Fireworks

We'll Make History [SEMI-HIATUS]

 

You jumped off the bed, leaving your phone on the covers then ran over to your closet.
You stripped off your pj’s and started to change into some more warmer, thicker clothes.
You grabbed a random wool sweater and quickly slipped it on.
You grabbed your big puffy pink winter jacket and zipped it up, making you look like a pink snow woman.
You grabbed some random snow pants and slipped them on, over your pj pants, not caring how uncomfortable it felt.

 
You grabbed the hat that Sehun bought you months ago and slipped it on your head with a smile on your face then grabbed a scarf and wrapped it around your neck.
You ran down the stairs, not caring about your phone and stomped your feet into your tight winter boots. You quickly tightened them up and ran out the door.
You heard your mom yelling to you.

 
“_____! Where are you going ? It’s 1 am!”, Umma yelled but it was too late. You were already out the door and long gone down the steps.
The cold winter air was hitting your face.
Everything was covered in snow and when I say everything, I mean.. everything.
The rooftops, the trees were completely covered, the fancy black fences were almost blended in with the snow, the ground was barely seen but the roads were kind of clear of snow.

 
Suddenly a huge, hard cold gush of wind hit your face.
Hard enough that it blew your hat off and started to slowly fly away from you.
“y-yah ! Come back here !”, you yelled to it and started running towards it but still being careful, in case you slipped.

 
Luckily, the hat got stuck on one of the fences.
You beamed and quickly hurried over to the hat, grabbing it and slipping back onto your head tightly.
You continued walking and accidentally slipped from a puddle of wet snow.
You slipped face down, your face diving into a small puddle of wet snow, making your whole face all wet and dirty from the brown snow.
You quickly sat up, wiping the snow off your face.

 
“Aish ! Are you kidding me?! What's next. A car passes by and splashes me with the water from the road?!”, you shrieked, pointing to the mucky water that was sitting on the road, basically waiting to soak you.
Well you were right. A car passed by a bit too quickly and splashed your whole entire body, wetting you from top to bottom.

 
You groaned loudly and layed down in the snow, trying to relax from all the frustration everything was giving you.
Sehun.
A voice reminded you in your head, echoing over and over again.
“oh yeah!”, you quickly got up and made your way over to the park.

---

 
“aish.. Where is she.. we’ve been waiting for so long. It’s freezing Sehun”, Luhan started blowing into his hands then rubbed them together, trying to keep warm.
Sehun hushed him by covering his mouth.
“Stop talking so loud Lu Han-hyung”, Sehun whispered to him.
“sorry..”, Lu Han frowned then started blowing into his hands again.
EXO and Chung Ae were hiding behind a huge bush that separated the park and the houses, waiting for you to come.

---
You took your time to go down to the park since it was kind of downhill and you didn't want slip and fall.
You walked gracefully to the park with a small smile on your face, unaware of the fact that EXO was waiting for you in the cold for a really long time.
When you finally got to the park without dying, you saw 3 things that were not blended into the snow at all.
You were curious but didn't bother to find out what it was.

 
Sehun suddenly popped up in front of you, startling you. You fell to the ground , your bruised and snow was slowly coming into your pants.
“Ow.”, you frowned then rubbed your .
“M-mianhae!”, Sehun quickly helped you up.

 
He looked at you and saw you were soaking wet and your face was dirty.
You noticed he was inspecting your body. Your wet wet dirty body.
“W-what happened?”, Sehun asked, furrowing his eyebrows.
“Nothing..”, you looked away.
He started to clear your face off the snow and mud then started wiping off some water off of your body.

 
You guys stood there in silence, looking everywhere except each others eyes.
You felt a tug on your hand and noticed you were suddenly standing in the middle of the basketball court.
Sehun turned you around so you wouldn't see EXO.
Furrowing your eyebrows, you wondered what Sehun was up to.
He was acting rather strange and he’d always look over your shoulder anxiously.

 
You raised a brow and slowly turned around to see what he was looking at.
He noticed you and quickly turned you back around before you could see what was going on.
You furrowed your eyebrows at him. “what’s wrong?”, you asked.
“n-nothing !”, Sehun quickly said then glanced over your shoulder one last time with a twinkle in his eyes, a slight smile played on his lips.

 
You narrowed your eyes at him then opened your mouth to speak.
“Sehun..”, you said quietly but Sehun still heard you.
“Hm?”, he hummed, turning his attention back to you.
“If you look/glance/sneak a peek over my shoulder one more time then i'm going to turn around right away.”, you inspected his behaviour.
He turned stiff and stared into your eyes, trying to force his eyes to not look over your shoulder.

 
You could hear him quietly whimpering on the inside, tempted to look over your shoulder but he couldn't or else the plan would be ruined.
After a few more moments, he couldn't take it anymore.
He just had to see how EXO was doing.
He accidentally looked over your shoulder for a split second.
You caught his quick eyes and gasped quietly.

 
You quickly turned around to see what he was looking at and gasped again, seeing EXO and a hiding Chung Ae far away, behind you
Sehun widen his eyes then facepalmed himself.
“aish..”, he sighed.
A few seconds later you saw a really fast light shoot up into the sky from behind EXO.
You slowly widen your eyes as you watched it then the light exploded into the sky, making a firework.

 
It exploded into colours of blue, green, red, yellow and basically all the colours of the rainbow. The bright colours of course.
You could see the firework make words and letters.
When it was all in place you quickly read it before you missed it.

 
    ____ I love you so much
Will you please be my girlfriend ?
                Oh Sehun
 
You gasped even louder, feeling tears slowly starting to form in your eyes.
You couldn't stop staring at it. It looked absolutely beautiful.
As it slowly started to fade, your gaze went down to EXO and Chung Ae. They were staring at the firework in awe.
“Aw..”, you heard some of them faintly say to themselves.

