Twenty Three: Tug of War

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

    -Chan Yeol’s POV-   Where were Sehun and most importantly, Aerin?   They were late. Very late. I glanced at my watch. It was almost ten. I thought I was already late when I arrived since Suho hyung, Baekhyun hyung, D.O. and Kai were already at the east garden where we were supposed to meet at nine in the morning. I arrived ten minutes late because my mother was making a fuss about my father’s visitation rights on me then after that, she began asking about school and forced me to have breakfast with her when the question about girls came up. I told her repeatedly that I wasn’t dating anyone at the moment. Even she had a hard time believing that after hearing too many stories from the boys. I guess I should lessen the time they spend at our house.   “Aish! Where are those two already?” I asked the guys.   “Maybe they’re caught in traffic or Aerin is still in the middle of waking Hunnie up,” D.O. said.   Suho hyung sat calmly. “They’re on their way.” He stared at the crowd of people which was becoming denser by the moment. We’ve already completed two rounds from the football field and back to the garden, but they still weren’t there.   As if on cue, two Ducati Superbike 848 EVO motorcycles, one black and one red, zoomed across the lot just a few paces from us. The riders wore matching shirts and helmets, but it was easy to distinguish that the one on the red bike was a girl. She made a half-spin before coming to a complete halt at the farthest space at the lot. Her companion parked just beside her and they dismounted their motorcycles at the same time. The guy on the black bike removed his helmet and to everyone’s surprise, it was Sehun. I figured that the owner of the red Ducati was Aerin.    “Wow! I didn’t know that the maknae owned a Ducati,” Baekhyun hyung said, staring at them in awe. I, on the other hand, remained fixated on Aerin who was still wearing her helmet. She dropped her keys after pulling it out of the ignition so she went looking for it. Sehun bent down to see what she was doing, speaking rapidly to her. Suddenly, she spanked him on the arm. He jerked away, laughing. I wondered what they were talking about. They had matching shirts. I realized that it was the same thing we wore when we went on a date, only ours was white and theirs was navy blue. Now that’s something to ponder about. I thought the shirts were special.   I forgot about that when she lifted her helmet off of her head, shaking her long hair down her back. She then put on a pair of white-rimmed aviators. It was amazing how cool she looked even while wearing that plain shirt and draw-string knickers. Even Suho hyung was staring at her as she approached. Sehun walked beside her, exuding the same aura. They really matched…   “Annyeong,” Sehun said with a bored expression on his face while Aerin just beamed at all of us and sat beside me, frantically pressing on her phone.    “You’re late!” Baekhyun hyung scolded them.   Sehun just smirked at him then sat on Aerin’s other side. “Stop stating the obvious.”   Aerin shrugged. “I’m sorry, guys. Mr. Metro ual 2011 took a long time in the shower.”   Sehun smirked at her and she rolled her eyes. I wonder what it meant. It was as if it was more than that. “Nice bikes,” I said out of the blue just so they’d stop fussing about what made them tardy.   Aerin smiled, following the direction of my gaze. “You’ve good taste.”   I chuckled. “You’re being full of yourself.”   “No, I’m not. I didn’t even get to choose those. It’s my mother’s Christmas gift to us. Twin bikes. It’s the first time we took it for a ride. You want to try?”    I stood up, pulling her with me by the hand. “Maybe later. Want to gorge on some cotton candies?” I offered.   “Takoyaki!”   “Oh alright. Takoyaki it is.”   Aerin quickly jumped up and tagged along with me. I didn’t bother to tell the guys to follow us. I wasn’t planning on spending my time with them today. I wanted Aerin and only her.     -Suho’s POV-   “What’s up with that?” I asked the other guys. “Whatever happened in their date certainly changed everything.”   D.O.  scratched his head. “It’s really confusing. They keep denying it and yet they’re actions suggest otherwise.”   “Maybe they’re keeping it a secret,” Baekhyun suggested.   Kai shook his head. “Seriously, Baekhyun hyung. They’re keeping it a secret? They’re holding hands and they even went to that hotel.”   Hotel? “What? When?” I glanced at Sehun who looked bored again. He gesticulated as if to tell me that he didn’t know anything about it.   D.O. and Kai huddled over me and shook their heads gravely. “We saw them with our own eyes. They went to check in and then…”   Baekhyun shrugged. “I didn’t know what happened. We lost them.”   Sehun yawned. “Aren’t we going around yet?”   We all ignored him. “Really?” I asked. “I didn’t know that Aerin had a thing for him, too.”   “Chan Yeol hyung even tried to kiss her, but come to think of it, she dodged him,” Kai said and burst out laughing.  
Please log in to read the full chapter