Sixty: Hurt

Blue Kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

-Aerin’s POV-

Damned rain. It didn’t let up since it started pouring. Still I didn’t let it spoil my night. Chan Yeol and I hung out at the mall. We’ve gone window shopping then we went to the arcade. It was freezing outside, but once we were in the arcade, it started getting warm. Both played games, mostly car racing and basketball. After losing to him in three consecutive rounds, I gave up. I honestly felt bad about it since he was too tall. I mean, he could always shoot the ball without any miss while I just missed everything. I hated ball games. That’s it. I made a face when I lost again and he had noticed it, so he bought me a cotton candy after that. It was childish, but I just hated losing in the arcade where people are watching.

“You’re a bad loser, do you know that?” he said to me.

I rolled my eyes at him as I shoved a pinch of cotton candy into my mouth. “I hate losing.”

“I can see that.” He chuckled.

“It’s humiliating to lose especially when you’ve really failed badly.”

He nodded. “Who wants to lose anyway?”

“Right.” Feeling better after a while, we went back in and I challenged him to a game of air hockey.

He grinned at me. “Fine with me as long as –”

I cut him short, narrowing my eyes. “Bring it on.”

He shook his head as he followed me in. “Whatever you say.”

We played for a while, but soon, we were too exhausted and bored with the arcade. There weren’t many people around anymore since it was getting late so I asked him if we could go and he agreed to it. On our way out, I saw a crane game. It was a limited edition game since they were giving out Coraline dolls instead of regular plushies.

I looked into the glass box excitedly. “Omo-yah. I want one!”

He arched a brow at me as he looked in, too. “Those are creepy looking dolls.”

I looked at him with my lower lip jutting out. “Can I play?” I asked him, flashing him the best puppy-dog eyes I can dish out.

He chuckled and nodded. “Why not?”

I went to buy some tokens and started maneuvering the crane. I missed twice and I was already getting frustrated. I slammed my palm against the control pad and shrugged. “I don’t want to do this anymore.”

“Of course you do. We still have one token left.” Chan Yeol stood behind me and reached around my waist to the control pad. He was practically hugging me from behind with his chin propped on my left shoulder. I shivered as he ran his hand through the length of my arm, going all the way to my hands. He lifted both of them while twining his slender fingers with mine. “Ready?” he whispered in my ear, his eyes on the crane.

I froze on my spot, feeling my knees buckling. I nodded and he suddenly squeezed my hands lightly. He guided them to the lever and the release button that should be pressed to grab the toy inside. Ever so slowly, he maneuvered the lever with my hand underneath his. All the while, he his eyes were on me. I looked straight into them and I saw something unfathomable. As he moved the crane closer to the toy I wanted, our faces came closer to each other, inch by inch until there was nothing left but barely a thin line. Suddenly, he smiled and pressed my hand on the button. He broke the spell as he looked away and I found myself disoriented. He pulled away from me and took the toy from the dispenser.

“Here you go,” he said, handing me the Coraline doll.

I took it from him. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.”

I felt bad and I suddenly craved for caffeine. “Do you mind if we drop by for some coffee before going home? I can feel my caffeine supply running low.”

He placed an arm on my shoulder and towed me to the nearest Starbucks. When we were there he said, “What are you having?”

“Just a plain latte.”

“Should I get it for you?”

I smiled and nodded. “Sure. Thanks.”

“Wait for me here.”

To my utter surprise, he leaned over and planted a fleeting kiss on my lips, grinned and went to the counter to get my order. I blinked slowly, shocked to say the least. I wasn’t expecting that after he drew back while we were at the crane game. I stood by the waiting area, leaning against the counter. I watched him as he gave instructions to the barista. He’s really cute when he puts his hand on his nape. The girl on the cashier was eyeing him like she just saw her prince charming. I’ve got to admit that Chan Yeol was such a head-turner. He had beautiful eyes which were warm like melted chocolate, a perfect nose, and a wide-set pair of lips that always smiled at me. I liked staring at him and that’s just what I did until I felt a feeble vibration in my pocket.

I took my phone out, thinking that it was my mother, but then, I saw Sehun’s face on my screen. I sighed, letting it ring. I thought he was mad at me. Well, I was, too. He just needed to be a pain at the wrong time since he couldn’t give it a rest. Chan Yeol didn’t even say anything and he kept ranting. It kept ringing so I finally gave up. He just won’t quit annoying me until he’d had enough.

I answered the phone. I breathed out. “Hello?” I told him harshly.

“A-aerin…” he said, sounding a bit slurred.

I frowned, feeling my temper rise, but I tried to calm down. Suddenly, I felt like I’ve just swallowed whole ice cubes. Something was wrong. I just knew it. “Why do you sound like that?” I demanded.

“Where are you?” he asked weakly.

Too many thoughts ran through my head, possibilities of what might be happening to him. “I’m with Chan Yeol.” I felt my stomach lurch. Suddenly, I don’t feel like getting coffee. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“I see.”

What? What does he mean by that? “What?”

Just then, Chan Yeol joined me, frowning as he held two cups of coffee. “Who is that?” he asked me.

“Sehun. Wait a minute.”

“Okay,” he answered, nodding slowly as he set down the cups in the counter. He looked rather frustrated, but I had to ignore him this time.

I set out of the café and stood by the glass doors. “Yah, Oh Sehun! Are you there? Why are you calling?”

“I…I…”

“You what?”

“N-need you…”

“What are you talking about? Are you drunk? Yah!”

He didn’t answer. Instead, I heard the sound of a dull th

Please log in to read the full chapter