Eight: Stupidity

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Aerin’s POV-   It’s Saturday! I loved Saturdays. I didn’t have to go to that godforsaken school and I can sleep in late. This is just terrific. I’ve already planned the things I will do for the day. I’ll go and buy that Dr. Dre headphone I wanted at the mall and I’ll go grab some ice cream and snacks at the convenience store and binge all I want. I just knew this day would be great. Then I heard someone yawning from the other side of the room and I was reminded that he’ll go with me to get my stuff. Erase that. It’s going to be a crazy day.   “You up yet, sleepy head?” Sehun asked.   No, I’m not! “Yeah,” I answered groggily and the next thing I knew, he was going up to my part of the room. I covered my head with a pillow. I had to be cursed to have to see him every morning. “What are you doing here? Go away.”   As if I haven’t said a word, he sat by my feet, leaning on the footboard of the bed and stretching his legs. He even covered himself with my blanket. That’s classic Sehun behavior and everyone’s used to it except me.  “I like it here. It’s warm,” he said.   I threw the pillow at him. “Who says you can stay there? I said go away.” I whined, but he didn’t move.   He grinned at me. “Don’t worry. I won’t try anything funny.”   “I want to sleep.”   “Then sleep.”      “Go to hell first,” I snapped.   “I’ve been there and back,” he said smugly then I felt him grab my left foot.   “Yah!” I screamed, but he didn’t let go, forcing me to get up and wrench his hand off of my ankle. I tossed the blanket on the floor then swung my restrained leg out of his reach. He just laughed. I guess he really wanted me off my bed so he could get it all to himself. I wasn’t backing out. It was my bed and I will lay down on it.     “Get off my bed, you jerk!” I yelled.    “Make me,” he taunted. I know that’s impossible so I just slumped back and faced the other way. To my utter irritation, he followed my example and took his place beside me then began poking my back repeatedly with his fingers. I ignored him as much as I could, but then he poked me on the side, making me jerk up.   He was sneering at me when I glanced at him. I wasn’t about to give him the satisfaction of seeing me mad at that hour. I lay back down, this time, facing him. I took the pillow to cover my face since he was staring at me again. As bored as he was, he went to the extent of pulling the pillow off of my hands. I held on tight to it, getting to ready to bash him with it if he didn’t stop. He did so I ignored him again, listening to his steady breathing. It was like that for a moment until I realized that he wasn’t moving anymore.   “Sehun-ah?” I said, still not removing the pillow from my face. He might be setting up a trap for me again.   “Hmm?” he asked in a muffled tone, squirming around.   I let a few moments pass before asking him this: “Why are you being such a pain?”    He didn’t answer. All I could hear was his breathing.    “Hunnie…” I chuckled. It’s the first time I’m calling him by his pet name. It was funny. His personality isn’t even close to it and neither did it sound like him. I slowly removed the pillow. “Why do they call you –” I didn’t say more when I saw him peacefully sleeping. He looked so serene. I found myself smiling as stillness engulfed the room. I guess I could let him stay there for a while. I lay down beside him, letting sleep devour me.   ***   Later that morning and I don’t know how late, I woke up. The first thing I saw was Sehun’s still form lying next to me. I then glanced at the clock. It was almost nine. I heard my stomach growling. I was so hungry I could eat a moose. I adjusted my position so I could sit up and get ready to shower. I was about to stand up when I felt my ankle being grabbed. I tried to balance myself, but it all happened so fast that I wasn’t able to manage that.    “Whoa!” I screamed then it was followed by a dull thud as I fell down to the carpeted yet hard floor. I then heard Sehun sniggering behind me.   “Good morning, princess!” he said in between laughter.   My forehead felt like it had been hit by a baseball bat or a boat paddle and my palms stung from friction burns after I used them to cushion my fall. I felt dizzy, but I tried getting up anyway. Just then, I saw blood drops staining the cream carpet underneath me. Two drops then another and more came. I instinctively reached for my nose which was feeling a bit raw and sure enough, it was the source of the bleeding. I sat up and leaned on my nightstand, taking deep breaths as I tried to control the bleeding. When I looked up, I caught sight of Sehun staring at me with wide eyes.   “Oh my God!”     -Sehun’
Please log in to read the full chapter