Go with Rynn

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

Here we are,” Rynn and I had been walking for about 15 minutes to the supermarket just down the road.
It wasn't late, but not early either. Maybe around 7:30pm. The last bits of sunshine were just peeking over the horizon. The cars that zipped by made soft hushes on the pavement.
“Yeah,” I took out a basket from the rack. “I almost forgot the way here. It's been a while since we've been in the area.”
Rynn nodded, agreeing. He took the basjet from me and strode into the store. The two of us headed to the back to grab some milk first. The boys loved milk, so it was one of those things that we kept around all the time. I grabbed 2 quarts of milk and put them in the basket, which began to sag under the weight.

You okay with that?” I gestured to the heavy basket, and Rynn nodded.

Yeah, it's fine,” he replied, and we went to the cereal section.

Oh, the last box of cornflakes,” Rynn pointed out. I strode ahead to grab it, but someone's hand was already there. I looked up.

Dongho?” I asked, and he looked back at me in surprise.
“Oh, HyeRa,” he said, smiling. “And SeRyeon too! It's been a really long time!”
I blushed at him using our real names, since it had been a while since anyone called us that. I knew this was the Dongho I knew, since he was the only one that refused to call us by our stage names.
“Oppa....” I muttered.

He shrugged. “What? You're still touchy about me calling you that?”
I didn't say anything. He ruffled my hair and handed me the last box of cornflakes. “Here, you guys take it.”

Rynn took the box and smiled at Dongho. “Thanks, hyung.”
He nodded. “Sure, no problem. Oh, hey, Kevin's here, too. Soohyun hyung made us buy stuff for the dorm...”
Just in time, Kevin popped out of nowhere, beaming at the sight of us.

 


“Hi guys~!” he said in English. “It's been forever!!”

For some reason, Kevin and I always talked in English together.

Wow, your pronunciation's gotten better,” I smiled.

He beamed. “Yeah, thanks! Yours has gotten better, too.”

I laughed and Dongho nudged Kevin.

Well, yeah,” he muttered. “They've been living in the U.S. for several years.”
Kevin shrugged and smiled good naturedly. Both Rynn and I laughed.
“So, Rynn-ie,” Kevin continued conversationally as we walked through the aisles. “How have you been?”
Rynn laughed. No one called him 'Rynn-ie'. No one. Except Kevin. “Pretty good. Did this. Saw that. You?”

Kevin clasped a hand on his shoulder, nodding. “Yup. Same.”
The two of them talked for a while, and both Dongho and I went around the market to grab more food.
“10 bowls of ramen?” I asked as Dongho put them in a basket. “You're welcome to swing by our dorm anytime and take some of our ramen you know.”
He laughed. “And what about you? Five pounds of meat? That stuff's expensive!”
I shrugged. “This will keep us full for a week. And veggies, too.” I grabbed two bags of salad and dropped them into Rynn's basket.

Ready to go?” I asked him, standing back up. It was almost 8:30pm now.

Yeah, let's go.” He nodded and turned to Kevin and Dongho. “How about you guys?”
Kevin took up his basket. “Yeah, I think we're done. Let's get going.”
We paid for our food and met outside the market.
“We'd give you guys a ride if we had our van,” Dongho said.

I laughed. “No, it's okay. Our dorm's not that far away...”
Kevin have Rynn and me a strangling hug. “Aw, bye guys! I really hope to see you again soon!”

Yup, same here,” Rynn touched knuckled with Dongho and we hugged.
“See you guys!” Kevin called as we turned and parted ways.

Bye!” we waved goodbye, then the U-Kiss members disappeared out of sight.

You sure you're okay with that?” I asked Rynn, who had volunteered to hold all the bags.
He nodded. “Yeah, I'm good.”
It was getting dark. What should we do?

Walk home.  (chapter 29)

Hail a taxi   Take the bus (Chapter 30)