Awkward

We'll Make History [SEMI-HIATUS]

After that long plane ride, you finally arrived to Seoul. You were excited to meet up with your friends and family. You had no idea why you missed them so much since you weren’t in the Dominican Republic for that long, but you still did.


“Welcome to Seoul. It is currently 1 degree outside right now. The time is 8:14pm. Thank you for choosing Air Korea. I hope you enjoyed our flight”, the flight attendant chimed over the radio.


Like last time, you guys waited for the majority of people to get off the plane first.

You said bye to the flight attendants before exiting the plane, followed by Sehun’s family and Dong Yul.

You all then headed for the baggage area. This was the part of the routine that you liked the most for some reason. It felt so cool searching for your bag and the signature tag that helped you recognize it, and then carrying it out of the circling, declining the amount of bags left to be taken.


After everyone finished getting their bags, you guys sat together, deciding what to do next.

It was about 8:40 after the bags were retrieved which wasn't really too late, giving you guys time to plan a reunion with your friends.

You guys thought to either just go home and rest for the rest of the night or go out to eat, or do something with EXO, Chung Ae, and introduce them to Dong Yul.


After a short while of discussing, you guys finally decided to go karaoking.

"I know a great karaoke place! It's called Sing Sing. It's not so popular so we'll basically get the whole place to ourselves" Dong Yul suggested.

Everyone glanced at each other, giving each other eye signs of approval while nodding your heads.

"Sure! That's a great idea" Chung Ae spoke for everyone.


"Alright it's settled. I'll call the others" Sehun nodded as he pulled out his phone.


"Are you gonna have a 12-way or something because that's a lot of people" You joked


"Yeah, i am actually. We use Line when having 12-way calls" Sehun smirked while tapping the call button, after seeing your dumbfounded expression that was made in reponse to his reply. He pecked you on the forehead while giggling at you.


"Chanyeol picked up" Sehun said more quietly to everyone. Hearing what Sehun said, you immediately turned your attention to his phone, as did everyone else.


"Hey, Channie-Hyung" Sehun greeted over the phone.


"Hiii", Chanyeol replied happily. You could hear swishing from Chanyeol's side as if he was waving.


"Aye" you could hear a different voice from Chanyeol's. The voice belonged to Kris. "whaddup hyung", Sehun replied


A few more people picked up.


"Who dares interrupt me from my grilling of meat" the owner of the voice was D.O.


"Yoyoyo maen" Luhan chimed over the phone in awkward english.


"Bling" $uho greeted calmly. You giggled at that.


Pants suddenly filled the call. "Sorry i was practicing my pirouettes" Kai breathed heavily.


"Yello" Baekhyun almost yelled from his side. You were guessing it was by accident because he muttered whoops afterwards.


"WasSAP MY BRUHDAHS" chen screeched unevenly. You laughed because you couldn't imagined Chen doing that.


"Hello?" Tao said majestically. You could hear the beauty and sass in his voice.


"Ni haooooooooo" Xiumin chimed. "I'm studying Chinese right now"


You counted down the members while the greetings went on.


You saw in the call that everyone was in it but there was one greeting missing.

After a while of listening in the short silence you heard a rustle and then the last greeting was delivered.

"What is happening" Lay asked effortlessly with a hint of legit cluelessness in there.


"O kkaebsong" Baekhyun whispered into the call.


Laughter erupted from all the members except from you and Dong Yul because you had no idea what kkaebsong meant.


"What does kkaebsong mean?" You nudged Sehun lightly.


Silence suddenly swept over the call. "_____?" Everyone over the phone said at different/same times.


"Hi guys! Chung Ae and Dong Yul are here too. We met Dong Yul on the plane"

"Oh yeah, you guys just came back from The Dominican Republic, right?" Chen pointed out.


"Yup, and now we're thinking about going to karaoke. Wanna come? Well we planned to go to karaoke so we can hang out with you guys, and so you can meet our new buddy so you guys are coming anyways" Sehun joked.


"Tcchh" "of course we'll come" "we missed you ya brat" echoed over the phone from the others.


"So where's the place we're gonna go to?" asked a few of the members.


"The place we're going to is called Sing Sing. It's near Myeongdong. Do you guys know that cafe just outside of it? It's just down the street! You'll notice it pretty much right away" Dong Yul answered.


"Alright. Let me finish cooking first" D.O spoke out and then hanged up.


"See you there" "Bye" loudly erupted from the phone.


You all said bye back and then Sehun hanged up and then pushed his phone into the back pocket of his jeans.

Everyone gathered their things and stood up.


