Fifty Two: Approval

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Chan Yeol’s POV-

Aerin and I lay side by side on our stomachs on the bed, facing the flat screen at the foot of the bed, a tray of French fries on the pillow between us. We ended up that way after deciding to have a movie marathon right after lunch. She didn’t feel like going out so I let her have her way. For the past hours, we’ve watched five movies movies, covering all the genres, until it was dark outside. I purposely chose the second movie, a horror movie called ‘Insidious’, but my tactic never worked on Aerin. She just stared at the screen, not even flinching when they showed the grotesque face of the clown. When the movie was over, she rolled her eyes and commented on how she hated clowns. Now, we were watching that tragic, romantic movie ‘Sweet November’ and it was nearing the part where the girl was going to blindfold Keanu Reeves and leave.

I glanced at her. She was intently staring at the screen, her eyes b with tears. I smiled to myself. The comedy and horror movies didn’t have any effect on her and yet she was crying over this sap of a movie while stuffing with junk food. That was funny. She sniffed a bit then blinked back the tears. I wasn’t paying attention to the movie anymore. Seeing her like that was way better than any movie. I rested my chin on top of my palm and watched as the first tear fell down her cheeks.

“Why didn’t she just let him take care of her? She’s so annoying!” she muttered, her voice cracking.

I watched her thoughtfully. Inside that tough exterior was a mass of melted mallows. She might not be saying the words, but she wanted to be taken care of. She pretends that she can do everything on her own, but then, her sentiments suggested otherwise. She wouldn’t say that if she didn’t identify with the character’s plight. I wondered if this was how she acted in front of Sehun. Without hesitating, I reached over and wiped her tears with my thumb. Startled, she flinched at the sudden contact, pouting at me.

“What’s the matter?” I asked her, suppressing laughter.

She shook her head. “That girl is dumb,” she complained and reached for the remote, turning the television off.

Unable to help it, I burst into laughter.

“What?”

“Aigoo, Aerin-ah. You’re honestly crying over that movie?”

“It’s stupid,” she sniffed.

“You chose it,” I murmured, taking the tray of fries and setting it on the floor.

She narrowed her eyes at me. “Yeah, I did.” She shrugged, rolling on her back. She stared at the ceiling. “That was exhausting.”

I propped myself up on my elbow. “What is?”

“That movie…”

I arched a brow at her. “Exhausting? All you had to do was watch.”

Aerin nodded. “True.” She took a deep breath, her chest rising with the action. “I guess I just wanted to release some stress.” She closed her eyes and for a moment there, I felt the urge to reach over and touch her face. I stopped myself just in time.

Okay. There’s something wrong with her now. “You’re stressed?”

“Mm.”

“What’s stressing you?”

“Matters.”

I chuckled. “Care to elaborate on that?”

Aerin’s eyes flew open and she looked at me. “You’re asking me?”

Her words took me aback. “Oh.”

She rolled on her front side again, brushing her feet against my leg in the process. I flinched, but in a good way and she grinned at me. “You’re ticklish.”

I looked away. “No, I’m not.”

She blew a raspberry.

“And you’re not?” I said through my clenched teeth, poking her on the side.

She gasped, taken off guard. “Yah!”

I poked her again and she jerked away. “Look who’s talking.”

“I’m not ticklish. Do you even see me laughing? That’s natural reaction to stimulus.”

“Yeah?” I continued poking her.

“Yah! Stop it!”

I arched a brow at her. “And if I don’t?”

She took my hand, holding it back. “Park Chan Yeol!”

I snickered. “Ne?”

She burst out laughing then, rolling away as she prevented my hand from reaching her sides. She sat up, spanking my hands. “Don’t!”she shrieked in between laughter.

“Now who’s ticklish?”

“You are!” She drew in breath and took both of my hands, clasping them together tightly in between her hands. I tried to break away from her grip, but she shook her head. “Seriously, Chan Yeol, stop.”

I nodded. “Okay.” She let go of my hand too quickly and I smirked at her. “Shouldn’t have done that.”

She screamed and got off the bed and I ended up chasing after her. She jumped across the bed and rounded the bed as I came after her, catching her breath. “You’re crazy,” she breathed out.

“And I’m going to catch you easier than I thought.”

“Naw~!”

I took a step towards her. “I’m coming.”

“Chan Yeol~!”

I laughed at her and just sat on the bed. “You’re funny.”

She rolled her eyes and sat down beside me, swinging her slender legs as she stared at the floor and all of a sudden, she leaned her head against me shoulder. “That was tiring.”

“I stress you out?”

She eyed me from under her lashes. “What do you think?”

“I don’t know.”

She sighed. “I’m sorry.”

I wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “I can’t blame you.”

“Then you’re a fizz-brain,” she grumbled. “You and Sehun.”

