Whatever. Fans are fans.

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

I rolled my eyes. “What will they think of next?”

NiRa laughed. “It's just a coincidence. Don't worry about it.”

You're right,” I suddenly yawned. I checked what time it was and it was already late.
“I think I'm gonna turn in,” I said, and NiRa nodded. “Same.”

Okay, see you tomorrow then,” I turned and closed the door to NiRa's room behind me.
The boys were still watching their movie, and it seemed to be at the because all three of them were leaning forward in their chairs.

Night guys!” I called before disappearing into my room.

I closed the door behind me and lay down on my bed. I glanced at the cabinet drawer that was now storing my ring.
I softly laughed to myself. “Fans.”

I clicked off the light, and instantly my room went pitch-black. I yawned and snuggled under the covers, sighing. Today was a long day. I thought I was supposed to be vacation. But according to our manager, I guess it was pretty short compared to our promotions in the U.S. A sudden uneasiness came over me. I sat up, thinking. I had the awkward feeling that I forgot something. Did I leave my phone somewhere? I glanced at my drawer. Nope, it's still there. I know that I'm supposed to do something. Something my manager told us we were going to do. I decided to call him and ask, but the time that was shown on my clock forced me to wait until the morning.

After a few minutes, I laid down, shrugging off the thought. My eye lids became heavy, and I yawned again. Within a while, I rolled over and was fast asleep.

**********

The next morning, I was awakened by the doorbell. I peeked out from under my blankets. Did I imagine it? Probably. I rolled over and closed my eyes again, but the doorbell was still ringing.

I groaned after the 3rd time it rang.

Okay, okay, I'm coming....” I muttered and heaved myself out of bed.
I crossed the living room and made my way to the front door. I unlocked the door, pulling off the chain and turning the key.

Yeah...?” I rubbed my eyes. I looked up and saw the video camera that was inches from my face.

I froze. The camera man just continued filming, but another man, the PD director, gestured to the plaque of cardboard that was fastened to the video camera, I stood on my toes to get a better look.
“THANK YOU FOR WAKING ME UP^^”, it read.
I groaned in my head. So this was that uneasy feeling I had last night.
“Annyeonghaseyo,” I greeted the camera, giving a small bow. “But maybe you should come back another time, we forgot--” I began to close the door, but the PD Director stuck his foot in the doorway. There were a few other people waiting outside, too. The film crew, and among them, our manager, who was quietly overlooking this whole show.

I sighed, and muttered quietly. “Okay, okay, come in....”
I opened the door wider and led the crew into the living room, then to the other bedrooms.

Passing by the mirror, I caught a glance of myself, and was suddenly aware of my appearance. Like every other morning, but usually hidden from the public eye, my hair was sticking up in every direction, fluffy and frizzy. I was wearing a huge, broken-in t-shirt that a fan had given to me that was so long, it could have been a dress. I was also wearing dark cotton athletic shorts that were pretty short. I subconsciously pulled my shirt up a little and tied it, making sure people knew that I had shorts underneath.

This is our dorm,” I said, gesturing the living area, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom doors.

I watched the camera spin around, and in that split second, I used it to at least tame my hair a little. When the camera focused on me again, I led the crew to the bedroom right next to mine.
“Um, this is NiRa's room, the maknae,” I stopped knocked twice before pushing the door open.

NiRa was buried under a pile of blankets. As I came closer, I saw she was wearing pink flannel pants and a tank top.
“NiRa...” I pulled the blankets off of her. “Wake up....”

She murmured something then rolled over, turning her back towards me.
“Yah, get up....” I hit her head softly with a pillow, and she sat up, her eyes barely open.
She spotted the camera crew, but it didn't register in her brain until a few seconds, when she suddenly pulled the blanket over her head.
She greeted the camera from under the blankets, covering her messy hair.
“Come on,” I helped her out of bed and handed her a brush. “We have to go wake up the others.”
She nodded, and the two of us, followed by the crew, went over to the bedroom across the hall, since the bedroom next to NiRa's was the one we used as a closet.
“This is Saylan's room,” NiRa gave the door a sharp tap then pushed the door open.
Saylan was softly snoring in his bed. His hand was dropping over the edge, but the other was tucked under his head. NiRa came closer, and cautiously pulled off his blankets.
“At least he's fully dressed,” I heard NiRa say with a sigh.
I laughed, knowing that it was true. Out of all the guys, Saylan was the one that liked to sleep with less clothing. It was a good thing I cranked up the airconditioning last night.
“Yah!” NiRa mercilessly brought a pillow down on Saylan's head.

