Thirty One: Falling Apart

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

-Chan Yeol’s POV-

 

We stood in front of the gate, looking around for Sehun and Aerin. We were all wondering where they’ve disappeared to. Suho hyung and Baekhyun hyung just returned from the quadrangle and they didn’t find either of them.

“Where were you when they decided to split up?” D.O. asked me.

“We didn’t split up. Aerin said she’ll go to the restroom and when she didn’t return after around twenty minutes. Sehun went to find her and I went to find you guys,” I explained.

Kai sat down the sidewalk. “I’m tired. I want to go home.”

“Maybe they went home already when they couldn’t find us,” Baekhyun hyung said.

Suho hyung who was trying to call Sehun lowered his phone down. “He’s not picking up.” Just as he said that, his phone began ringing. He stared at the screen. “Well, what do you know? It’s him.”

“Answer it quickly,” I said to him and they all flashed weird glances at me. Honestly, I was worried about them. It had nothing to do with jealousy. Hyung answered his phone anyway.

“Yah!” he began. “Where are you?” There was a pause then his eyes widened as if he had just heard the gravest news there was. “WHAT?” he almost shouted at the phone.

“What is it?” Kai asked. He was suddenly on his feet, standing next to Suho hyung. Hyung held the phone in his hand and the loudspeaker.

“Where are you right now? Are you alright?” hyung asked Sehun frantically.

“I’m fine. I’m outside the hospital right now,” he said at the other end of the line. He sounded off.

“Wait. Hospital? What the hell are you doing in the hospital?” I asked.

“Who are you?” he demanded. “Who’s talking?”

“It’s Chan Yeol. What’s the problem? Are you alright?” I asked him. A dreadful feeling suddenly came into me, dousing me like a bucket of ice water.

“Oh.” He sighed. “Hyung, Aerin got beaten up earlier when she left. I found her at the back alley. What are you going to do about it?” He sounded angry now.

What have I done? If I listened to him then this wouldn’t have happened. Aerin got hurt. She got hurt because of my persistence. Everything was clearer to me now that she was in deep trouble. I stared at the pavement, trying to figure out what to say and what to do. I could only hope that she’d turn out fine.

“What the hell? How did the happen?” Baekhyun hyung asked him. “The two of you were just with her!”

I felt weaker when I realized it. “She didn’t go to the bathroom,” I mumbled.

“Evidently!” Sehun raged. “Suho hyung, send D.O. hyung, Baekhyun hyung and Kai home. You come here with Chan Yeol. I’m sorry guys. I’ll call you as soon as I have news.”

“Okay, hyung. Stay safe,” Kai said then he hung up.

Suho hyung sighed. “You heard him.” He then looked at me. “Chan Yeol-ah, drive them home, will you? I’ll go ahead there and you could follow afterwards. Sehun might need help right now.”

I nodded, but inside, all I wanted to do was rush to Aerin’s side. It couldn’t be happening. We just came to an understanding the previous day and yet I was causing all that trouble to her. I nodded at the boys to get into the car and drove off. Sehun is going to kill me.

 

-Mrs. Kwon’s POV-

 

Finally, I’m home. Even if it’s only for a short time, at least I know I could spend time with my two kids. Well, I have one, but I consider Sehun one of my children, too. I wonder what those kids were doing at this hour. It was just past nine and it wasn’t a school night. I hope they were at home, safe and sound.

I came down from the private jet and into the runway. My assistant, Ms. Na, came to my aid, bringing all the shopping bags into the car. I bought some things for Aerin and Sehun. Those two will be thrilled when they see what I’ve got for them. The business trip to Tokyo was really worth it. I’ve closed a deal with one of our biggest investors and they agreed to get a hundred tons of tea leaves every week for the production of their instant tea. I’ve got one less thing to worry about.

I went into the sedan which would serve as my service going home and sat down. Ms. Na came inside the car with me, giving me a recap of the schedules I had to attend to and the deals we’ve closed that week. She also gave me a briefing about the sales that month. I wasn’t able to attend the board meeting since I went to Tokyo. Everything was going smoothly until the phone in the car started ringing.

“You’ve reached th President Kwon’s private line, how may I help you?” Ms. Na answered the phone promptly, l

Please log in to read the full chapter