I pulled back. “You didn’t just say that!”

She smirked. “But I did.”

“Aerin-ah.”

She chuckled and reached over, touching the side of my face with an unfathomable look about her dark eyes. I found myself drowning in their depths once again. She leaned forward, but then, she pinched my cheeks and giggled. “You’re so adorable when you’re flabbergasted.” She sighed luxuriantly, drawing back as she stood up. “Let’s prepare supper?” She reached out her hand. I took it and we both walked to the kitchen.

She stood by the counter, leaning on the side. “You’re preparing supper.”

I stood directly in front of her. “What are we making?” I purred against her ear.

She shrugged. “You’re honestly going to use that line one me?”

I made a face. “Sehunnie learned from the master?”

“So he heard that from you? Some hyung you are.” She pushed herself away from the counter. “You’re both nuts.”

“He he~!”

“Get started on dinner.”

“Fine.” I started bringing out stuff from the fridge, planning to make salad. I was tossing it with some ready-made vinaigrette when I felt her wrap her arms around my torso, leaning her head against my back. I froze. She was actually back-hugging me! Every cell in my body screamed in delight. I took her arm, about to turn around, but she held on tightly.

“Don’t move,” she said in a commanding tone so I stopped my progress.

We both stayed that way for a few more moments until her arms slackened, releasing me. I turned to face her and she smiled toothily at me, her eyes disappearing into two wavy lines.

“You’re so soft~!” she cooed.

I pouted. “Soft, huh?”

She bobbed her head cutely.

“And Sehun is hard?” I arched a brow at her.

She giggled, smacking me on the arm. “I’ve never back-hugged him before,” she said matter-of-factly but with a hint of innocence. She skipped towards the dish cabinet. “Probably.” She let out a slight laugh. “Strawberries and peaches,” she murmured to herself, but I caught it.

I wondered what she meant by that, but my heart was skipping beats as I proceeded with putting the salad on the counter. She made servings on the plates she took out, smiling to herself. She was enthralling in every way and I felt content and happy. 

 

 

-Aerin’s POV-

I slowly pushed the toothbrush against my molars, staring at myself through the mirror. I blinked slowly, feeling my lids getting heavy. I sighed, glancing at the wall clock through the open door of the bathroom. It was past eleven. My eyes strayed to Chan Yeol who was sitting on the divan at the foot of the bed, watching late-night baseball. I found myself breaking into a smile at his lax countenance while wearing that colorful pajama and simple white tee. He might be really tall and he might have that deep, sensuous voice, but he’s still a kid and an adorable one at that. I wrenched my gaze from him and rinsed off. I packed my toiletries, wiping my mouth with the towel that I slung around my neck and made my way out of the bathroom.

Chan Yeol’s eyes flicked to me. “You’re done?”

I nodded. Just then, I felt my phone vibrating in the pockets of my pajama shorts. I hesitated, standing still. I knew just who would was calling me. I could feel it.

“Aren’t you going to take that call?” he asked me then.

“J-just about to.” I breathed in and dug into my pocket. Sure enough, I saw Sehun’s photo flashing on my screen. I just answered it. “Ne?”

“Hello, princess. How was your day?”

“Fun,” was my stupid reply. I tossed my towel harshly on top of my bags at the corner of the room and sat down on the bed, folding my left leg under my while making my right dangle.

He chuckled. It sounded hollow. “You’re stingy on details.”

“Do you honestly want to hear it?” I shook my head, rolling my eyes. “Why are you still awake? It’s past your bedtime.” Stupid, Aerin. Just stupid!

At that, he laughed out loud. “Bedtime? Since when did I have a bedtime? Besides, you called the guys over to babysit me. How can I possibly sleep?”

“Yah!” I heard someone say from the background. It must be Kai. “You make us sound like freaks, maknae!”

I laughed. “They’re sleeping over?”

“They’re raiding your closet,” he muttered.

My eyes widened. “What?!” I growled at him. “Get those idiots out of my closet!” I caught Chan Yeol staring at me.

“Raiding you closet, huh?” he said.

Sehun snorted. “I heard the dummy’s voice. You’re not sleeping in one room, are you?”

I rolled my eyes. “Well, actually we are.”

“Bworago?!”

“Pft! Come on, Sehun. We sleep in one room.”

Chan Yeol snickered

“Separate beds. How can his mother allow this?! Has Park Manor lost its integrity?” he ranted. “And tell that idiot to stop laughing. It’s not funny.”

I made a face. “Really now, Sehun? Integrity? Don’t make me laugh. We’re not even at Park Manor, you idiot.”

There was a rustling sound then I heard his muffled voice. “Suho hyung! They’re not at Park Manor! How can this be happening?!” he demanded. So much for not making me hear.

“WHAT?!” they all chorused in the background.

“Where ar

Please log in to read the full chapter