"Eomma, appa, Chung Ae and I are gonna go to karaoke with our friends. We'll be home by 1 or 2" Sehun said to his parents as they walked towards you guys.


"Okay we'll take your stuff home" Mrs.Oh said simply and then walked away towards the carts.


"Have fun" Mr.Oh whispered to you all and then pulled out $300 from his wallet and stuffed it into Sehun's hand. He then hurriedly scurried back to Mrs.Oh who was still walking away.


After that weird event (weird to you, Chung Ae, and Sehun) you all left the airport and took a taxi to Sing Sing.

When you guys finally arrived, you saw Kris standing with Kai outside of Sing Sing.


Kris had his arms crossed with a cold glare swept across his face at random passerbys.


Kai was doing his own thing; constantly looking inside of the place and reading the posters stamped onto the windows and door. Once Kris saw you all getting out of the taxi, his cold glare immediately switched to twinkling eyes with a wide smile. He nudged Kai with his hand "they're here"


He nodded and then started to run towards the taxi.


"Whoa how'd you get here so fast?"


"I flew, duh" Kris said sarcastically with a derp on his face. "and Kai teleported obviously"

You shook your head while giggling. Whatta dork. You thought.

From the corner of your eye you saw a group of people walking towards you. You whipped your head to the right and saw the rest of the members approaching.


D.O was at the front and was holding a box.

The rest of the members were behind him with faces of love and drool.

Once they all reached the front, D.O opened the box to reveal what was inside.

IT WAS MEAT. A HUGE PILE OF MEAT. No wonder you smelled meat from a mile away.

“I summon them with the smell of the meat" D.O said matter-of-factly.

You guys laughed and then the laughter slowly died down.

“Anyways you guys have heard about Dong Yul from us over the phone right? Well, now you guys can meet him in person” Sehun introduced Dong Yul, about to lead him to the spotlight but Dong Yul plunged himself toward EXO, warmly greeting each and every one of them.

Now the mood seemed to feel light and warm, which you smiled at.

“Tonight will be awesome” Tao nodded while he stared off into the distance dramatically.

Finally, you all entered Sing Sing while chattering as a catchy tune ringed from somewhere in the room announcing the arrival of you guys.


“Since I asked for all of us to meet last minute, it’s on me!” Sehun said to everyone and then pulled out his wallet as he walked towards the counter.

“No, we’ll cover it!” Chanyeol spoke enthusiastically for everyone, lightly pulling Sehun back.

“Yeah, i’m pretty sure you’ve used tons of money already in the Dominican Republic” Baekhyun chuckled a bit as the rest of the EXO members pulled out their wallets.

“Hi a room for 15 please”, Lay spoke to the cashier as the members placed their money onto the counter one by one. As you watched them do so, you heard the ring of the catchy tune sounding again in the background.

“Mi Hyuk honey, next time please wear something more flattering. You embarrass me” The horrendous memory of a voice scoffed in your ears.

You froze for a second before turning around. Preparing yourself for the most awkward moment that you were sensing would happen next.

You slowly turned around hoping you didn’t hear what you just heard. Once you turned around, you noticed everyone else was already looking Mi Hyuk’s way.

Your eyes made their way up to your stepmother’s and you felt as if a shock went through you so you quickly bowed as you formally greeted them along with the rest (excluding Sehun, Chung Ae, and Dong Yul) . You then turned around and then trotted up beside Lay, watching him discussing room options with the cashier.

“What a surprise!" Mrs. Lee scanned everyone in the room. "Oooooh Mi Hyuk. Isn't that Chanyeol? Your boyfriend?" Mrs.Lee chimed venomously knowing this would cause a stir.

No one spoke immediately but you could feel the intense atmosphere already, as you also added to it.

Mi Hyuk and Chanyeol? You confusingly and dumbfoundedly thought to yourself, knowing everyone else was also thinking that. You slowly turned around to see everyone’s eyes switching between Chanyeol and Mi Hyuk with extremely confused faces on.


Mrs.Lee had an evil look on her face. Chanyeol’s big ears were a bright red and Mi Hyuk looked nervous as she kept her eyes on the ground, her face was glowing a deep red as well.

“Hi ______!” You looked over to Jojo and saw her waving at you brightly. You crept an awkward smile as you gave a little wave back.

“Oh and ______!” Mrs.Lee chimed in a fake tone. She strutted towards you, clicking her heels in a pattern in the silence. You noticed she was wearing a long red cocktail dress that seemed kind of farfetched for karaoking.

“Hello Mrs. Lee” you bowed again stiffly.

 

“How are you?” she asked in a fake sweet high-pitched voice.
 

