Press Conference

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

You guys know what to say, right?” our manager asked as were being fitted with microphones.

The five of us nodded.
I looked glanced at the crowd. A lot of people had come to see us today. Not just reporters, but fans had come as well, holding their posters and waving balloons.

So its just our plans this summer right?” Rynn confirmed.
“Yeah, just that. You know, promotions for the next few months, involvement in fashion photo shoots. Stuff like that. You know the drill,” our manager said.

So...should we just not say anything about anything else? Just that?” NiRa asked.

He rubbed the back of his neck. “Well, I guess it's up to you. If you feel comfortable answering them, then go ahead. I trust you guys, so I'm sure you can make up your minds.”
5 minutes later, we were standing behind a long table, with placards with our names. Photographers lined up in the first row, furiously taking pictures like we were some kind of national monument.
“Anneyonghaseyo! We are the...Archangels!” we bowed at the same time, and waved.

I'm Xyla, the leader of the Archangels.”
“Anneyonghaseyo, I'm Rynn!”
“I'm the Archangels awesome rapper, Kyran!”
“Hi! I'm Saylan!”
“Anneyong, I'm the Archangels maknae, NiRa!”

We stood for about a minute for pictures before taking our seats.
“As you've heard, we're going to be staying in South Korea, Japan, and China for the next 3 months as part of our summer vacation.”

Cheers from the fans.

We're going to be involved in promotions for our latest all-Korean album, 'In the Rain' as well as C.F.s for the clothing line, Andromeda,” I continued.

We're also going to be participating in more fan service, as well as several small concerts in South Korea and Japan,” NiRa explained.

After explaining a little more into detail of what we were going to do this summer, it was time to answer questions from the press and fans.

Kyran-sshi,” began the first reporter. “Is there going to be more music videos soon?”
“Yes, there will be,” he replied, and I stifled laughter at how proper he was being. Usually its a “yeah” “or “uh-huh”.

Xyla unnie!” a fan called. “Is it true you came back to South Korea because of someone special?”

I paused.
“Um...sorry. What?” I thought I had misheard. Did she say someone special?
“There have been rumors going around...is it true? There's a guy?” she asked.
The whole room looked back at me, staring and hanging onto every word that I was to say.
I laughed to get rid of the ominous tension.
“No those rumors aren't true,” I said carefully. “I don't think I've met that someone special. Not yet anyway.”

Murmuring amongst the crowd, and some scattered cheering from male fans.
I cleared my throat awkwardly. “Um, next question, please.”

The conference went on slowly and steadily, and the room became stuffy with heat. The moment it was over, the five of us almost had to run to the exit to get some fresh air.

Ahh, that's better,” I said, breathing in deep lungfuls of air.
“Nice handling on that question,” Kyran said, coming up next to me.
I blinked. “What question?”

Kyran nudged me. “Yah, you know exactly what I'm talking about.”

I rolled my eyes.

So it's true? You don't like anyone?” he asked. “You don't like me?”
He came in front of me and did his best aegyo. “Buing buing~!”

Aish, go away,” I laughed. “You guys know what I mean. Fans are fans. They probably just think that 'cause the paparazzi put up pictures hanging with our friends...”
“Xyla unnie!” NiRa called, and Kyran and I spun around.
“Let's go for a walk,” she said. “Just for a little bit, before our next schedule.”

Saylan and Rynn came up next to her.

This whole street's filled with stuff to do,” Saylan pointed out. “You pick, Xyla. Where do you want to go?”

 

 

What do you want to do?

Go down the left road  (chapter 22)

Go down the right road (chapter 21)