Dreams and Memories

We'll Make History [SEMI-HIATUS]



You and Sehun’s family sat on the beach for hours. Sharing stories, spilling confessions, talking about the world as well as the problems in them starting from the largest mountain in the world to pregnant teens, and also having the weirdest discussions ever.
 

“Wait, so if birds lay eggs.. and fish also lay eggs..” Chung Ae pondered for a while. “Then what if one day a fish decides to lay the biggest egg they’ve ever laid to lay the biggest egg in the world because they wanted to enter the biggest egg contest in their school. So, they lay it the size of a bird’s egg and then when a goose or something comes to find food, they fly away with the big fish egg in their mouth and then accidentally drop it in a bird’s nest, and then the bird’s egg gets switched somehow and replaces the fish egg in the water. After they both hatch.. will a bird hatch from the bird egg and a fish hatch from the fish egg or the other way around?”
 

Everyone was dead silent. The sound of the waves crashing against the sand, and the distant chatter of people in the plaza were the only thing to be heard while Chung Ae continued to think.
 

“I think the bird and fish will be switched because the egg learns how to cope with it's new surroundings, right?”, Sehun’s dad broke the silence.
 

Sehun quietly snorted. You playfully hit Sehun for laughing aloud while trying to keep yours in.
Sehun’s mom just sat in silence and confusion, staring at the 2 weirdos.
“Okay, I think we’ve had enough of picnics on the beach and discussions for today. Let’s go in and rest for a while before going out tonight to explore the plaza” Mrs.Oh said as she stood up and then dusted her clothes off.

 

Everyone helped clean up but the last two people to finish were Chung Ae and Mr.Oh who were still arguing about the result of Chung Ae’s question from earlier.
 

After everyone settled down inside of the house, you, Chung Ae, and Sehun were playing random hand games and phone app games with each other until it was time to leave for the plaza.


--

Mi Hyuk ran down the dark, never ending hallway. It was narrow and her elbows would constantly knock on the invisible dark walls. She was wearing heels, a wrecked white puffy dress and her hair was in a perfect curled half-up bun with a dirty tiara placed on her head. She knew although she never actually saw herself. She would have mind flashes of herself running towards nowhere but it was still pitch-black in her eyes. It felt like the hallway was shrinking, the sides, the floor, and the ceiling were starting to isolate her. Her tiara got knocked off and the tip of the accessory got caught in her hair. The tiara suddenly felt like it was 1000 pounds and it pulled her down with it. She yelped as she struggled to untangle it from her hair. The floor then broke and she fell down an endless seeming hole. After what seemed like forever, she reached a surface but the surface felt absolutely horrid. It felt like she just plunged into a fire hydrant yet it didn’t hurt at all. She stood up and then a mirror randomly appeared. She stared at herself in the mirror and then noticed something abnormal. The reflection did not match her own actions. The moment she realized, her reflection grinned evilly while the real her was struck with fear and shock.The reflection held up a fist and then punched the mirror so that it shattered into a million pieces. The moment it shattered, Mi Hyuk immediately woke up from the nightmare.

She felt herself hugging something tightly. It took her a while to process where she was last so she was confused for a while but then she felt something hug back. She froze and then looked up. It was Chanyeol who was embracing her.

She shot up, surprised, and stared at Chanyeol for a bit.


“You were panting, and moving all over the place. I figured you were having a nightmare so I just kept you still..” Chanyeol explained. “I also carried you onto the couch in case you hit your head”
She looked at her surroundings and she was sitting on the couch while Chanyeol sat beside her.

“Thanks..” Mi Hyuk said awkwardly.

“I guess I’ll be leaving now. Sorry, I accidentally fell asleep last night” Chanyeol stood up and stretched before heading to the front door. He slipped on all his winter gear and prepared to open the door.
The whole process was in silence as Mi Hyuk awkwardly watched Chanyeol. Chanyeol had no idea what to say because he felt her eyes on him.

“Take care, Mi Hyuk” Chanyeol playfully patted her head before leaving.
As Mi Hyuk watched Chanyeol leave, she suddenly remembered something and then shouted after him. He turned back and waited for her to continue.

“I just remembered that my birthday is coming up soon and my mom told me to invite everyone. Maybe you can come?” Mi Hyuk waited for Chanyeol’s answer.

“Sure! I’ll come” Chanyeol answered almost right after. “When and where?”

“next saturday. I think it’ll be held here” Mi Hyuk replied.

“Alright. I can come. See you later” Chanyeol flashed a soft smile before he turned away and left.