“I’ve been good. How have you been?” you replied, not changing your tone.
 

“Excellent!-- Excellent..” her voice gradually drowned out as she twirled your hair in her fingers, she seemed to have spaced out thinking of something.

You forced a smile trying to avoid your building irritation.
She snapped back into reality and then smiled wickedly at you again.


“How’s your new little dad been?” She finally said after a while.

You straightened up after she mentioned your dad. “Great. We’ve all been extremely content with our lives and everything in it” You spoke strongly.

“Really now?” her fake tone weakened as she raised an eyebrow at you. Annoyance was spread across her face.
You nodded.

 

You watched in slight fear as she leaned closer to your ear, still twirling your hair but with a harder tug. “Tell your mother to be careful or else he might betray the both of you too”
 

She leaned out and carelessly tossed your hair back.

You watched her, with irritation physically shown on your face, turn around and walked away towards her family but stopped mid-step, eyeing someone to her left.

“and Sehun!” she squeaked again as she scurried to Sehun with her arms open, giving him a short hug.
Then looked to the left of Sehun and laid her eyes on Chung Ae. "Chung Ae" she greeted effortlessly and then switched her gaze back to Sehun.

“Anyways.. Oh how drastic that my daughter has found a beloved. Now you two won't be able to be together as god has originally planned for the both of you” She said as she glanced back at Mi Hyuk and then back to Sehun.


“It’s alright though. I’m sure one day Mi Hyuk and her gigantic eared monkey of a boyfriend, and you and that--” Mrs.Lee eyed you quickly “disgusting boiled pickle will be separated soon enough”
She laid a hand on Sehun’s shoulder and a look of reassurance, “Don't worry, dear future son-in-law” she said loud enough for you to hear.

 

Offended mutters and shouts started to erupted from EXO.
 

“Mom stop” Mi Hyuk said firmly as she tried to pull her away from Sehun but she wouldn’t budge.
You kept your eyes on the floor trying to keep your anger in.

 

“How about..” Sehun placed his hands on Mrs.Lee’s shoulders creating space between them, lightly edging himself away from her.
 

“No. I love ______ and we’ll never be separated because nothing so childish and foolish will ever keep us apart, especially you” Sehun let go and then started to slowly walk toward you, switching his gaze onto you.
 

You looked up and stared into Sehun’s eyes. His eyes were so sincere and soft you really felt like running towards him and just hugging him as tight as you could, but you had to control yourself otherwise this situation would become even more weird.
 

“I’m sorry but god has rewritten his plan for Mi Hyuk and I” Sehun continued, keeping his gaze on you, walking the few bit of inches left towards you.
 

“and this is it” Sehun hugged you tightly and then pecked you on the forehead.
 

There was a silence as you stayed in Sehun’s embrace, having a tight-hugging competition.
 

“OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS ARE SO DRAMATIC” D.O groaned loudly, and laughter erupted from everyone besides the sulking Mi Hyuk and her mother.
 

You both pulled out of the hug quickly and tried to stand normally in a not-so-normal way at all.

You knew how weird that situation that occurred just now was.

 

Mrs.Lee scoffed as she rolled her eyes, looking offended in a way.
“Well then fine. If you’re so keen to continue that ‘plan’ of yours, then that is totally fine” Mrs.Lee looked around at everyone. "No one said that it'll last" she muttered quietly

“but if that’s the plan then Mi Hyuk can surely join you lot. Chanyeol is her boyfriend after all so it doesn’t matter” Mrs.Lee grinned malevolently.
"No mom it's okay--" “What!? When did they ever date?!” Chen asked loudly, interrupting Mi Hyuk.
And here is where all the delayed question started.

“Chanyeol hasn’t told you all the great news? Why don’t you ask your friend yourself?” Mrs.Lee smirked.
Everyone looked at Chanyeol. You didn’t want to look because you knew he didn’t want to deal with this and putting your eyes on him would make him even more nervous and uncomfortable.

Chanyeol remained silent, keeping his eyes on the floor nervously.

“Mom stop making him feel uncomfortable. If he doesn’t want to tell anyone, then don’t force him” Mi Hyuk growled. “He probably didn’t want to tell anyone because others would meddle in our business” Mi Hyuk looked up at her mother referring to her.

Mrs.Lee rolled her eyes again “always embarrassing me” she muttered and then walked up towards the counter. “Make that 16 for these people” she quickly pointed at everyone and slapping Mi Hyuk’s part onto the counter, "Mom please--", "Stop protesting" Mrs. Lee interrupted “and 2 for me” she continued.