He sat up immediately, rubbing his eyes. “Wha-what's going on?”
I looked at the camera crew, who looked slightly shocked by NiRa's wake up tactics.

It's the only way to wake him up,” I explained as Saylan got out of bed in his basketball shorts and t-shirt.
As NiRa and I led the camera to the next room, I saw Saylan try to sneak back into bed, but was scolded and told to participate in the show my our manager. He sighed, then grumpily followed.

Rynn!” I called, knocking on the next door with my fist.

You have to call him like this,” NiRa said. “He doesn't like it when people just suddenly burst into his room. If he doesn't reply in 10 seconds, we usually just barge in.”
3...2...1....

We push the door open. Rynn was still fast asleep under his covers, curled up in the corner farthest away from us, next to the wall. I gently sat on his bed and reached out to wake him when he suddenly sat up and looked around.
His dark hair was fluffy upon waking up. He spotted the camera and greeted it, bowing. “Anneyonghaseyo. Thanks for waking me up.”

He got out out of bed, and I realized that he was wearing his good pajamas. Usually, he goes to bed in his boxers and a tank top, like Kyran usually does, but this morning he was in flannel pants and a t-shirt. As he walked towards me, I spotted something shiny on his index finger. The ring? What would he wearing that for? I unexpectedly felt my face flush, so I awkwardly cleared my throat. 

I guess you remembered was today was,” I muttered to him, following NiRa out of the room with the camera right behind her.
“I guess you didn't,” he replied, glancing at my attire.

I pouted. He gave me a small smile.

Yah, why is the maknae waking everyone up?” NiRa called from standing in front of Kyran's door.
We hurried to the door, but Saylan practically threw himself against the door, making the rest of us laugh.
“10 U.S. bucks says Kyran remembered,” Saylan said, regaining himself and standing next to me.
“You're on,” I nodded.

Same here, but make it a hundred.” came Rynn's quiet voice next to us.
“Deal,” Saylan and I said.

NiRa rolled her eyes then pushed the door open.

Kyran was covered in his blankets, wrapped up in some kind of cocoon. I poked him with my finger, but he didn't even budge.
“And this is the hardest member to wake up,” I said, shoving him a little more.

He mumbled something, but didn't get up.
“Kyran hyung~!” Saylan suddenly jumped on top of him, making the mattress shake.
Kyran groaned and pushed him off, covering his head with a blanket.

Hyung, I'm hungry!” Saylan whined. “Just get up so we can get food~!”

I felt Rynn disappear beside me, so I stuck my head out the door to see what he was doing. I saw him turn a corner then reappearing with a vacuum.

I laughed. “Seriously?”
He shurgged. “I'm hungry too. The sooner he gets up, the sooner this wake up show can be over and we can get some food.”
He wheeled the vacuum cleaner in the room while I plugged it into the nearest socket. After a small click, it roared to life, but Kyran just rolled over.

JoHyun-ah!” Rynn called, and Kyran sat up immediately.
“Yah, I'm your hyung!” he said. “Why are you being so informal?”
“And I'm younger than both of you,” I pulled Kyran out of bed. “But I don't call either of you oppa!”

Rynn put his hands up in surrender, and Kyran sighed.
“And that, everybody, is why Xyla here is the leader,” Saylan said to the camera.

NiRa nodded in approval. “But if it's anything that will get Kyran up, its being called by his real name.”

As Kyran stood in front of me, I just realized that he was just standing in his sweatpants and lacking a shirt.
“Aish, put a shirt on!” I said, throwing him the nearest one that lay neatly folded in the clean laundry basket. “No one needs to see that...”

Kyran laughed, slipping the shirt on. “Araso, araso.”

As I trudged back to the living room to wrap up the wake up show, I felt Saylan brush past me and leave a bill in my hand.
I looked at the bill, and beamed. “Thanks, Saylan!”

He looked sour as he handed another bill to Rynn.

And that's how to wake up a world-famous band. 

 

To our record label office Next Chapter (chapter 43)