Sixty Five: 'Threesomes' and Hysterics

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Chan Yeol’s POV-

Please come to the house after lunch. I need to talk to you and Sehun. I’ll see you. ^^ >>Aerin

I was too alert the moment I’ve read her message as if I was on amphetamines. I was suddenly too aware of what’s going on around me. I wondered if that was how people with paranoia felt. My heart was racing in my chest. I was definitely looking forward to seeing Aerin, but I don’t know what to feel towards the prospect of seeing Sehun. I’ve been trying my best not to confront him after Aerin cried in front of me. It was the first time I was seeing her cry like that and I knew I didn’t want to repeat the experience. It was heart wrenching to watch her wallow in her misery and what I couldn’t accept was the fact that Sehun was the reason for it. After she decided to go home the previous day, I had been worried sick, wondering if she was fine. I just hoped she was and Sehun wasn’t making her miserable.

If I find her crying again, I swear I’d break his neck. He was my friend, but what he did was just inexcusable I won’t allow him to make Aerin suffer such misery again and if she chooses him, he’d better promise me he’ll take care of her or I’ll kill him.

I was just wondering what on earth she wanted to talk to us about, aside from what is obvious. Was she choosing already? I don’t know what to think. Maybe she was, but I wasn’t ready yet. I don’t think I could let go of her just yet, but still, I had to respect her decision no matter what it was.  No matter how the suspense was killing me, I won’t trade our time together with her choice. I was scared. I must admit it. I don’t want to lose her and I know Sehun felt the same.

Anyway, I just went to their house as soon as I was able to. My mother held me back again by calling a meeting with the board of directors. Since I was a senior, I had to get ready for my training at the company. I liked that, but my mother was really bad with timings. I was too jittery in the conference room all the while and I know they all noticed that. It was embarrassing since I couldn’t think of the words to say to them. Still, I know they’d all be very willing to train me.

I stood at the doorstep, once again, contemplating to run away, but before I could do that, the door swung open. I swallowed hard when I saw Mrs. Kwon looking at me as if she saw something wrong. A few seconds later, she smiled brightly at me. Thank goodness Aerin got that from her.

“Chan Yeol-ah, annyeong~!” she greeted me enthusiastically. “Are you looking for Sehun or is it my Aerin?”

I bowed slightly. “Both of them, ma’am. How are you today?”

“Oh I’m great. Busy, though. Join us for dinner some time, okay?”

I nodded at her. I liked Aerin’s mother. She’s really bubbly. “Thank you for that. I’ll look forward to it.”

She patted my shoulder. “Get inside. This is your home, too.”

I bowed and entered. Just then, Sehun came bounding down the stairs. He eyed me then nodded. “Yah! Aerin-ah! You have a guest.”

“I’m off now,” Mrs. Kwon said and boarded her car.

I bowed again before entering the house. Aerin descended from the stairs and waved happily at me, pushing past Sehun who shot her an irritated look. I smirked at him and he made a face at me.

Aerin didn’t seem to notice that, but he had decided to be a pain again. “Yah! What are you looking so smug about?”

“I wasn’t doing anything!” I spat back.

“Yah! Cool it!” Aerin yelled at both of us.

“Well, he started it!” maknae retorted.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “I started it? Really? You’ve got to be kidding me. I was merely looking at you.”

He scoffed. “Yeah right. As if I don’t know you. You can’t use that tactic on me.”

Aish! He was really irksome. “When did you learn to talk like that to me?”

“Since forever?” he suggested sardonically.

“Yah!” I strode towards him and once again, we came face to face with each other. “You’ve got a lot of nerve doing that.”

“Doing what?” he challenged. “Did you purposely come here to scold me? Ooh, I’m scared.” He laughed evilly.

I glared at him. “I didn’t come here for you. Don’t be such an airhead.”

“Oh yeah? Then what’s your purpose for mocking me like that? I know what I did. You didn’t have to rub it in. You just like to dip your fingers in other people’s affair, don’t you?”

“Really now? I don’t care less what you do as long as you don’t hurt Aerin with your moronic ways.”

“What did you say?!” he growled.

“What now? You have problems with your hearing?” I jeered.

“Guys,” Aerin began, standing between us. “Stop it, will you?” We ignored her and continued bickering until she blew up as well. “YAH!” she shouted.

We broke the fight and inched away from each other.

She shut her eyes, putting hand on her forehead as she pointed towards the couch with her free hand. “You two, sit down,” she said ominously and we both obliged, nudging each other on our way there.

“ENOUGH!”

 

-Aerin’s POV-

I stood in front of Chan Yeol and Sehun. It took a while for me to convince them to calm down and sit. The moment the former had seen the other, he had been restless. They kept smirking at each other and I had to blow my top on them again just so they would shut it. Now, with hands akimbo and a frown on my face, I stared them both down, unable to get to my point.

“So you’re going to fight in front of me like this each and every time we meet?” I demanded angrily.

“No,” Chan Yeol answered.

“That was rhetorical!” I snarled at him. “Even if you tell me that, both of you never stand up for your words. Is this how it’s going to be? It’s tiring!” Once again, I was the single mom trying to control her two reckless sons. “Don’t you ever get beat doing that?”

They didn’t answer.

“Damn it, you’re making my head hurt.”

“Sorry –” Sehun said, but I cut him off.

“Stop apologizing to me! You wouldn’t have to do that if only you’d control your temper. I know it’s hard, but at least try. I didn’t call you both here just so you could go around saying hurtful things to each other.” I sat down on the couch opposite them.

Please log in to read the full chapter