Hospital

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

 “She's waking up, she's waking up!”

I stirred, my eyes barely daring to open in the sudden bright light.

My head was aching, and when I took a breath, the distinct smell of antiseptic filled my nose, almost making me gag. I sat up, faster than I had meant to, and I felt different hands grab me and help me lay back.

I opened my eyes again and my sluggish brain was able to recognize the first face I saw.
“Kyran....” I breathed. I swallowed, almost to afraid too ask. “Wha-what happened?”
Kyran breathed a sigh of relief. “Thank God you're okay. When I found you, they were---” he stopped himself, and managed a soft smile. “You hang in there, Yoon leader.”

Rynn...” I turned to Rynn, who had been sitting by my bed, his head buried in his arms. When he looked up, he was a startling pale; all the color had been drained from his face. “...are you okay?”
I saw him swallow, and he nodded slowly. “HyeRa....”

A lump caught in my throat. He rarely called me that. Was it really that bad?
“....they hurt you really bad, didn't they?” he managed to say through clenched teeth.
I struggled to recall what happened before my mind out, but nothing came to me, other than feeling pain. I felt a sudden, burning feeling somewhere inside my head, and a wave of nausea fell over me.
“Whoa, whoa,” Saylan suddenly appeared at my side, pushing Kyran and Rynn further back. “Lay back, HyeRa....”

He pushed a few buttons and I felt my bed recline a few inches.

I felt another hand on my arm, and I saw NiRa standing over me, her lips pressed together in determination. “Unnie, stay still. I'll call a nurse.”
I don't remember what happened next, because I fell into unconsciousness one again.

**************

 

She's so pretty when her eyes are closed like that.”

Aish, Yoseob, she's unconscious, that's why--”

Not so close, GiKwang....”

Hyung, put these over there...”
“How long has she been out?”
I slowly opened my eyes, and I saw familiar faces gazing down at me. Upon seeing me wake up, they all broke into smiles.

Ugh, my head....” I put a hand to my temple. “I feel like I've been hit by a truck....”
YoSeob smiled a little. “Hang on, I'll get Rynn and Kyran....” he turned and disappeared from sight.

That was quite a stunt there,” GiKwang said, sitting on the side of my bed, careful not to sit on any of the tubes in my arm. DuJoon quickly yanked him off, and GiKwang pouted.
“No, no, it's okay...” I said, and I grabbed the bars next to the bed, gently pulling myself to a sitting position, but at once, Dongwoon and JunHyung lashed out at the same time.
“I don't think you should be sitting up yet....” Dongwoon said and I leaned back onto my bed with a sigh.
“Don't worry,” I gave them a weak smile. “I don't feel like passing out anytime soon.”

JunHyung looked wary, but he slowly pushed a button, and the bed came up a few inches.
YoSeob, Rynn and Saylan reappeared in my room, both their faces flooded with relief. They came closer, and immediately the Beast members made room.

I frowned. “Where's NiRa and Kyran?”

They're outside talking with the police. They're still--” Saylan began, but Rynn sent him a stern look.

He chuckled nervously then gave me a smile. “Don't worry about it. Just lie down and relax some more.”

I flopped my head back onto my pillow. It didn't seem to be aching too much anymore, but I still felt sore all over.
GiKwang stood up. “Well, I think we'd better go...we just wanted to make sure you were okay.”
Hyunseung nodded. “Yeah. We brought some really good tea, but I don't think you should drink anything with the I.V.s still in....”

He gestured to the tubes that were in my arm.

I nodded. “Thanks guys. Really. I would give you all a hug right now if I didn't feel so sore...”

JunHyung and YoSeob smiled. “No problem. Get well soon!”

The six Beast members turned and left my room, each waving goodbye. I watched them pull the door open, but once they did, all of their eyes seemed to widen, and they began bowing and greeting people.

I sat up. “Is someone out there?”