She froze the moment he flashed that adorable smile and felt a huge urge to just run out in her pajamas and embrace him for hours. She had no idea why she felt like this. Deep down, she was sure she still had hate feelings for him although she never knew why she ever did.

She made her way back to the living room and saw a glass of milk and a couple of fancy biscuits sitting on the table. She softly smiled as she imagined Chanyeol prepare it for her. She walked over to the table and then picked up the glass of milk as she analysed it.

“What am I? Santa?” she quietly chuckled to herself as she slumped into the couch and sipped on the milk and slowly ate the cookies as she pondered about why she ever hated Chanyeol.
---

It was now night-time in the Dominican Republic which meant exploring time at the plaza!
You were looking everywhere for your phone. You really wanted to message your family, Cho Bae, and check on the other EXO members to see what they were doing.

The second you were about to crouch down to look under the bed, Mrs.Oh called everybody to gather before heading down to the plaza together.
You immediately got to your feet because you did NOT want to keep the bosslady waiting. Who knows what she could really do.

You held hands with Sehun while linking arms with Chung Ae on the other side as everybody headed to the plaza.
The area was huge and beautiful because of the bright lights, clashing music and ecstatic people everywhere.
The place reminded you, and everyone really, of Myeongdong but a less asian version.

“hey _____-ah” Sehun whispered to you. “remember that time I took you to Myeongdong?”

You smiled as you had flashbacks. Time really flew by.
It felt as if it was only yesterday when you moved to the other side of Seoul. When you just started attending Seoul Academy and walked around feeling alone and isolated after leaving everybody behind but now you met the most amazing people ever. The people who had a really big impact on your life. The people who helped you through your tough times and turned those situations completely upside down into some kind of miraculously beautiful life in just a few months.

You looked up at Sehun and your smile shined even brighter because you were looking at this human-being who made your life feel even better than you imagined it would ever be.

You nodded to Sehun as you felt Chung Ae unlink arms with you.

In panic, you whipped your head to the direction of Chung Ae and sighed in relief when you saw her happily running to one of those stores where they sell the weirdest but cutest things.
You had no idea why you were so scared but after having all these great people in your life, you learned to become really attached. You were terrified if one day something dysfunctions and everything starts going downhill to the point where you have to separate from either your parents, even more with Cho Bae, with the EXO members, or Chung Ae.

“Let’s reenact that day shall we?” Sehun nodded slowly, anticipating your answer.

“We shall” you replied and then started to look around exaggeratedly.


“MYEONGDONG!” you shouted excitedly as if it was really the same day.

Mr and Mrs Oh were staring at you. “We’re not in Korea, you know” they said to you.

You continued the reenactment by saying sorry to people although no one else cared since it was too loud to be able to hear you.
You stared at the cute plushie filled shop beside the shop Chung Ae ran in as Sehun laughed.
“Go ahead” he chuckled and then you skipped off happily.

You started to touch every single item as Sehun followed behind.
You found a similar white puppy except there wasn’t a tongue that was sticking out.
“Omo!! It’s so cute” you chimed with exaggerated aegyo.

“Do you want that?!” Sehun asked sarcastically.

“No dear Sehun I couldn’t!” you shook your head as you hugged the puppy plushy.

“No! No! Don't you worry. I will buy this for you. Yes I will! Give me” Sehun grabbed the puppy from you and
brought it to the cash register.

You froze as you watched Sehun place it on the counter and take out his wallet.

“wait wat” you stood there awkwardly as you watched him.
“Sehun-ah. Are you really-”, “Thank you” Sehun thanked the cashier as he slipped his wallet back into his pocket and took the bag.
“Sehun” you said once more to yourself.

Sehun laughed as he gave the bag to you.
“Sehun why” you frowned as you looked into the bag.

“I thought we were reenacting it” Sehun winked playfully.

“Okay okay. FAKE Myeongdong day reenactment starting now!” you did an action motion with your hands.

“Which means not actually buying the props, okay?” you looked at Sehun.

“okay..” Sehun frowned.

“ANDDDDDD... ACTION!” you gestured and then the reenactment continued.

You and Sehun continued to reenact that day in a shorter amount of time compared to the real duration.

After that, you, Sehun, Chung Ae, and Mr and Mrs Oh took pictures in one of those really asian photo booths.
Everybody continuously laughed as each person took turns enhancing the photos.

The outdoor food court was next on the schedule. There was literally every type of food there was to exist and it was the best thing you’ve ever seen in your life since everything was so delicious yet it costed very little.

Every negative aspect of life was isolated from you in those 4 hours and you felt like the happiest person alive.