Dinner with U-Kiss

K-World (Create Your Own Adventure)

 

 “Kevin, stop moving around so much, you're going to break something,” Soohyun muttered from the living area.

Yah, don't say that!” I looked at him from watching Lay demonstrate a new dance move from the latest girl group. “He dances really well.”

Soohyun rolled his eyes.
“Don't worry about him,” Kevin said, rubbing sweat off his forehead with his sleeve. “He gets grumpy when he's hungry.”
“I'm not grumpy!” Soohyun frowned.
“Of course not,” I nodded importantly and he scowled at me.

I had been waiting in U-Kiss' dorm for the last two hours or so. At first, we had spent time talking about their latest album and catching up, but after a while, the boys dispersed into their own rooms, leaving Soohyun, Kevin, and I to talk.

So what's up? How is everybody?” Kevin sat down on the couch next to Soohyun.

I shrugged. “Everyone's fine. I'm just glad we're here for a break.”

I paused. “Actually, it's not really a break...lately it's been seeming like more work. Especially with the drama.”

Soohyun winced in sympathy. “Well, I guess you must be really good. I hear Director Choi doesn't take just anyone....”
I flushed. “Gomawo. I'm just hoping I can pull it off. The last acting job I took on was a cameo last year.”
“You'll do fine,” Kevin said. “But I think DongHo's nervous.”
I laughed shortly. “DongHo has nothing to worry about. He has more acting experience than me.”

 

My phone suddenly rang, and I sent Kevin an apologetic look before picking it up.

Yeah, Saylan?”
“Xyla, I'm hungry~” he whined over the phone.
“Well what do you want me to do about it?”
“Kyran hyung says to go ahead to the restaurant,” Saylan said. “We'll meet you there.”
“Okay,” I hopped off my chair. “See you in a bit.”

 

 

 

Ladies first...” Kiseop pulled out chairs for NiRa and me, then sat down afterwards.

I smiled at Kiseop with a nod, and everyone took their seats.

We were sitting around the table in a private room in the back of a restaurant where U-Kiss had made reservations for us. After we were seated, our orders immediately came.

I looked around at the heaps of food that came almost immediately after we sat down. I stared at Soohyun and AJ, who were already beginning to help themselves to the steaming food.
“Did you order this?” I asked.

Soohyun shrugged. “I ordered ahead. I thought you guys would be hungry.”
“Thanks hyung!” Saylan and Hoon said at the same time.
“Our leader's so smart!” Kevin beamed, piling more food on his plate. Soohyun rolled his eyes and ignored that but I snickered.
“Aigoo, our Dongho-ah has another drama already...” Eli clapped him on his shoudler. “And with Xyla too! How lucky can you get?”
I flushed. “I think I'm just as surprised as DongHo. When Director Choi asked me to be in the drama, it came out of nowhere.”
DongHo nodded in agreement.
“So what's it about?” Hoon asked, taking a sip of tea.
“You know, the typical drama...” Kyran leaned back in in seat. “A guy and girl meet, fall in love, the usual stuff.”

Kyran-ah, who are you playing?” KiSeop asked, leaning forward to join the conversation.

I'm the best friend that Xyla cries on the shoulder of,” he grinned.

I kicked him from under the table. “Aish, why are you like that?”
But U-Kiss laughed, and Kyran joined in.

Saylan clapped Rynn on the shoulder. “And were the bad guys, right, hyung?”

He rubbed his hands together. “It feels good being the bad guy for a change. I even get to bully Kyran hyung...”
Kyran scowled.

I picked up some kimchi and put it in my mouth. The burst of spice and heat exploded in my mouth.

KiSeop grinned mischievously, and nudged me. “Yah, I bet you and DongHo are excited about that kiss scene--”
Kiss?!

The kimchi I was chewing on lodged in my throat, and I began to cough, almost violently. I reached out for the water, and Rynn, who was sitting across the table from me pushed the glass closer.

Soohyun looked surprised and he rose from his seat.“Kiseop!”

KiSeop shrunk a little under his gaze as I drank several large gulps of water.

I felt someone pat my back, and I realized that it was Kevin.

I nodded several times to show my thanks, and I set the glass of water down, wiping the several drops that remained on my lips with my sleeve.

I cleared my throat. “Gomawo--”
“--gomawo....” I heard another voice say.
I looked down the table and saw DongHo clear his throat like I had.

Kyran and AJ were wiping themselves off with a napkin, and Saylan was clapping a hand on DongHo's back.
“Aw, hyung, I'm wet!” Kyran whined. “You spewed water all over me!”
“Mianhae,” DongHo flushed a bright red. He met eye with me for a split second then he went even redder.

Soohyun finally relaxed and sat back down.
Kyran was the first one to break the awkward silence. He laughed and smiled at me. “Don't worry Xyla! I'm sure a kiss scene isn't coming any time soon.”
I shifted in my seat.

Mianhae Xyla...” Kiseop said. “Mianhae DongHo-ah....”

No, it's okay,” I gave him a small smile. “It's not your fault.”

 

 

Next Chapter (coming soon)