Dance Practice

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

The first one to walk into the room was NiRa.

She was dressed in a big t-shirt and shorts. Upon seeing her, our choreographer immediately instructed to begin warming up.
I walked in next, with Kyran, whose ankle was taped up.

Sit here,” I motioned to the floor, and he slowly lowered himself down.
When we had checked out his sprain, it turned out that he couldn't put any weight on it. Our manager and I had insisted on crutches, but Kyran refused, saying that it would just be a pain.
“Ahh~” he lowered himself and lay against the wall with a sigh.

You okay?” I asked, and he nodded.
Just then out choreographer came up to me and told me to warm-up. I nodded and did as I was told. Rynn and Saylan came in just as I sat on the ground to stretch.
'You too, guys,” the choreographer said, and they put their bags down and began to stretch.

Saylan took a seat between Rynn and I, lacing up his shoes.
“How's the stretch?” Kyran called from his corner.
I scowled at him.

Our choreographer had also caught his remark and called his way. “Yah, Kyran-ah, don't make fun of them now, because as soon as you're back on that ankle, you have to work on the choreography too!”

Kyran nodded, seeming not to care and gave the thumbs-up.

I returned to stretching. “Ugh, why is he like that?”
Saylan chuckled. “I've known him the longest, and that's just his personality.”
After about 15 minutes of stretching, we had to listen to the music that we were to dance to. Our choreographer showed us the moves of the first few lines, and we did our best to copy his form.

Make your movements more exact,” he said, repeating the dance move again.
“De!” the four of us called at the came time.

Let's take it from the top,” the music was re-winded and we took our places again.

I took a quick glance at the clock. We had only been here for half an hour, but all of us were already sweating and thirsty. The music snapped me back to attention, and we began to dance.

Overall, practice was tiring and hot, just like always. Usually the dance practices would take over 2 hours, but today it was just one.

I thought we were on vacation,” I muttered to our manager as I began to pack up.
“I know, but you guys still need practice,” he said.
I sat down on the windowsill and changed my tennis shoes to flip flops.
“Oh, Xyla, there's something I have to give to you,” my manager said. He took out a manila folder and handed me a packet.
I read the title, but frowned.
“What's this?” I asked, flipping through a few pages.

It's from Director Choi Sanghyun,” my manager replied.

Director Choi Sanghyun....” I repeated, scanning through a few line of what I realized was a script. My eyes suddenly widened. “Choi Sanghyun?! The famous drama director?!”

My manager nodded. “The one and only.”
I stared at him, then just realized that my friends had come to join the conversation. My manager handed the rest of my band copies of the same script.

He came by earlier today and asked if you guys were interested,” he expained as we flipped through the packets. They all had the same reaction as I had. Speechlessness.

What? A drama?!” NiRa looked excitedly at the packet and squealed.
Rynn stared blankly between the script and our manager. “Is this for real?”
Our manager nodded. “So does this mean you'll do it?”
“Hell yeah,” Kyran said, scooting on the ground to avoid putting weight on his leg.

Good, then I guess it's settled then,” our manager looked pleased. “I'll give him a call then you guys can meet him.”
We nodded earnestly.

He left the room, and the five of us began grinning and talking excitedly.

Our first big acting job. This was going to be fun!

 

Meet with the director (chapter 32)