“Er..actually mom” Jojo called after her. "i’m not feeling well. I’ll just go home instead” she disrupted awkwardly and then left the store. She was obviously lying but she just wanted to make any excuse to dismiss herself.

“Fine” Mrs. Lee said annoyed, and placed down a bill for one person. “Make that 1 for me”

“O-okay..” the cashier looked at everyone in the lobby awkwardly, seeming to hardly believe that that just happened right in front of her eyes.”Room 2 for you ma’am.. Down the hall, down the stairs, and on the left” the cashier weakly gave Mrs. Lee the room 2 key, but Mrs.Lee strongly snatched it out of her hands.

“A-and room 4 for you guys. Beside her room” she said handing the key to you.
You took it lightly to make up for Mrs.Lee’s harshness, smiling and giving a small head bow to her.

Mrs.Lee strutted off to her room as your group followed far behind to yours.
Mi Hyuk was slowly striding behind the rest of the group. You tried to glance normally back at her and she was looking awkward and nervous again.

It was the oddest thing to see since she is usually always so confident and self-indulgent.

You found Chanyeol in the front of the crowd and he seemed to be looking the same as Mi Hyuk, and trying to avoid eye contact with anyone.

Why aren’t they keeping each other company? They're together.. aren't they? You mentally scratched your head, questioning the whole situation.
You tried to build up the courage to go to the back and keep Mi Hyuk some awkward company. Your mind kept reminding you that you both still had unpleasant feelings about each other but you just couldn’t stand knowing that she was just trudging behind uncomfortably.

You breathed in and then turned around, dodging the people you were about to collide with and then awkwardly landed beside Mi Hyuk.
She seemed to notice but she didn’t look completely up.

“So...” you started but you didn't receive anything back but merely a nod from Mi Hyuk.
You didn’t know how to continue without emotionally triggering anything so you decided to stay silent.

“Don’t you hate me?” Mi Hyuk finally muttered quietly while lifting her head a bit, looking into your eyes.

You stayed silent for a while “Well, no. I don’t have any reason to be i guess. Everything you’ve done is all in the past now. I actually don’t remember anything that happened between us” you replied. You started to rethink your reply over and over again. “and anyways you’re my step-sister. We’re supposed to have issues aren’t we?” you added jokingly.

Mi Hyuk let out a short giggle and then returned to her serious state “My actions have been influenced by my mom mostly. She’s really the one causing most of the trouble now but i can't really deny that i was the one who chose to carry out her plans” Mi Hyuk let out a huffed laugh. “Sorry about before. My mom dreams of a ‘rich and royal’ family. Don’t take anything personally. You and Sehun are a really great match” Mi Hyuk seemed to force it.

“I mean it by the way. I know it didn’t sound like it but I did have a past with Sehun and it still feels weird saying stuff like that” she dropped her head again. “I know i should have moved on by now after forever but--”, “it’s fine. I understand. I don’t take that personally either. Same thing happened with me with this huge childhood crush i had. Even seeing him now honestly brings back the nice memories but I still despise him. Having these feelings are normal, don’t worry about it” you gave her a small reassuring smile and then patted her lightly on the back.

Mi Hyuk stayed silent and then you heard quiet sobs coming from her. “I-i’m sorry!” you panicked. “Whatever i said i’m--”,”no it’s not you. I was just thinking and..” Mi Hyuk wiped her tears stealthily and then looked up at you again.

“I’m sorry ______” she pulled you into a hug as her tears started to drop again. You then hugged back after shortly hesitating from shock “i’m so sorry for everything i’ve done. I’m such a horrible person--gosh”

After another second of hugging, you guys pulled away.
“Well..” you scanned her clothing. She was wearing a pair of leggings, a baggy hoodie, a cap, and a pair of thick brown combat boots. “On the other hand, your outfit is not as embarrassing as your mom thinks” you said jokingly. Mi Hyuk jokingly rolled her eyes and then laughed, you watched for a second as she laughed before joining her and giving her a short hug.

"You better keep this behaviour of mine as a secret. Don't you ever tell anyone i've acted like this" Mi Hyuk warned jokingly.
You felt fear for a second and then laughed as you nodded in agreement.


After that little talk, you guys were finally in front of the karaoke room.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Okay, okay I knoowwww. Kris isn't in EXO anymore :/
But I started this story with Kris in it so it will end with Kris in it :D

P.S I'm so so sorry for such a long hiatus before this update. I just haven't really had much inspiration to write..
And don't worry!! This story may, AND I REPEAT MAAAYY, come to an end before Chapter 200 ;D 
I'm joking
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this little bonding type chapter!