“Wah, jjinja, Kyran-sshi?” Dongwook asked.

Yah, Kyran-ah!” Eunhyuk called from the back. “I have less respect for you now!”

Kyran laughed, and Eunhyuk made a “just kidding” gesture.
Dongwook clapped. “Well that was really interesting! Kyran-sshi? Why were you so nervous?”
Kyran scratched the back of his head. “There were so many people there! Every one of them was screaming our names, and it was touching...we never expected to go this far in the business, especially being so young!”
“Why'd you pee?” Chanyeol asked.

Kyran muttered something inaudible.
“Aigoo, Kyran-sshi!” Dongwook called. “Speak up!”

The noonas woudn't let me go to the bathroom...she said there wasn't enough time!”
Another round of laughter.

Well, EXO,” began Dongwook. “You just debuted. Did you guys have any embarassing stage fright moments?”
The boys from EXO looked at each other.
“No one?” Dongwook asked. “Well, Kai-sshi, why don't you say something?”
Kai shifted uncomfortably in the chair. “Well, while dancing, we make mistakes...and although it seems minor to us...fans like to post the videos on the internet and point it out. Most of the time it's funny and they just think we're being cute, but sometimes, there are some harsh words...”
Several people nodded understandingly.

So does that impact your next performance?” Dongwook asked.
Kai smiled. “Ani-yo. We're performers. If we have haters, then its unfortunate, but there's nothing we can do.”

Well said!” I called and clapped my hands, making him flash a brilliant smile.

Okay, well, let's see!” Dongwook interrupted. “Let's see who has to face the punishment today!”
Kai winced, knowing that he would get the punishment, since my story seemed more interesting than his.

Suddenly a large, powerful gust of air blew out of the hose right in front of me, making my hair blow everywhere, and I almost fell back if Kai, who was sitting right behind me with Kyran, didn't catch me.

Yah, what was that for?!” I laughed and hurried to fix my hair.

Oh, was Kai-sshi's story more interesting than Xyla's?” asked SuHo.
Dongwook shook his head. “Ani! Her's was more interesting...”
“They why did you blow this air on me?!” I asked.

It feels good to blow air on the leader of the most famous band in the world,” he shrugged. “Good for ratings!”
Everyone laughed, and I couldn't help but smile. “YAH!”

 

Go to the next activity: The mini concert  (chapter 23)