Sixty Seven: Given Up

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N: Hello guys~! This fic is almost over. I would just like to thank you all for your continuous patronage for the fic, especially for your unending patience in waiting for me to update. I really, really, appreicate all the comments you've posted, for loving the characters in the story and for just being there. THANK YOU! *bows*...I hope you would also be this supposrtive to all my other fics and those that are about to come. Thank yu all! You inspire me! ^^ -Cleo

 

 

-Aerin’s POV-

I reached the gate and saw Jin Hae’s hot pink Fiat 500 parked near the entrance. It wasn’t an expensive car, but it sure was a head-turner. She was standing by the driver’s door, looking around the school. I hurried towards her before she gets into trouble by parking at the wrong spot. She perked up when she met me, flashing that thousand-volt smile of hers. She waved at me like a lunatic as if her car wasn’t enough sign for me to see where she was. The moment I got her, I pushed her hand down.

“You’ve got to stop that,” I hissed.

“What~?”

“Your car is such an attention-seeker. Why did you have to paint it pink anyway?”

She giggled, flipping her bouncy, brown curls. “Well, I wouldn’t settle for plain white. It’s boring.”

Jin Hae was a lot of things but plain. She could walk all dressed in a gray habit and she’ll dish it out with rainbows and butterflies on her feet. I just chuckled at the thought. “Thank for bringing my stuff over.”

She winked at me. “No problem.”

“So where to?” I asked her, ready to chug my first beer can in months.

Suddenly she eyed me from head to foot, made a face then shook her head. “You look gorgeous in your uniform, but uh-uh. That won’t do.” She narrowed her eyes at me. “You’ll have to change.”

I scoffed, imitating the way she flipped her hair. “Where the hell am I going to change my clothes? Your house is about three miles away from here and I’m not going home just because of that.”

“You’re forgetting something.”

“And that is?”

“We’re at your school.”

“So? I’m not going to change for a couple of drinks. Besides, I don’t have clothes with me that I can change into.”

She opened the backseat door and dished out a hanger of clothes, complete with jeans and jacket. “Hello?” she said as she waved it in front of me.

I rolled my eyes. “You’re kidding me.” I chuckled as I took the garments from her and ran to the nearest restroom. I changed in a jiffy, folding my uniform neatly, clutching it to my chest as I went out of the cubicle when suddenly, a flash of long, blond hair met me by the doorway. I stepped back, knowing full well who those locks belonged to.

“Oh,” Bae Eunmi said when she saw me.

I narrowed my eyes at her, ignoring the people who were looking at her as they passed by. Everyone knew what had befallen her and her cronies when she crossed the line with me. “What are you doing here?” I asked quietly.

She smiled hesitantly at me and looked down. “Well, I…uh…”

I shifted my weight to my right leg, arching a brow at her. “You’re breaking the law being this near to me. You’d better make it quick.”

Suddenly, she bowed. “I’m so sorry.”

O…kay. What is this? “Is this another trick? Cause I’ll know.”

She straightened up and shook her head. “No, Aerin-ssi. I mean it. I’ve realized what I did and it was all for a lost cause.”

I smirked at her. “It took you this long? You could have chosen to stop it the moment it popped out of your mind.”

“I was really angry then and I really liked Chan Yeol sunbae. I was jealous. I’m sincerely apologizing to you.” She bowed over and over again.

I merely nodded at her. Juat because I was feeling depressed about Chan Yeol and Sehun, it doesn't mean I would forgive her that easily.

“You’re forgiving me?” she asked, being her giddy self again.

“I will, but what you did would never be forgotten. If you don’t want me to take my words back, don’t ever show up in front of me again. You won’t answer to me anymore. It’s okay with me, but you’ve hurt a lot of people. I hope you realize that,” I told her as gently and as politely as I could.

She nodded. “Thank you.”

“I’m going,” I told her flatly and walked past her. I don’t have any intention of prolonging the conversation. I’ve got bigger things to deal with. I walked back to the Fiat and sat beside Jin Hae.

“You took longer than I thought.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Shoes are on the backseat,” she said and stepped on the gas as I reached for it.

I managed to put the deathtraps she brought me and looked at my feet. “Don’t you have anything higher than these?” I asked her sarcastically.

She winked. “I do.”

Ugh! “I don’t have any intention of killing my feet.” I glanced behind me again. “So you’ve really made the backseat into a mobile closet?”

“I’m not a girl scout for nothing.”

“Why are we dressed like this?” I asked her.

She grinned at me. “Jia’s parents opened a new bar in the city. It’s supposed to be rad. Free drinks for VIPs.”

I chuckled at her sentiment. Jia was our classmate before. She was okay and I couldn’t say no to the opportunity. “Great. I’m going to drink to my heart’s fill then. You’ll drive me home, right?”

She nodded, but turned serious. “Are you ready to go home?”

“I don’t know.” I shook my head, changing my mind. “Just check me in at my mother’s suite at the Intercontinental,” I told her.

“Are you nuts? I’m not going to be there to take care of you, crazy,” she retorted.

“I’ll be fine. Just don’t drop me off to the house.”

“Fine,” she said.

I had the feeling that the discussion wasn’t over, but I let it slide. I’m not going to argue. She’ll probably do as she’s told, but tonight, I was going to drown my sorrows.

 

 

-Sehun’s POV-

Aerin…

I sighed, suppressing the bad feeling I was getting for the last couple of hours. It would be tomorrow night. She’ll decide by then and still, I haven’t heard from her, nor have I seen her since the time we’ve met at the back alley. Maybe she sees us while we play, but I never even got the chance to see her until later in the afternoon. I saw her part ways with Baekhyun hyung while I was on my way to check the results of the sports fest, speaking of which, it hadn’t been a pleasant one for me nor had been for Chan Yeol hyung. We were both so distracted, both of us aiming for the finish line just to show Aerin how determined we were to win her heart. We were leading in the race, almost neck and neck when suddenly, hyung just stopped running. He skidded his shoes against the pavement and just stopped, looking like he was going to break down at any given moment.

I felt like doing that, too. I missed her and I knew he did, too. We were both miserable, pouring all our strength in ridiculous games just so we could prove ourselves to her but still, she never showed up. I decided to stop running as well and followed him out of the field. Like Aerin, he also wanted to be alone. I didn’t know where he went, but I was sure he was wallowing in pain. I suddenly felt sorry and guilty.

Anyway, I saw Aerin headed out of the school yard right after she saw the results of the fest. Dying as I was to hold her close, I let her go and just watched her from one of the classroom windows. I saw her board a pink car. I didn’t know who the owner was, but it must be one of her friends from her former school. I wondered how things would have turned out if she stayed there, if she hadn’t met Chan Yeol hyung. It was selfish of me to think about it, but I wish I stopped ahjumma when she decided to do that.

I sighed as I climbed up the stairs to her part of the room at around ten in the evening. I sunk down on her bed, letting myself fall down and her scent to engulf my senses. I stared at the chalky white ceiling, feeling worried about her. I just didn’t like the feeling of being alone in our room. Maybe I’d have to get used to the fact that I wouldn’t have a roomy soon enough. If she chooses hyung, then I would move out. I’d probably come back to see her some other time, but not until I’ve recovered from the hurt. I’d go back to Malibu and reconcile with my father or I’ll probably go to China and stay with Lu Han hyung. The possibilities were endless for me if she ever decides on it, but I wouldn’t like them all. The only possibility I see was with her.

I tried to selfless by telling her that I would be happy with whatever decision she makes. As much as it would kill me to see her in Chan Yeol hyung’

Please log in to read the full chapter