Rynn adjusted my pillow and gave me a reassuring smile. “Don't worry about it. When you feel better, they can--”
The door suddenly burst open, making Rynn, Saylan, and me jump. Big Bang's SeungRi and Daesung came running in, both holding balloons that read “Get Well Soon”. SeungRi sat in the chair closest to my bed and scooted it over.

What are you guys doing here?” I asked, and I saw Rynn roll his eyes.

We came to see you!” Daesung said, tying the balloons behind the chair SeungRi was sitting on. “Do you know how worried we were?!”

Aish hyung,” Saylan nudged him. “Don't be so loud--”

--don't be so loud,” another voice said at the same time.

J-Jiyong oppa?” I asked, surprised at his appearance. “Tabi and Taeyang oppa too?”
Top came closer to me and patted my head gently. “Hanging in there?”
I smiled. “Yeah, thanks. I haven't seen you guys in a really long time, now all of you in one day?”
“HyeRa!” SeungRi pouted. “How come the Beast hoobaes got to see you first, huh? I thought we were your favorites!”

I laughed. “I--”
The door opened again, and NiRa appeared, putting her hands on here hips. “Yah,” she said, frowning but repressing a smile. “Times up. She can't have too much excitement. Especially with SeungRi and Daesung oppa making all that noise.”
Daesung and SeungRi smiled innocently.
G-Dragon smiled softly. He leaned forward and carefully kissed the top of my head, making my cheeks warm up.

Feel better,” he said, backing away. I nodded slowly.
“Call us when you're out of here, alright?” Taeyang gave me a reassuring grin. “And we'll catch up, alright?”
Rynn nodded. “Thanks, hyung.”
Big Bang waved their goodbyes, and soon the door closed again. But it wouldn't stay closed for long.

HyeRa!” a voice called and several figures skidded into the room.

I stared in disbelief as Kyuhyun, SungMin, DongHae, Eunhyuk, and Ryeowook filed in, all looking worried.

Guys, I told you she needed rest--” NiRa came into the room, blowing hair out of her face. She looked at me. “Unnie, is it okay...?”
I nodded. “Yeah, it's fine, they can stay.”

Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk put flowers by my bed and the others looked at me worriedly.

You okay?” DongHae finally asked.

I smiled. “Still in one piece.”
They didn't take too my joke as well as I did.

Sungmin went pale and Ryeowook's eyes widened.

I frowned and opened my mouth to say something, but Rynn spoke first.

Thanks for coming guys,” he said, breaking the silence.
“When we heard you got attacked by saesangs....” Kyuhyun clenched his teeth.

And in front of the SM building too....” Eunhyuk spoke up, his voice shaky.

How did you hear?” I asked, sitting up a little more.
“Leeteuk and YeSung hyung called the ambulance,” Ryeowook said, sitting down in a nearby chair. “They went out to say hi to the fans. We thought it would satisfy them a little so they would go away. But, we looked outside and saw the ambulances pulling up....”

Yesung hyung ran back to the dance studio and told us what happened....” Donghae said quietly.

Where are they now?” I asked.

Kyuhyun spoke up. “With the police. They had to do some paperwork as witnesses....”
I shifted uncomfortably in the bed. Was this that big of a deal. My gaze shifted from each of the members standing before me. I had never seen any of them look so pale. I had never seen DongHae and Ryeowook look like they were going to pass out before. Before me was some some of the strongest people I knew. And to bring them on the verge of anxiety....

Why were you out there anyway?” Kyuhyun frowned.
“I got a call from SeHun,” I said, my memory coming a little clearer. “He wanted me to come over because they needed more choreographers.”

The Super Junior members looked at each other.
Saylan frowned. “What's wrong?”
Kyuhyun went paler than normal. “Are you sure that's what he said?”

I nodded, sure of it. I couldn't remember much of what happened when I was attacked, but I was certain of the conversation between me and SeHun.

Why? What's wrong?” Rynn asked, starting to look anxious himself.
“As far as I know,” Sungmin said. “EXO wasn't in the dance studio today.”

 

Next chapter (Coming soon)