The Rest of the School Day

We'll Make History [SEMI-HIATUS]

 

Briiinnggg~
Once Chanyeol heard the bell he immediately grabbed his lunch and stormed back into the school.
Your face dropped. “W-what’s wrong with Chanyeol?”, you asked Chung Ae.
Chung Ae honestly shrugged. “I don’t know.”.

 
You furrowed your eyebrows a bit and started to think.
Sehun stood there watching you. “Come on ____. You’re gonna be late for class. I’ll walk you there.“.
He packed up his lunch and threw away the garbage. He went over to you and guided you back into the school.

 
Chung Ae watched you guys happily. After you guys got inside, she quickly cleaned up then went to class.
“Thanks Sehun”, you smiled at him then did a small bow. “No Problem. Now get in class!”, Sehun chuckled. You chuckled too before going into class.

 
Sehun watched you go into class before he left to go to his own.
You sat down at your desk then sighed. You were sitting in the back of the class in the corner.
You looked out the window, leaning on your right hand.

 
All you could think of was Sehun.
Why is he acting so different now after I confessed to him..?
You breathed in deeply, making your shoulders raise then you exhaled and your shoulders dropped instantly.

 
The hugging. His warm soft hand interlocked with mine. And..That kiss this morning. But that was only on the cheek.
You thought in your head then sighed.
But it’s still a kiss.

 
You didn’t notice but you were smiling. At least no one could see you since you were in the back of the class.
Or that’s what you thought.
You heard someone clear their throat loudly in the background but you paid no attention to it.

 
You just kept staring out the window with a smile on your face.
“____!”, the teacher yelled. You jumped a bit then looked at her with a startled expression.
“Y-yes?”, you looked down a bit trying to avoid eye contact with everyone in the class.

 
“Do you think bullying is funny?”, the teacher held up a stick.
You suddenly got scared on the inside. Please don’t hit me.
You closed your eyes and squeaked a bit.

 
You heard a smack but it wasn’t from the stick hitting you but the stick hitting the board.
Crazy ____. She’s all the way at the front of the class while i'm at the back. Her arm can’t stretch that far..
She pointed at the word ‘BULLYING’ that was written in capitals on the chalkboard.
You gulped then sighed a sigh of relief. At least she didn’t hit me. She could’ve threw it at me or something though....

 
“N-no !”, you said while waving both of your arms. “I hate bullying ! It’s the worst thing ever.”, you quickly but honestly said.
“Then why were you smiling?”, the teacher raised both of her brows signaling you to explain.
“C-cause.. I.. I was laughing at a joke I said to myself in .. my.. head?”, you slowly put on a fake smile, hoping she’s convinced.

 
She held the stick in one hand then crossed her arms, tapping the bottom of the stick on the ground.
“Fine. I’ll let it go this time.”, the teacher took her gaze off you.
She turned to the board then opened to say something but closed it.

 
She turned back around and looked at you again.
You were looking out the window again while leaning on one hand.
“So what was the joke? That made you..distracted from todays discussion?”, the teacher asked.

 
The question caught you off guard and you didn’t actually told yourself a joke in your mind of course so you had no idea what to say.
Aishh ____ think ! You panicked in the inside while everyone in the class turned around just to look at you.
How about one of those lame jokes that Chanyeol told me before.

 
You thought then tried looking into the past. No not that one.. That one is eh.. That one isn’t funny enough. How abou-
“Excuse me ____. You do know you’re wasting the classes time.”, the teacher interrupted your thoughts.
Alright. Here we go..
You sighed then gulped before telling the joke. You seriously hated talking in front of a bunch of people.
(A/N: Oh ! If some of you guys have been wondering about “____’s” last name, I decided it to be .. Song ^^)

 
“So um..My names ____. You guys already kno-”, “Get to the joke Song ____. You are telling a joke not presenting a project.”, the teacher said jokingly. You could hear it in her voice.
“Ah. Yeh.”, you looked down embarrassed. You heard some giggling in the background.

 
“Uh. W-what did the ghost say to the w-wall?”, you asked everyone.
It was silent and all everyone did was look at you. “What did the ghost say to the wall ?”, the teacher asked.
“H-hey ! Just passing through”, you said while doing some hand movements.

 
The class stayed silent and just kept staring at you.
“You know. Cause they’re ghosts.. and ghost go through walls?”, you nodded slowly then looked down again feeling even more embarrassed. I thought this joke was funny when Chanyeol told me.. You pouted while looking down.

 
Suddenly you heard an outburst of laughter from the class. The teacher was banging on the desk while laughing so hard that it turned into a silent laugh.
You saw a person fall out of their chair and the person in front of them laughed even harder from seeing that.

 
You looked up then slowly spread a successful smile on your face.
“Whoooo!~ Good one ____!”, the girl in front of you said playfully hit your arm then collapsed on your desk while still laughing.

 
Few seconds later she wiped a tear from her face then sat up and tried calming down.
When she finally calmed she would spit out another laugh.
Thanks Chanyeol. Thanks.
You smiled then started laughing a bit with everyone else since they couldn’t stop laughing for some reason.

 
The laugh fest lasted for another minute before it got calm again.
“Alright class. Calm down ! Time to get back to the discussion!”, the teacher clapped her hands together to get everyones attention. Her mood seemed to be lifted up a bit more after the joke you told.

 
Briinngggg!~
 
The second last bell of the day rang..
“Bye Mrs.Geum!”, everyone yelled to the teacher including you.
You were the last out of the classroom. You turned to the left and saw a slightly panting Sehun leaning beside the classroom.