 
You smiled, trying to hold in your tears that were dying to come out.
Again, you were the happiest girl in the world.
You felt so lucky to have someone like Sehun. Out of a ton of girls in Seoul, he chooses you. You felt really blessed to have found such an incredible guy.

 
You slowly turned around to see Sehun with a smile on his face, still looking up at the sky.
You felt a tug on your arm, making some of your crying emotions disappear but the happiness was 100% there.
It was Lay and he was holding onto your wrist, dragging you to the group.
 
He dragged you to two firework cannons that were facing the opposite way of the firework from earlier.
You and Lay stared at it for a while before he spoke.
“This one is yes and this one is no”, he said, pointing to the appropriate fireworks.
You nodded then he passed you the lighter.
You didn't have to think of the answer at all. You immediately crouched down and lit up the ‘yes’ one.
 
You quickly ran away after lighting it then a few seconds later, the firework colourfully exploded up into the air.
Revealing the word.. No..
You furrowed your eyebrows in surprise.
“what?!”, you jumped back a bit.

 
“Omo.. I think I forgot which was which..”, Lay kept his gaze on the fireworks with confused furrowed eyebrows.
“Nononono”, you shouted out while waving your hands quickly.
“I MEANT YES”, you shouted to Sehun really loudly to make sure he heard it.
His hurt face soon turned into a happy face that was complemented with a smile.

 
You guys started running to each other like in those sappy movies or dramas.
You guys immediately pulled each other into a hug after that dramatic slow-mo run.
You quietly let out your tears in his chest.
“I meant yes”, you smiled then continued to quietly sob of happiness.

 
“I-..”, Sehun hugged you tighter then sighed to gain confidence.
“I love you”, he started caressing your hair with a smile on his face.
EXO and Chung Ae watched you guys sweetly at the adorable moment in front of them.
It was like a drama popped out of their TV and played right in front of them.

 
A few moments later, he pulled away then cupped your cheeks in his hands.
“___-ah. I will never stop loving you. I cross my heart. Even if we’re miles apart or separated on each side of the world, I will never stop loving you. I will not let anyone hurt you and neither will I. I will make each of your days happy and cheerful and full of brightness. If any guy lays a hand on you, I will aegyo so hard that they forget their own name. Only, if you're not comfortable with them touching you or you don't know them. If I hurt you or anyone you love then i will never live it down. I will never forgive myself for hurting you. I will make sure you are protected. I will do everything you want as long as it makes you happy. I love you Song ____”, Sehun smiled sincerely, proud of the speech he just made and was almost on the verge of tears.

 
He pulled you back into the hug before you could see a tear drip down his cheek.
He started repeating “I love you” non-stop during the hug.
You smiled so hard from hearing him say that with confidence and with no fear.
“I love you too”, you hugged him even tighter.
You completely forgot you guys were standing in the snow covered park and the weather as cold as ever.
But for some reason, you felt as warm as ever.

 
Sehun’s body was warming up.
You just felt like squealing all day long.
You stayed in his embrace while thinking over the long speech he just made.
“Wait. Did you rehearse that?”, you suddenly asked, ruining the moment like always.
Sehun quietly giggled but still kept you in his arms.
“No.”, he said simply.

 
“Oh really now?”, you pulled away from the hug.
Sehun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.
“Yes really now ____-ah. That came from the bottom of my heart”, he dramatically put a hand over his chest.
You tried your best not to laugh and kept on a straight face.
“How do I know you're telling the truth? Hm?”, you asked with a raised brow.
“Because as I said, I love you”, Sehun frowned.

 
“What if you said that to some other girl ? What if you said that to Mi Hyuk before ! What if you said that to a girl behind my back ! What if.. you.. What if you’re lying and you actually have a girlfriend that wasn’t me but someone else !”, you put your hands on your hips, waiting for his comeback.
“Yah. Jagi. I said I love you and I really mean that arraso? I didn't say it to some other girl and i most definitely do not have a girlfriend besides you”, Sehun frowned.

 
EXO and Chung Ae raised a brow as the sweet moment suddenly disappearing.
They watched from afar as you guys were bickering like a real couple.
“I said I don't know if you're exactly telling the truth so I won't forgive you yet”, you looked away with your arms crossed.
You mentally smiled since you knew you were dominating this argument.

 
“Aish ___.. If I didn't mean that and i loved someone else then i would’ve broken up with you.”, Sehun said with a frown on his face.
“So you're saying that you’re going to break up with me?”, you raised a brow.
“_____. Listen okay. I love you . Iloveyou--iloveyou--iloveyou--iloveyou--iloveyou”, he repeated as he cupped your cheeks, planting a kiss on your lips.
You were caught off guard, never suspecting him to kiss you. Especially in this situation.

 
He wouldn't pull away so you just decided to kiss back.
The kiss was slow but it was passionate. You could feel him smile a bit inbetween the kiss when you started to kiss back.
You smiled a bit too when you felt him smile.
EXO and Chung Ae awed and put on their dreamy faces.

 
“They’re so cute”, Chung Ae started jumping around excitedly, squealing like a mouse.
She jumped a little too crazily so she ended up falling into the thick snow, face down.
EXO didn't notice since they were all still staring at you guys dreamily.
Well except for the depressed Chanyeol who was forced to come but didn't bother helping or looking.

 
It would make him even more depressed seeing the happy couple.
He walked over to Chung Ae, helping her up.
Chung Ae felt a tingle from Chanyeol’s touch.
“T-thanks”, she smiled then bowed.

 
They were both now in the very back of the group. Chung Ae continued staring at you guys as you guys were now back into a hug.
 
“I should let ____ be happy with Sehun right..” Chanyeol suddenly spoke aloud.