 
“S-sehun ? What are you doing here?”, you tilted your head. “And why are you panting?”.
“I..Came..Here..To.. Walk.. You.. To your next class.”, he said in between pants then quickly said the last part which made him pant a bit more.

 
“And I’m panting cause I ran here right when the bell rang.”, Sehun explained.
You suddenly felt your heart pound and flutter. “really?”, you asked, not knowing what you’re saying.
Sehun got off the wall then nodded with a smile.

 
You found yourself smiling back. “Aw. That’s so sweet.”, your mouth blurted out your thoughts.
You noticed what you just said then quickly covered your mouth. You saw Sehun blush a bit then flashed you another smile.

 
“Let’s go!”, Sehun lead you to your next class then stopped. “Where’s your next class?”, Sehun said while looking ahead.
You chuckled then pointed to the next door you guys were about to pass.

 
“Oh ! I knew that !”, Sehun waved his hand. He lead you to the door then stopped in front of it.
“Science eh? With..”, Sehun leaned a bit to look at the name above the door.
“Mr.Schert.”, Sehun his teeth. “..Unlucky.”, Sehun said awkwardly.

 
I hope ___ doesn’t like Mr.Schert either.. I don’t wanna make a fool out of myself.. Sehun thought in his mind nervously.
“Yeah..”, you replied while playing with end of your skirt.
Phew. Sehun sighed a sigh of relief on the inside.

 
Briiinnggg!~
 
“Well I gotta get going!”, Sehun waved to you. “Alright bye!”, you waved back before you walked into the classroom.
“Good luck!”, Sehun chuckled. You chuckled. “Thanks. I’ll need it”, you joked then waved again before going into the classroom.

 
Sehun laughed to himself after you went inside. “So cute..”, he whispered then ran to his next class.
You walked into the classroom and saw Chanyeol sitting at the table with his head down and his hair covering his face.

 
You tilted your head and a wave of sadness suddenly washed over you for no reason.
You were just really sad to see Chanyeol acting like this. He was always usually so happy, cheery and had a personality like a 5 year old kid.

 
You pulled out the chair from a slant so it made a squeaking sound. But Chanyeol still didn’t look up.
You furrowed your eyebrows in worry then sat down and dropped your books on the table.
“Hey Channie!”, you sang. “Hi.. ____”, Chanyeol greeted without looking at you.
You tilted your head again. Something's definitely wrong.

 
“Chanyeol-ah. What’s wrong?”, you tugged on Chanyeol’s sleeve.
He slowly turned around and looked at you. His usual twinkle wasn’t there.
(A/N: SUMGYEO DO TWINKLE EOJJEONAAA. TWINKLE TWINKLE EOJJEONA.
NUNE HWAK TTWI JANHA. TTWI JANHA TTWI JANHA.
BEIRE SSAYEO ISSEODOO~.. NAAANEUN TWINKLE TIGA NAAA.  Alright I needa stop LOLOL)

 
Well it was a bit. But you could barely notice it.
“Chanyeol, are you alright?”, you asked him with a ton of worry in your eyes.
“Yeah..”, Chanyeol said then turned away again.

 
For the whole time since lunch, he couldn’t stop thinking about you and Sehun.
Are they dating? They can’t be. But it’s possible.. Sehun’s my close friend though. He would’ve told me. Does ___ like Sehun? Again, Are they dating?
That has been in his mind for what felt like forever.
He suddenly got even more depressed just by thinking about it again.

 
“Are you sure? What happened? Did I do anything ?”, you asked.
Once Chanyeol heard you blame yourself, his senses finally knocked back in.
“Bwoh?! No ! Never. It’s never your fault. Don’t think about blaming yourself ever again alright?”.
You were a bit shocked by his sudden words. You nodded slowly in agreement then turned to the front when the teacher started talking.

 
For the rest of the class, Chanyeol reminded himself to be happy. For you.
He hated it when he made you worry for little things.
You noticed that Chanyeol has been more cheerful and happy but he wasn’t fully himself.

 
Brriinnggggg!~
 
The last bell of the day finally rang.
“Bye ____-ah!”, Chanyeol waved to you with a bright smile then you guys split ways to go to your lockers.
“Hi Chung Ae!”, you tapped her shoulder then went to your locker.
“Hey ___!”, Chung Ae replied back while taking books in and out of her locker.
 
“What. No hi for me?”, Sehun said jokingly. You could hear the sarcasm in his voice.
“Hi Sehun”, you said while laughing a bit.
“Thank you.”, Sehun smiled then bowed like a princess while picking up his ‘dress’.
“Hi ___.”, he said then started taking things in and out, out of his locker too.
You also did the same.

 
After finishing packing up, you, Chung Ae and Sehun closed your guys’ lockers at the same time.
“So ____. What are you doing today?”, Sehun asked you while all 3 of you walked down the hall to the front.
“I’m gonna stay home all day to study for HISTORY..”, you trailed off. “You do know it’s in 2 days and i’m not the smartest person out there right?”.
Sehun and Chung Ae laughed. “You do know that you said that like over 5 times already right?”, Sehun said, mocking you.

 
“Aish stop it.”, you pushed his arm lightly then laughed.
You guys got to the front door. Sehun pushed it open then let you and Chung Ae go out first.
“Thanks”, you thanked him then walked out shyly.

 
Sehun chuckled quietly to himself. “Adorable.”, he whispered to himself again then followed behind.
 
“Bye guys !”, you waved to everyone after giving everyone a hug. Even Sehun.
“Bye ____! See you tomorrow!”, they all said to you and waved.
You waved back again then left to go home.